• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What exactly happened at mlg 2006?
From AlphaZealot

Your kidding right? M2K got screwed when Ken threw his Winners Finals match vs ChuDat in 2006. That is the very reason rule #10 exists, because of something that MELEE players did.
So basically Ken threw his match, beat M2K and split in the grand finals.

M2K had a better chance against ChuDat and most likely would have played Ken in the grand finals, but instead Ken threw his match having a better chance against M2K and beat him.

This situation is way more close to being bracket manipulation compared to the more recent events, but they do have quite a few similarities.

edit: Wish I was on the tree...*sigh*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I could have escaped with SDI

and a tech

and godlike reflexes

and an asprin

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
...they're so amazing that they make you slap women?
That's terrible, Pitbull. ;-;

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
This place can get pretty crazy sometimes. I've come to the conclusion that... If curiosity killed the cat, then I am one dead kitty.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Umm... actually yes. I laughed so hard at that, but yeah that's the number and it's really serious.
Now I feel bad for laughing
It might even be higher.

Browny

Smash Hater
This thread is now about the REAL melee

I mained Gigan coz his teleport was hax and his super attack did massive damage if you caught the enemy not blocking. Who did other people use? Saying you never played the game is unacceptable!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That game sucked, Browny.
4 Player FFA was fun as hell though.
I mained the classic Godzilla.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Oops, I believe it's 7.2 million not billion.
The whole point of the ridiculously large statistic is to poke fun at the "Above the Influence" commercials. "Billion" wasn't a typo or a misunderstanding.

Top Bottom