• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Milln

Smash Champion
I am also Italian, but I wonder why it is that not everyone is gay for me... Maybe it's because it's northern Italian, the less-well-known-yet-more-beautiful Italian... Although perhaps Milln is also northern Italian. He didn't specify... Still the general assumption when one says "Italian" is Southern Italian... Hmm...
Oh, I wasn't stating the Italian as the full reason. Just a supplementary reason. =o

guys... what does steam do to beat MK when he doesn't jump :(

Ftilt and grounded shuttle loop suck balls
Haven't they legalized swatting the controller out of a MetaKnight player's hands once per match, yet?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
We should change our thread title to match the Link board's.

Something like
Lucky Lucarios Lurking Leisurely while Looking at Laura.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Im actually downloading plants vs zombies right now. xD

My buddy just sent it over PM for me~ !<3
I don't really think its gonna be good...but I don't it'll be bad either ya know?

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm just popped it in while my Ps3 downloaded the new update. I'm playing Folklore, now, cause i still need to finish it before I get involved in any newer games. @@

Wish I had buddies that gave me games.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I tried Milln but to no avail D:

someone halp steam
I don't generally analyze myself while I play, but hopefully I self-aware enough to be of some help.

Make sure you don't Dair his shield. If you try for a fair string (which it sounds like your doing since you prefer him in the air) and he shields it, then end it with bair, which is usually prevents punishment if you're moving away from him, or just use you double jump and get away. If he's punishing your Fair before you even have time to do anything else (like with Nair or Shuttle Loop), then simply stop Fairing.

Use more Ftilt and Dtilt. I've never actually taken time to observe whether you can outrange meta's ftilt with these, but if you can't you still have fsmash, but try to use that only after you know he's commited to an action (like spamming a tilt or something)

Also, BAS should be really helpful against the type of metaknight your describing. Assuming he's not one that tornadoes a whole lot, then BAS at midrange should trip him up, maybe even force him to roll or jump.

Steam

Smash Hero
I don't generally analyze myself while I play, but hopefully I self-aware enough to be of some help.

Make sure you don't Dair his shield. If you try for a fair string (which it sounds like your doing since you prefer him in the air) and he shields it, then end it with bair, which is usually prevents punishment if you're moving away from him, or just use you double jump and get away. If he's punishing your Fair before you even have time to do anything else (like with Nair or Shuttle Loop), then simply stop Fairing.

Use more Ftilt and Dtilt. I've never actually taken time to observe whether you can outrange meta's ftilt with these, but if you can't you still have fsmash, but try to use that only after you know he's commited to an action (like spamming a tilt or something)

Also, BAS should be really helpful against the type of metaknight your describing. Assuming he's not one that tornadoes a whole lot, then BAS at midrange should trip him up, maybe even force him to roll or jump.
he always shuttle loops fair on shield. Ftilt and Dtilt never work Ftilt beats them. He generally punishes Auraspheres from about half way across the stage by PSing them to dash grab. Fsmash is the only move that doesn't get *****. even then it's never effective... I seriously feel it's unwinable if MK is smart about it.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
he always shuttle loops fair on shield. Ftilt and Dtilt never work Ftilt beats them. He generally punishes Auraspheres from about half way across the stage by PSing them to dash grab. Fsmash is the only move that doesn't get *****. even then it's never effective... I seriously feel it's unwinable if MK is smart about it.

If he has enough time to PS a BAS and then grab you, you're probably shooting them when he's too close. Try placing yourself a little farther a way. If he's conditioned to PS > grab, then you can punish the grab attempt with a tilt because you'll have a little extra time. Or when you ARE within dash-grab range, you might be able to trick him by canceling aura sphere charge with your shield (so he THINKS you're gonna AS) and punish the grab attempt.

If it's an extremely careful metaknight, then you just gotta make yourself be more careful, which may or may not be possible depending on each player's skill level.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
jump FF AD can work in a pinch too.

learn the spacing where aerials beat grounded SL.

You need to get faster and mix-up more if he's reacting to everything you're doing.

COME ON STEAM PROVE THAT YOU'RE BETTER THEN THE REST OF YOUR STATE.

its not like jokes are cracked about your region every so often here

Steam

Smash Hero
eh I'll try. it's just that matchup is soooooo lame. I **** when he's not on the ground though...

I also CP'd a snake main to Rainbow cruise and two stocked him with MK. that character and that stage are soooooo lame.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Props to Trela and D Disciple for getting 4th and 13th at Hobo 28, respectively.

Special thanks to D Discple for coming down...sorry you got timed out on two separate occasions...I'll avenge you if I meet those two in bracket. ;)

Trela almost taking out mikeHAZE...too goodz.

Top Bottom