• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
By the furry vested in me, i will pronounce them..........them...........

uh wat would i pronounce them husband-wife-husband?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, this thread has gone to far. People don't need to know or ever want to know about how you masturbate, regardless of your age.
And ****ing underage too.
Peace out.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well i was gonna troll you guys but it looks as though you guys are trolling each other fairly well without me. xD
encore.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Yeah right. Lucario hasn't had anything awesome since the game came out. There isn't going to be anything awesome. If people spent as much time improving as a player as they did looking for useless ATs and gimmicks, there would be a lot more placing Lucarios.

If you were referring to just the banana thing, it's still doubtful as Lucario jumps pretty **** high when he foostools.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Your guys' attitude to not wanting to do work around here, not wanting to look into ATs, etc. is really starting to bug me.

Well if you guys want other characters to develop way ahead of us and ignore this stuff fine, ignore the ATs.

Nothing wrong with practicing and looking at ATs to keep a fresher interest in the game.

I was practicing today and I found out that Air Walk is pretty much safe against a MK glide attack. Given we are sometimes frame limited to get a FAir out to cling with it Air Walking may be a safer route for punishing that move.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yeah right. Lucario hasn't had anything awesome since the game came out. There isn't going to be anything awesome. If people spent as much time improving as a player as they did looking for useless ATs and gimmicks, there would be a lot more placing Lucarios.

If you were referring to just the banana thing, it's still doubtful as Lucario jumps pretty **** high when he foostools.
Innocentroads (The guy who did most of the testing for most characters and brought this to the light) specifically stated that Lucario CAN PSNL Diddy. Lucario CAN do it.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Innocentroads (The guy who did most of the testing for most characters and brought this to the light) specifically stated that Lucario CAN PSNL Diddy. Lucario CAN do it.
Whoa, no kidding, huh?

Um, Flamey or Steamy we need you guys to help record this or something (in addition to Air Walk, which still hasn't been posted yet). lol more work to do we need fresh blood to help...

I also got a replay of me doing the Air Walk on a MK's glide attack if you want that to add to that vid too.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I'm too busy trying to fix/make money to buy a new Capture card.

and I still have stuff to record before that anyway.

meeeeeeh

just buuuuuuuy one alreadyyyyyyyyyyy

capture card is $50+ splitters so you can play on the game and record are about $10

the best way to get stuff done is to not rely on others.

Honestly, Hawks kinda right though, I wouldn't label what you do as "useless" Myth.
but a lot of airwalk stuff CAN be found on your own and it was kinda known for a long while, not just every detail of it.

hell, moving dair mechanics and the slight jump out of shield dair has been knowwwwn for awhile =\ since jeeps came here, it could have been considered a basic/tool to use back then by certain people I guess [Azen maybe?]

but imma be brutal, your AS priority stuff is pretty suspect seeing as its hard to calculate what % our AS does and whatnot with staling + aura.

Not to say you shouldn't continue in your efforts, they are appreciated, esp by people who can get much practice [No sparring partners so, can only really practice on their own and aren't M2K, but have time to read while practicing execution] like me =<

SOMEONES GOTTA DO THESE THINGS. still wish we had hotdogturtle tier frame data though, I'd hella commission him for that ****.

tl;dr stop relying on others for videos, its obviously not working + keep up the good work!

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
People owe me $40 from art I've done for them still and I have more on the way. Sooooooo Flamey, do you know any good websites that sell good capture cards and what not?

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Your guys' attitude to not wanting to do work around here, not wanting to look into ATs, etc. is really starting to bug me.

Well if you guys want other characters to develop way ahead of us and ignore this stuff fine, ignore the ATs.

Nothing wrong with practicing and looking at ATs to keep a fresher interest in the game..
It's not a "bad attitude" or laziness. Trying to find a miracle cure for all Lucario's ails is just a waste of time. He's not gonna get a good DACUS, his recovery isn't going to magically get better, we aren't gonna discover an infinite on the characters who are a bad match up for Lucario, and air walking has very little applicable uses. Sure it has some, but it's not going to win you tournaments. They aren't even ATs, they are gimmicks. What's advanced about dairing out of hitstun or shield stun? It's just simply jumping at the right time.

Your data has good intentions, but aside from the basic frame data, everything else gets branded in your mind the more you play. You learn what beats what, what clanks with what, and what punishes what the more you play regardless of seeing it on paper. Sure I guess having the numbers is nice, but I discovered all my fast moves and the priority of things just by simply playing people. On the plus side, I got a heck of a lot better in the process. Number crunching is all well and good, but it's not gonna make you an amazing player just cause you know that 12% aura sphere can clank with nades or whatever.

Like Zucco said, play better people by going to tournaments, learn match ups, and just play. That's all you need. It's not pessimism, it's not laziness, it's the cold hard truth. As far as us bugging you, your own actions of constantly nagging people about doing things and making vidoes about gimmicks that only YOU seem to be so worried about is kinda just as annoying, no offense.

Milln

Smash Champion
It's not a "bad attitude" or laziness. Trying to find a miracle cure for all Lucario's ails is just a waste of time. He's not gonna get a good DACUS, his recovery isn't going to magically get better, we aren't gonna discover an infinite on the characters who are a bad match up for Lucario, and air walking has very little applicable uses. Sure it has some, but it's not going to win you tournaments. They aren't even ATs, they are gimmicks. What's advanced about dairing out of hitstun or shield stun? It's just simply jumping at the right time.

Your data has good intentions, but aside from the basic frame data, everything else gets branded in your mind the more you play. You learn what beats what, what clanks with what, and what punishes what the more you play regardless of seeing it on paper. Sure I guess having the numbers is nice, but I discovered all my fast moves and the priority of things just by simply playing people. On the plus side, I got a heck of a lot better in the process. Number crunching is all well and good, but it's not gonna make you an amazing player just cause you know that 12% aura sphere can clank with nades or whatever.

Like Zucco said, play better people by going to tournaments, learn match ups, and just play. That's all you need. It's not pessimism, it's not laziness, it's the cold hard truth. As far as us bugging you, your own actions of constantly nagging people about doing things and making vidoes about gimmicks that only YOU seem to be so worried about is kinda just as annoying, no offense.
I, Milln, agree with Hawk and would have said this myself if I still played. *nod*

culexus・wau

People owe me $40 from art I've done for them still and I have more on the way. Sooooooo Flamey, do you know any good websites that sell good capture cards and what not?
Just go to ****ing radioshack and buy it in retail. =_=

GOING OUTSIDE WON'T KILL YOU.

also pretty much what hawk said.

although I didn't want put it in that way since I'm genuinely intrigued by your efforts, despite them not having very many actual applications, don't wanna discourage you D:

Gimmicks help, once in awhile.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
although I didn't want put it in that way since I'm genuinely intrigued by your efforts, despite them not having very many actual applications.

Gimmicks still help in a pinch.
I'm not saying he's doing anything wrong, I'm just saying that all this talk about ATs is so like, well, not going to go anywhere. Everyone tries to look for easy routes instead of just advancing the Metagame by playing. Lucario isn't going to become an A-tier character by looking for things that don't exist.

culexus・wau

You kinda painted it in a discouraging light however.

He's not really searching for things that don't exist anyway [or at least bothering us about it ircc].
He just wants to get cool momentum stuff with dair up for visuals at the very least, and cannot do it himself and is kinda just asking for help I believe.

still <3 you hawk.

in not AT-related/GET BETTER BY ACTUALLY PLAYING news.

I don't like trillian or chatzillla's interface, help for my google-fu in not music/game related programs is weak D:

Milln

Smash Champion
You kinda painted it in a discouraging light however.

He's not really searching for things that don't exist anyway [or at least bothering us about it ircc].
He just wants to get cool momentum stuff with dair up for visuals at the very least, and cannot do it himself and is kinda just asking for help I believe.

still <3 you hawk.

in not AT-related/GET BETTER BY ACTUALLY PLAYING news.

I don't like trillian or chatzillla's interface, help for my google-fu in not music/game related programs is weak D:
Trillian is exactly like mIRC, if I recall mIRC's gui correctly.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I seriously feel like fleeing from this thread. saying which hand you masturbate with??? i mean... every guy does it, but we should never admit it. and its not as if this is the first time you crossed the line.

as for the gimiks vs just get better thing, while we should admit lucario is just not that awesome, we as a character board SHOULD go find stuff useless or not. its why we still put in frame data even though its technically useless. as faithful lucy mains, we should learn everything about him inside and out. (and to those who took that sentence wrong, shame on you.)

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I know Lucario isn't gonna probably be A tier, but it doesn't hurt to have some exaggerated hype every once in awhile. Hype gets people talking, thinking, and other stuff.

Researching a lot of this stuff does get pretty boring fast, so... I keep myself entertained by hyping it up in my mind and a bit on the boards, lol.

People call things like a DACUS an "advanced tech", so I guess calling Air Walk an advanced tech is fair. Full mastery of it though will allow us to punish quite a bit more, but I don't expect to see results for it at tournaments for some time.

More options = more things we can do in certain situations. As players you'd at least like to have a general knowledge of your possible options, right?

Also, Flamey needs to get on IRC moar.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The term "advanced tech" has been thrown around so much for every character, you might as well call everything in the game an advanced tech. Walking? Oh yeah, an advanced tech. Standing still? Oh yeah, advanced tech. Crouching? HOLY F-, best AT ever!

<_<

Top Bottom