• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Trela

Smash Lord
Thanks for helping out, guys, it means a lot. It's just, every time I start thinking about Genesis, I also start blaming others or making up excuses for why I didn't do as good as I wanted to do. I try my best not to think about it and to ignore it, but for some reason, it's hard not to!

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings or made anyone feel bad. I'll make sure to talk about a problem like that in a better way than just exploding randomly. Oh, and RT, I'm going to buy two ice creams from now on so every GREEDY PIG isn't left out!

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
looking at those trela-trey posts again.

I read them in kirino tsun-tsun upset and dere-dere apologetic.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
FlameWaveK is available 8:36 am
Online: 42m
FishmanFreak 8:36 am
Hey
I just had a thought.
FlameWaveK is offline 8:37 am
IMs are delivered when the buddy signs in. Send FlameWaveK a text message

:rage:

Anyways you guys know about RCO Lag, right?

http://vgbootcamp.com/entry.php?16-Metagame-Minute-RCO-Lag-Mechanics

What if we used Aura Sphere Charge to force characters into RCO Lag? If we had the proper frame hitstun data we might have a few guaranteed setups/kills to work with.

Wait a sec... this does mean that Jab-> ( Jab-> ) FP might actually be legit in some situations.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings or made anyone feel bad. I'll make sure to talk about a problem like that in a better way than just exploding randomly. Oh, and RT, I'm going to buy two ice creams from now on so every GREEDY PIG isn't left out!
No need, I might want Crunch bars instead.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
From what I heard at Genesis, the Trela matches were some of the best matches to watch, win or lose. This was even coming from Melee guys as well.
One quote I remember was " If I were to watch Brawl, I'd watch Trela." And a bunch of the crowd just talking about the insane stuff you were doing during the day (this was during crews).

People enjoy the way you play, and applaud you doing so. And you can take this style all the way to the top leagues.

Put on your sunnyshoes with your shades and just walk away with your arms up.
And eat all of that ice cream. Kids need to grow.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Grow fat apparently. x_x

culexus・wau

We didn't know the esoterics behind it though.

the shield lag stalling out mk's invincibility here is super important.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
imo one will find it veeeeeery hard to discover something truly/completely "unknown" prior in Brawl, it's usually reapplication or innovation on a couple of old tricks/mechanics.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
More like, all we need is a better smash game...Smash 4, please don't suck. <_<

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Well it doesn't matter if they are 1st party or not if they don't come with the system in my opinion. Also since wiiu will have been out for 2+ years by the time smash 4 comes out we will probably get some controller bundle.

culexus・wau

I'm hoping they try a wired classic controller pro.

I kinda just want them to rehash a GC controller again though :<

at least just the button layout!
_______________y
The triangle-ish b A x kinda grew on me

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Already confirmed no cube controller support, so yeah...

They could always release some sort of Wiimote attachment that emulates that cube controller, but I doubt it...it looks like they're pushing the current Wiimote setups or the WiiU controller.

Already confirmed no cube controller support, so yeah...

They could always release some sort of Wiimote attachment that emulates that cube controller, but I doubt it...it looks like they're pushing the current Wiimote setups or the WiiU controller.
There's already a gamecube controller with both gamecube and wiimote inputs. But it's wireless, which is redundant. Wireless would never work in a tournament setting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m10zKB_ISHs

There are 4 usb ports on the WiiU. If by some divine prank someone (hopefully Nintendo) makes usb gamecube controllers or gamecube-to-usb adapter, competitive Smash will be saved. But that's the most baseless speculation ever

Competitive Smash can only continue to exist on Brawl and Melee

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hmmm, with RCO lag and the anti-planking thing... Marth is kinda screwed when he Dolphin Slashes to the ledge, huh?

I told you guys Shield DI was important. Did anyone listen to me about the importance of Shield DI? Nooooooooo.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Remember when you played Smash 64 using the 64 controller?
If ya like the game, you're going to use the controller they give you.

I hope that the next Smash doesn't have a competitive scene if it wasn't made to be competitive.
However, that's not gonna happen. So I then second hope that the next Smash has an equal part competitive part to it so then it can be played competitively well.
Everyone has a wii, therefore everyone can use the wiimote+CCP (easily easily easily the best choice as an alternative) or other wiimote add-on. But Nintendo likes to dabble in the past, so maybe they'll throw us a bone. However with the 3Ds not having any GBA support (being in the same-ish era as the Gamecube) Kinda looks like Nintendo is going to keep old tech away.
No CGN? Oh well, the controller was better for Melee anyways.

Plus touch screen smash bros on my WiiU controller, hells yea! Samus's Zair now bendable in any direction via stylus.

Really no need for a rant, it all just came out.
inb4alex

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, come find me when Shield DI changes an entire matchup.

culexus・wau

I'd be pretty stoked if they somehow made a controller as ergomatic as the GCN while replacing a the d-pad with a touchscreen.

and it wouldn't be used for taunts.

tekkie

Smash Master
"this is depressing"

Why do I always find comments like these right below every set I lose? Am I really just a "depression" for everyone to watch? What am I, some kind of drug?

Does anyone not remember how HARD exactly these kind of players are? Do you know how hard it is for someone like me, who feels as though he's the ONLY one left of his kind, to win a tournament? Hell, make that a SET, since EVERYONE these days JUST SO HAPPENS to be a "Lucario Slayer". It doesn't really help, either, when people come up to me and give me advice on Lucario or question on how I play him, when in reality, they're actually doing NOTHING helpful for me. Why not go focus on what YOU'RE doing wrong YOURSELF instead of telling me something that I probably already ****ING KNOW!? If you REALLY want to help me out, then go start placing or even WINNING something for me. Show me that I'm not the only one wanting to DO SOMETHING with this character, and show me that I'm not alone!

For those of you who support me and honestly show it to everyone, thank you so much. It's your comments that I love the most and that make me feel a lot better. All I ask from you guys is to not give up on me, and in return, I will not give up on you.
the mk matchup is depressing. i say the same exact thing when i watch seibrik 0-death ADHD and razer. you versus say ally wasnt depressing so much as "JESUS CHRIST WHAT DID I JUST WATCH"

and i'm busy maining an even worse character :awesome:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What, giving an option to avoid plankers isn't a big of enough issue?
It's very situational and risky to attempt. You **** up, you'll get punished or put yourself in a bad position offstage. Sure, now you have some mindgames....even then, they can still just nado back onto stage....start planking on the other ledge. Planking isn't that big a deal nowadays because of the ledgegrab limit....getting timed out by aircamping, scrooging, running away, etc. is the real issue.

So yes, this still won't change anything in the long run.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It also assumes MK won't mix-up. Works against Uair and such, but if he changes the times and or uses different moves then it's a different story.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I would like to mention for those that are worried about the risk, you can also use the DI to steal the ledge from MK before he can get it and get invincibility frames, which puts you in a pretty good position for most characters.

Of course, the Shield DI is really hard to use if the MK is doing more than just uairing.

culexus・wau

I think this weapon is important as it makes MK have to be more "honest" in the sense that uair isn't as safe as it always it.

You only need to get it once for them be aware of it, and then they'll be cautious enough to throw themselves off.

of course, this novelty will wear off in the long run, and thats only if this actually get popularized. [which, like everything thats been hyped after 09, I don't think so]

culexus・wau

nope

unfortunately no.

I wasted 3 hours just catching up on homestuck.

after wasting all last night reading problem sleuth

oh my gooooooood archive binging.

Top Bottom