• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I've got a ton of injuries that will make you guys cringe.

at 5 years old, i completely fractured my left arm. (because my cousin wanted me off the slide. he ended up completely pushing me off the structure.)

stepped on broken glass barefoot when i was 8.

bitten by a rottweiler.

cut with a knife.

I WOULD have gotten shot before by a gun, but luckily the robbers had a soft spot for children :D

slammed my fingers with the door.

got my foot run over by my uncle's car.

got stuck in a sewer pipe for 4 hours.

and pulled out my tooth with pliers. then i found out the tooth fairy never existed :(

but none of this compares to being forced to watch my gay classmate dance in the school christmas party. the HORROR.....

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I saw a teacher dress up as a baby in my elementary school costume parade.

basically all he wore was a giant diaper and a bonnet. 'twas funny at least.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I bashed my teeth with my old power ranger piggy bank when I was a kid. Swung a door knob into them, and pulled them out with tools when they weren't even loose. Then I found out I didn't get **** for a loose tooth.

Also for pain. Getting your finger run over by a tilt-a-whirl cart 6 times in the same spot, is extremely painful.
ive jumped into the side of my bed and had to be rushed to the ER to have my 2 front teeth removed. I have a scar on my hand from a bad dog bite, the wound on the top is deep enough that theres nerve damage. I've stepped on a large piece of glass in a river[idk why theres no scar or why i dont have trouble walking].

got stuck in a sewer pipe for 4 hours.
lmafo i love you so much, only in LSGD would you find someone getting stuck in a sewer pipe

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
imo we should impeach Flamey and get a new person to make the titles for the thread. We have yet another one starring me and this is getting old.

We should have something new, like "42% of Lucario mains can't find Lucario on a map - LGD" or something.

or we could just be sexy and call the LGD "Twilight Techno".

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
typically i 1 up GS titles just by acting normal and posting

GD titles ive had so far; "i got dis just let me finish showering first -- KGD"
"you better watch yourself or your ego and waste line might topple my DDDs!! -- PGD"

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
My favorite was "A night with Jenkins will only last for about 9 frames. Then he's done." for the Fox GD.

Then with little followup comments like "Only 8 frames if it's buffered" or "Also jump cancelable on frame 6."

Close second has to be "REDHALBERD SHALL RULE FOREVER."

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i liked the jenkins one too, dont ever force the humor just let it happen as you roll the discussion ball along

LSGD has good enough posters and posting comments that it should get a few good titles every so often lol

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
ive jumped into the side of my bed and had to be rushed to the ER to have my 2 front teeth removed. I have a scar on my hand from a bad dog bite, the wound on the top is deep enough that theres nerve damage. I've stepped on a large piece of glass in a river[idk why theres no scar or why i dont have trouble walking].

lmafo i love you so much, only in LSGD would you find someone getting stuck in a sewer pipe
actually, just dare any asian kid to do it for 20 bucks and he'll try to squeeze through a sewer pipe.

and fail.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
by fail you mean either failing by being too fat or just having a big head in general?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
depends what are you having trouble with? those mu's arent that bad for lucy

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
my problem is the following: Count(Diddy), Hilt(Olimar),L_Cancel (Olimar) and Avarice (New Diddy who will surpass ADHD when he's 18. He's 15 right now)

My real problem with Olimar is me getting tarped by his U smash and trying to get him in the air. I try to Dair him from above, I should probably be in the air behind him...

My problem with Diddy is not getting hit by his Bananas. I shield too much and trip on his bananas.
I'll try to get Videos this weekend. :\

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dair over olimar is typically never a good idea anyway since like you said usmash hurts and his uair is pretty good

ever try z catching nanners? lucy has a nice glide toss last i checked

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Naw, z-catch means what the name implies. It allows you to catch an item without having to commit to the frames an attack or AD would give. The problem is that the catch is a bit more specific (iirc the item needs to be closer to your "hand/paw" area to grab it, you can't just wonder-grab the banana w/ your legs).

Then there's insta-throw. LEARN THIS.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Lucario has a lot of things with Banana which I love, especially dropping it, dairing the Diddy and if they shield they get pushed into the banana, then you follow up with aura sphere, dsmash, fsmash, and even usmash.

With Olimar, you gotta pop him up in the air. Meaning you have to get inside of him, can't keep your full range from him, if you do you're just gonna be hearing Pikmin screaming at you the entire time. If you're gonna try to approach him in the air, fair to kick away Pikmin, then airdodge, even fastfall airdodge if you have to. Into grab or one of your tilts.

Insta Throw is when you catch you the item, then cancel your air dodging animation with c stick I believe to throw it immediately.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Naw, z-catch means what the name implies. It allows you to catch an item without having to commit to the frames an attack or AD would give. The problem is that the catch is a bit more specific (iirc the item needs to be closer to your "hand/paw" area to grab it, you can't just wonder-grab the banana w/ your legs).

Then there's insta-throw. LEARN THIS.
thats why i prefer switching it up between using an aerial and z catching

@braxton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93wxSc8JoCc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAu4Vwq2WeI&feature=related

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
my problem is the following: Count(Diddy), Hilt(Olimar),L_Cancel (Olimar) and Avarice (New Diddy who will surpass ADHD when he's 18. He's 15 right now)

My real problem with Olimar is me getting tarped by his U smash and trying to get him in the air. I try to Dair him from above, I should probably be in the air behind him...

My problem with Diddy is not getting hit by his Bananas. I shield too much and trip on his bananas.
I'll try to get Videos this weekend. :\
Wait... are you Tactical?
Video plz. :C I'm a visual kind of guy, not a reading.
i keep hearing about insta throw, someone enlighten me plz :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-45H9QTOPZg
mind you, the video is pretty gimmicky, it's not exactly as applicable for snake, but this is so useful in the Diddy MU.
This also applies to when an item is being thrown at you.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
WOW WHY IS THIS SO EASY. This will definitely help me vs Diddy, and Wario, too!
I'm shocked there aren't anymore Diddy mains out there, he's so easy to learn.
;\

K. thanks. Now I need halp on some srs bsns olimar.

I <3 Lucario boards

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
my problem is the following: L_Cancel (Olimar)

omg L_cancel. He's one of my favorite people and we play all the time.

Dude, learn to bait L's airdodges. L has always had a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE problem with airdodges. He airdodges whenever you hit him, even though he's getting better at stopping. Abuse this against him for as long as you can.

Also, whenever L is on the ledge, he will ALWAYS ALWAYS uair. Drop down and dair stagespike him. It will hit him every time. He will not learn.

L has a bunch of stuff that works specifically against him that wouldn't work on other players. Malcolm likes to jokingly call them "autocombos on L_Cancel" because he doesn't learn and always reacts the same way to certain stimuli.

Be aggressive against L offstage. Bait the airdodge and fair/bair/dair him off for as long as you can. L is hard to gimp, but you can rack up a ton of damage and it is possible to eventually gimp him. Be careful not to get KO'd by a red Fair. If he is pretty far away with only 3 or so Pikmin, he's always going to throw all his Pikmin and try to recover with the "Nolimar Hop." Watch out for purples and punish him while he has no aerials except Nair to cover him.

If L is on a platform above you, he'll try to dair you a very large percent of the time. Spam utilt or nair/uair immediately. He also likes to dair you if you're on the ledge for too long, but it's not guaranteed.

Don't let L get under a platform. L is a master of camping and WILL screw you up if he sets himself up.

Up until recently, L always DI'd inwards towards his opponent whenever he got grabbed. He might have a relapse, So Fthrow/Uthrow/Dthrow immediately to mess him up if he ever goes back to old habits like this.

Ban L's Island. (Yoshi's Island). L is absolutely amazing on that stage. If he somehow gets to go there because you forget to ban it, do whatever you possibly can to keep him from camping the middle. Good luck. L is for the most part invincible on this stage and absolutely cannot be defeated here. :<

Lastly, SPAM GRAB AGAINST L AND OLIMAR IN GENERAL. Olimar sucks against Lucario's grab, and L is just as vulnerable. Just be careful about L's dsmash and you'll be good. I'm serious. 90% of your success against L_Cancel and maybe 70-80% of your success against Olimar in general will be DIRECTLY dependent on how much you grab him. jab grab. dash grab. roll to grab. airdodge to grab. Do everything you can to grab grab and more grab. As long as he's on the ground, grab is your goal. You want to grab. Get him in the air before you think of anything else. You can sometimes get away with dtilt, utilt, or jab to grab once he starts learning about your grab and starts dodging it, but for the most part grabs go through his vulnerable shield and get him in the air, so they're your top priority.

I practice with L on wifi all the time and I always hear Malcolm talking to L between matches they play on wifi too. L is a really nice guy and a good smasher, but he has a ton of habits you can exploit right now.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I wouldn't

Frigate or FD is better.

Anyways..

an extra thing you can do to olimar is sdi his uair and then nab him with one of those fancy falling dair.

simply sdi the up and opposite way olimar is moving while he uairs [DI to the side so he has to chase]

and then dair

it works

most of the time

but I'm rusty at it

only attempt over full hop Olimar Uair height and not under a platform btw

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
FRIGATE IS NOT BETTER! never EVER take an olimar to frigate! you will not gimp him there unless he is dumb, he has a VERY high chance to get high priority yellows there, and the second form is his camping dream. trust me never take him to frigate. FD is good though

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
you can still put him a bad position.

yellows have never been a problem for me.

its those reds and purples that scare me.

you can super SDI yellows lol hella hitlag

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
trust me, avoid frigate >.> it is one of those stages for oli that seems tantalisingly like an oli counter but really isnt.

also avoid SV, its one of their favorite stages other then BF

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Should I take him to BattleField? (I love Battlefield)
It's not the best choice, but it's better than some alternatives.

It's absolutely killer trying to pry him out from under the platforms. I personally take him to Frigate or SV if he bans it.

I love Frigate. <3

FD is risky because he can run away and camp like a *****.

Top Bottom