• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so what CP would be good for oil if japes is already a banned stage for that tournament? And oh hell yea would i take a oli to japes if it wasnt banned.

Still even on D3 or Lucy i reaaally wouldnt want to take any olimar to final d. I think either SV or BF for me would be better. And i can see where kita is coming from with his whole essay on L's Island. So yea i wouldnt go for yoshis either.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
PERSONALLY i use delfino, as its one of my favorite stages, but i wouldnt recomend most people use it unless they are very comfortable there. other then that, i would think FD or brinstar might be good places. RC is iffy. some olimars (like fino) have learned to do very well there, but if they dont it ***** them pretty hard

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
What do olimars typically ban though? One would think RC would be the first thing to go. But yea brinstar sounds pretty kickn rad

I like delfino too its a fun stage for me, plus the changing platforms changes the tide of the fight and the water/transformations help in their own ways and hurt in others

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Delphino's pretty good, but you always have to be careful when he's going for lol side kills.

Yeah I noticed you don't edgeguard/gimp as much Zucco. Not that you're bad at it, but there's a loooooot of harassment to be made on the edge for a lot of characters.

I always was a bit iffy about Japes when I saw how Oli's camp game is there, it's pretty silly :p

but yeah, it seems like a good stage for if you want to avoid getting usmash killed.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I brought Logic(P~S) to frigate, he killed himself due to not having enough pikmin when going for the upB at really low percents, and it STILL ended up being close to last hit. I really dont plan to bring an olimar of his lever there ever again. I dont have olimars to play sadly, so I cant help too much.

I will admit that I have a horrible gimping game though. I almost never get gimp kills and always have to bring them to the kill% to win on every stock lol. looks like I found something to improve in though ^_^
Hey Zucco, how's your Frigate experience? Just curious. If I remember right you usually perform your best on neutrals.

Also, it may have just been you going about the matchup the wrong way.

Sort of like how Tyrant was spamming waddle toss and inhale for who knows why against Stauffy instead of Bair and Ftilt.

Also, gimping a good Olimar honestly isn't really that HARD. It just takes practice, imo.

Regardless, though, gimping seriously isn't the sole reason Frigate is so good against Oli. It's a factor, definitely, but the fact that Frigate1 is just so dang tiny makes it really, really easy to juggle him and keep him airborne.

Whistlebouncing is overrated, seriously. Olimar has one of the game's worst air speeds, and is pretty floaty. Even if he changes his direction suddenly, it's still not that hard to chase him, or just bait it and punish him anyways.

Also Stealth, you have to land a grab. Olimar is very, very weak to grabs, and that weakness is made even more apparent when he's trying to land safely.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I like it when they're smart to whistle for a purple to throw at an edgeguarder before they try recovering. Although not when it's used on me :p.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hgKjrsc1HiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hgKjrsc1HiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

tekkie

Smash Master
So much for Lucario being in the next Smash.

Wonder how Zoroark will play.
Every seed turns into a flower
Every minute turns to an hour
Turn that frown upside-down
And there's a nice big smile
So....
Never let go of hope
It's a lifesaving rope
And like a seed grows, dreams come true
Just because you're you

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Hey Zucco, how's your Frigate experience? Just curious. If I remember right you usually perform your best on neutrals.

Also, it may have just been you going about the matchup the wrong way.

Sort of like how Tyrant was spamming waddle toss and inhale for who knows why against Stauffy instead of Bair and Ftilt.
Shove it up your ***, Kita.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
someone didn't sleep last night because they were waiting for their favorite sandwich shop to open only to find out it's closed today.

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan the room was so weird when I woke up.

My ceiling was red

the ceiling fan was distorted and broken.

everything else was inverted and distorted.

and then

I blinked

and it was all gone.

crazy stuff guys.

Kita stop being a fgt.

Top Bottom