• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
frigate is risky cause he can run away and camp like a ***** x.x anything with platforms is bad vs olimar, he ***** platforms so hard. most olis will strike to sv/BF/YI for that exact reason

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
meh yellows imo aren't as annoying as purples in this MU. I'd actually argue that yellows might be his worst type in this particular MU, minus white pikmin lol.

Plat sharking is what Oli does really good at, but sharking is also usually only as effective as you let it be.

And I think FWK learned not to use Rich's Castle as a CP anymore lol.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
Blue > Purple > Red = Yellow > White > Ghost Pikmin

Blues because they kill regardless, and they live longer even when hit.

Purples kills, but have crap range, lives many hits.

Reds just kill.

Yellows are survivable, because they give you a chance to DI.

Whites are just weird.

Ghost Pikmin are the best in this match up

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I love taking Olimars to Frigate. No idea why someone wouldn't.
This x10000.

Thenagain I love taking everyone to Frigate, but Olimar has to be dumb to not ban this stage. <<

Also imo, Purples > Reds > Blues > Yellows > White > Ghost Pikmin

Purples are just plain annoying as hell because SideB can be used in the air and smacks you away from Olimar. Getting hit by a smash from one also kills at like 83-95 iirc, and uthrow kills at average %s which especially pisses me off. Reds are ridiculous simply due to that absolutely ridiculous damage output on their aerials (but extra usmash range helps too). Blues increase grab range omggay and kill with throws at ridiculous percents and are average otherwise. Yellows can be SDI'd and aren't especially damaging compared to the rest, but usmash and fsmash extra range can catch me off guard. Plus if I'm at kill % from yellow usmash, the hitlag is just so huge it just becomes a horrifying moment where you know what's going to happen but you can't do anything about it. Whites are only scary if you get SideB'd and don't get them off quickly enough, or if you're grabbed and they mash the pummel button. Extra grab range + pummel is sort of annoying though. Ghosts are yaay gg Olimar. <3

For some reason I find a good 80% of my deaths vs Olimar/L_Cancel come from purple Uthrow. I have absolutely no idea why or how the hell it happens. It just does.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah the ghost pikmin glitch is hilarious.

I was messing around with Olimar once against a jigglypuff and all of a sudden I'd be using aerials, smashing, or trying to grab and nothing would come out lol.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
No

I have to do it again.

To redeem myself
Be careful when you use your second jump, you have to be sure not to be close or out of Oli's hitbox range. Else you'll get pivot grabbed or something.

If you want pure unhindered revenge study Rich's videos and search for habits.

Also Olimar's grab takes 11 frames to grab. Don't try to FSmash when you just land. If you get Oli's shield low enough you might be able to attempt some Ftilt/Dair shieldpokes.

<theorycraft>Perhaps try to aim an Aura Sphere at his head or try a Broversal charge away when landing</theorycraft>

"When in doubt aim for the head."

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Oli's fsmash takes 11 frames to grab. Oli's JC usmash takes 8 and kills 83-120. ._.

Also I was unsure about it at one point, so I tested FFNairs on olimar's shield before. He can JC usmash us in our lag with a few frames of leeway before we can shield, and remember that Usmash hits on both sides, so you can't rely on cross-ups to save you. :\

Also, pressure Olimar to the ledge. If he pivot grabs too close to the ledge, he will slide offstage due to his unique grab mechanics even if it's successful, so in general he both cannot and will not pivot grab you when he's too close to the ledge. Good thing to keep in mind.

Also, for one super gay thing he can do, I hear Olimar's standard ledge get-up below 100% has absolutely no vulnerable frames, and even if you try to outlast it with a lingering hitbox, he can powershield immediately after. Really gay thing you might want to keep in mind.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
/namesearched

I don't have as many habits as I used to. x:

Since Pound I've really improved, I don't feel like they're as easy to exploit anymore.

Bleh. Olimar. I hate having to face him. I always take em to either Frigate or Castle Seige.

What you've got to do is not get hit by USmash with ANY Pikmin. They can all be deadly at average%.

Also don't get DThrowed with a Purple because they cause more KB then the rest iirc.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Bleh. Olimar. I hate having to face him. I always take em to either Frigate or Castle Seige.

What you've got to do is not get hit by USmash with ANY Pikmin. They can all be deadly at average%.

Also don't get DThrowed with a Purple because they cause more KB then the rest iirc.
It's Uthrow. Purple uthrow KOs. Blue any throw KOs. Blue Bthrow strongest throw in the game.

Ah, ok, thanks. I guess I mixed up what I read a couple months back.

Kita don't you play(or at least used to play) Olimar.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i still havent heard why frigate is such a good stage against olimar :/ its such a massive camp zone for him. i used to cp frigate till i realised how much it helped him camp, the fact that the increased yellow and purple pikmin counts are really *****y, and the fact that they dont really get gimped there

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
How do they not get gimped?

right side of the stage is like below par for Oli.

I can see the camp issue being high on the 2nd transformation, but I'd rather Stauffy tell why it's overall a good choice for Lucario, since he's beaten several (and I have yet to play Weruop, since he's too busy to go to smash tourneys anymore).

Edit: iirc, isn't your streak against Olimars good too, D. Disciple?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
becuase a good oli knows how to SDI hits, and even when the platform on the right side is in the high position they will vary rarely be sent in a bad position. i play fino quite often, and it may just be how hard he is as an olimar to gimp, but i have no memory of ever succesfully gimping him on that part of the stage. im not the best lucario nor is fino the best olimar but i think we are both good enough to show it. idk, i just dont see it being a major issue for olimar. and once that second stage sets in its virtually impossible to get in there

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Also he can't run away, and it's ridiculously easy to juggle him there.

Just run away if he camps the second transformation since you're not prying him out of there and you're gold.

Honestly, the whole super easy to juggle thing is way more important than how easy it is to gimp him there. The gimping is just a bonus.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
then they can farm till they get an assload of purples, which is a big pain to deal with
How are they going to farm purples if they never touch the ground?

They'e almost as easy to juggle as ROB, and that stage makes it even easier. Olimar does not have enough room to land safely.

I usually use my aerials to outprioritize Pikmin at mid-high%. Nair and Fair for sideBs, etc. and Dair for Usmash.

Also, you've got to learn to DI throws to survive Purple UThrow and Blue BThrow.

Also, I think ASC outprioritizes Side B and F/DSmash occasionaly iirc.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yeah juggling's pretty legit, you have to be tighter on him than others though.
Why? Can't whistle a grab.

Also back at Stealth, why would he be SDI'ing anything, and how would it make a difference? You should be shieldgrabbing his landings because he has such horrible air control.

Zucco

Smash Master
ugh, Frigate is a terrible choice. Not sure what Olimars you guys are playing, but I know a bunch that love that stage. The purples and yellows really hurt you, I dont know why you would want to increase that rate. The only thing that helps is that gimping zone on stage 1 but even than it might not help if the olimar isnt an idiot. I really dont know where exactly to bring oli though. maybe delifino so his pikmin drown? its been months since ive played an olimar.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you wont always land a grab. he can whistle bounce, defend himself offstage pretty well and tether the ledge. one he is on the ledge he has way more options to get back onto stage. and dont give me the whole grab the ledge thing, he has ways to knock you off the ledge and he can just up-b past you onto the stage. i think its very unlikely that you can keep olimar off the ground for an entire stock. hes gonna touch the ground more then a few times per stock, and when he is on the ground he is very VERY hard to get inside of

WHAT ZUCCO SAID! if you arent gonna listen to me listen to a GOOD lucario

not delfino either unless you are VERY comfortable there. on the platforms he has like a 40% chance for purple, its rediculous. i would say either japes or FD for a cp (the olis i know ban japes most of the time)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
This is an actually productive discussion...

IN AN UNPRODUCTIVE THREAD. ಠ_ಠ

Note that he said that he hasn't played one in awhile. That being said, he does point out some valid info. I'd side with Stauffy's opinion, because his advice has helped me a looooot with the MU and he's played good olimars fairly recently.

Though I do know that moreover the better Olimars are probably more common in the MW/EC area (mostly MD/VA due to Logic being there).

Zucco

Smash Master
I brought Logic(P~S) to frigate, he killed himself due to not having enough pikmin when going for the upB at really low percents, and it STILL ended up being close to last hit. I really dont plan to bring an olimar of his lever there ever again. I dont have olimars to play sadly, so I cant help too much.

I will admit that I have a horrible gimping game though. I almost never get gimp kills and always have to bring them to the kill% to win on every stock lol. looks like I found something to improve in though ^_^

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
honestly its REALLY hard to gimp a good olimar, which is what makes it tough. a good way for a surprise gimp is to fthrow them without letting them touch the ground. if they have used their second jump its still gone.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
This is an actually productive discussion...

IN AN UNPRODUCTIVE THREAD. ಠ_ಠ
yea but im learning so much about proper stage selection. I was planning on using lucy against olimars so im reading every post related to this pretty seriously

I will admit that I have a horrible gimping game though. I almost never get gimp kills and always have to bring them to the kill% to win on every stock lol
got any tips on it anyway? im having the same issue =\

Top Bottom