• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AUGUST 15 - 16th - ROFA'S MIDWEST CIRCUIT EVENT - GONNA BE HYPE AS **** IN ANN ARBOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
hey guys greetings once again from california. i threw together this flyer today and would LOVE it if you guys could print this out and hang them all over! we gotta hype this **** up!

rofa

Smash Journeyman
word vayseth, ill seriously pay you money if you go around town for a couple hours with BUSA and hang them up everywhere. OMG WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!

edit: HOTARMS, in some places you have to ask permission, but the general rule with flyers is JUST HANG THEM UP. whats the worst they will do? take them down a couple of days later? just make sure u use tape that wont leave a mark (like blue painter's tape or scotch tape.)

HEY I HAVE A GREAT IDEA. WHOEVER HANGS UP THE MOST FLYERS GETS HALF OFF ONE OF THE TOURNAMENTS!!! OMG WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! EVERYONE GO HANG UP FLYERS NOW KK THNX

Vayseth

Smash Master
word vayseth, ill seriously pay you money if you go around town for a couple hours with BUSA and hang them up everywhere. OMG WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!
How much =P I'll do it. I have a lazer printer too. I'll get on it yoz.

dumb question, if you hang flyers in buildings (or wherever) do you have to ask permission?
Depends on the building. Usually you can throw them up and it can be fine (especially on campus). But, if you do it in a place of business, you have to make sure the owners are okay with it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wait, seriously?

I have an unlimited amount of prints at my job and I'm pretty sure I could cover a building.

Vayseth

Smash Master
That's a terrible idea. You'll never be able to prove who did that, and I'll win, which isn't fair to everyone else (seeing as I'm in a lab, and just printed off 120 fliers).

OS- I don't think people will be willing to drive all the way up here XD

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
How much =P I'll do it. I have a lazer printer too. I'll get on it yoz.

Depends on the building. Usually you can throw them up and it can be fine (especially on campus). But, if you do it in a place of business, you have to make sure the owners are okay with it.
haha u quoted him twice

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think I'm coming to this any more. If you know why and want to talk to me about it, you know my AIM. If you don't know why and incorrectly assume the reason and try to talk to me about it, I'm blocking you.

The rest of you, keep talking about whatever **** you talk about in here.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
aww ankoku wants sympathy

edit: so i printed off a copy of the flyer and showed it to my mom and she was like "what, you seriously cant be making this a priority right now, you need to focus on your college applications blah blah blah......."

so ill have to finish some essays and stuff first................grr.........the things i put myself through to go to a smash tourney =/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's a terrible idea. You'll never be able to prove who did that, and I'll win, which isn't fair to everyone else (seeing as I'm in a lab, and just printed off 120 fliers).

OS- I don't think people will be willing to drive all the way up here XD
I work in a lab 3 days a week and I have plenty of space on an empty college campus XD

But yeah... most wouldn't make the drive. They would, however, see the fliers. Which would reduce my tournament entry fees and add to a list of "shiz OS has dun".

Also, Hot Arms: finish your college stuff first, tehn smash a lot. Your mother is correct in the order. College holds more smashers, so it is important.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I was going to be teaming with Ankoku, but he's not coming anymore I need a new teammate. :(:(:(:(

Who wants to win teams with me? ;);););)

:wolf::heart::fox:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I put this up on craigslist so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out
Let's just hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ***. I've heard some reports of theft associated with craigs, so I won't be letting my controller of sight :D

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Hmm... anyone in indy or south of indy gonna be passing through on their way? Right now it looks like my only way of making it is to carpool with someone else. I'd like to join in one last MW event before I leave for the EC.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
I was going to be teaming with Ankoku, but he's not coming anymore I need a new teammate. :(:(:(:(

Who wants to win teams with me? ;);););)

:wolf::heart::fox:
yeh that would suck to come from indiana just to lose with ankoku with NO CHANCE at all
ideal teamates i can think of off the top of my head are

Lain Anther Dope Tink Vidjo OS Kel Shaeden Rofa . any of those would be good im not sure about the whole midwest sry if i forgot somone from MI that ive won teams with (which on that list is Dope and Vidjo)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
yeh that would suck to come from indiana just to lose with ankoku with NO CHANCE at all
Uhh, not like anyone's disagreeing with you since I pretty much said that when I first posted like a month ago LOL

I play Sheik/Marth. I probably suck. Don't team with me unless you really want to just enter doubles but don't have a teammate.

chewyy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I can come to this and bring two friends, which means more people. ^_^
I might be late for the smashfest though. ='(

Because the Smashfest will go on until the wee hours of the night, and most (if not all) the players attending will be participating in the tournament the following day, attendees are invited to bring their SLEEPING BAGS with them. There is plenty of room for people to crash at my house and that will save you a trip back and forth the next day (assuming you are attending the Saturday tournament).
wait, does that mean people can't spend the night at the venue?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Joel is Just being Joel

I do the same thing

Welcome to MIchigan
What are you talking about?

Joel said I'm no good (which is true). You said you're the best Wario in the nation (which is unproven).

It's not the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom