• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Zant needs to remind me to get on more often. Jeez, I feel like I missed so much.
What's this talk I heard of M2K and ADHD being banned?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Supposed bracket fixing. It's one giant mess. And since it starts in four days, there's no chance of it being overturned.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, on fsmash I heard something about them setting matches up and splitting winnings or something like that. Wow, that's pretty bad if you have to rig a competition to win. I hope it turns out not to be true.

http://www.mlgpro.com/content/alert...las-Event-Following-Conduct-Violations-in-D-C

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289994

http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45454

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289983

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290017

http://vvvgaming.podbean.com/

All the links to the story told from a few different points of view

tl;dr
Mew2King: "I'm not feeling confident. Splitt?"
ADHD: "We'll talk about it later, let's play"
Mew2King: *I believe in you ADHD. Plays best performance I can give*
MLG: *Overhears stories of ADHD giving Mew2King $300 after MLG DC finish* "You two are banned for match fixing"

It was pretty stupid of them to do the split in a setting where it could obviously very easily turn into the scandal we have now, but I really don't think Wyatt paid Jason to throw the set. Wyatt ***** him easily the majority of the time, I see no reason why he'd have to pay him this time around. Also, Jason wanted money for college apparently. They've split plenty of times in the past. I guess if Jason had won, they'd have split anyhow. MLG sort of jumped the gun on this one.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
True, and at the same time Jeanie, they shouldn't have opened their traps about it at all.
This is MLG you're talking about. Things run differently. It's not some grassroots tournament.

Not only would they still be able to attend Dallas, but they'd have also saved the Brawl community some reputation. Combined with the Vegas and Doritos incidents, how do you think other communities see us now?

As if our image wasn't already bad.

I also heard that the Brawl section of MLG DC was also the messiest.

Well, that's exactly what I'm talking about when I say the "setting". Huge freaking corporate-run tournament, and you're going to openly conduct questionable transactions? After you've signed a contract? Seriously now.

Exactly. I don't think it was fixed. But I don't see what all the fuss is about. You have to trust they are telling the truth. You'd have to be an idiot to try and rig a MLG competition, and M2K and ADHD aren't idiots.
Even if MLG wanted to, they can't go back on their word after saying it. Think about the image it could give MLG. MLG says banned them, then they change their mind and let banned players enter their events?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But they've done it before and nothing was wrong. So why this time?
Because this is MLG, Psyco.
It's taboo to even consider talking about splits at an event of that type. This is business, not some grassroots like Pound or Genesis.

Edit: <333~ Jeanie

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Even if MLG wanted to, they can't go back on their word after saying it. Think about the image it could give MLG. MLG says banned them, then they change their mind and let banned players enter their events?
That makes sense. But if this is one big mistake then MLG will have just as bad an image. But idk, this is just one big, annoying mess.

That makes sense. But if this is one big mistake then MLG will have just as bad an image. But idk, this is just one big, annoying mess.
It could be a big mistake, but it's not as big as letting banned players enter events after publicly announcing it to the world that they're banned.

It just makes MLG look indecisive and it makes them look like they let players who've broken rules get away with their actions.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, well this sucks for M2K and ADHD. Is this a ban for this year, or for every MLG competition?

Yeah, well this sucks for M2K and ADHD. Is this a ban for this year, or for every MLG competition?
Thankfully, it's only MLG Dallas, but sadly, this is the one tournament Mew2King wants to enter/win far more than any other tournament.
$12,500 for 1st place (before taxes)

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, M2K is going to college next year right? So this will be his last one for a while and he needs to money.

Yeah, M2K is going to college next year right? So this will be his last one for a while and he needs to money.
Yep, and he does need that kind of $ for college. He's trying to quit because Smash isn't fun to him anymore and it's so stressful to him. I hope he can quit. He's such an emotional wreck on FaceBook.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
I feel really sorry for him now. If he does quit... wow this is a bad way to end. I haven't been on facebook in like forever now, so I didn't know that. I don't know what to think.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You know, it was actually because what Ken and Chudat did at MLG 2006 in Melee to bracket screw M2K by maving Ken lose on purpose is why this rule was made.

Split can be dumb, even more so when you tell people about it and lie about it after the fact to cover your *****.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Or he can...you know...get a real job.
Being a professional Smash player is a terrible occupation. You'd probably do just as good, if not better, with a regular, 40 hours per week, minimum wage job.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Are people still going on about capping or we get dropped BS?

MLG already admitting that capping isn't going to change if they keep Brawl or not, they are hoping we do to show our support, not that it's going to influence whether they keep us or not.

Note this doesn't mean we're getting dropped, nor does it mean we're being kept.

The doomsday talk it pretty funny I have to say.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Tourney yesterday:

Stauffy going in father mode driving off any unworthy men(Atomsk) who hit on his daughter, FlamewaveK.
Pitbull(me) Flame's brother also watching for unworthy men hitting(Atomsk) on my sister.
Flamey making us do work to make sure those men wouldn't come near her/him/it.
Uncle Lee Martin being the uncle to spoil Flamey and allow him to do whatever he/she wants.

solecalibur

Smash Master
he went last year and is skipping fall quarter because of the massive amounts of nationals in the fall, or something like that

Top Bottom