• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTENTION ALL TOURNEY HOSTS - Ban Ledge Stalling

JFox

Smash Hero
Actually, I'd find Bowser hard pressed to get a wall bombing peach off the bottom of a wall.
Nope. Jump down, and forward B, grabbing her and suicide with her in ur claws. Sure u die, but was it possible to hit her? Yes. Does it put u at a disadvantage? **** straight. Obviously some are put at more of a disadvantage than others. But every character is at a disadvantage because of it.

Same with the ledge stall tho. Some characters might be able to do somethin about it more than others, right? But in general, its always in the stallers advantage.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nope. Jump down, and forward B, grabbing her and suicide with her in ur claws. Sure u die, but was it possible to hit her? Yes. Does it put u at a disadvantage? **** straight. Obviously some are put at more of a disadvantage than others. But every character is at a disadvantage because of it.

Same with the ledge stall tho. Some characters might be able to do somethin about it more than others, right? But in general, its always in Metaknight's advantage.
So you're saying we should ban Metaknight?

Alukard

Smash Hero
m2k i kno wat it means ... i'm just saying u can't talk about honor when u do wat u do ... which is camp ... u do it just as hard as anyone else ... theres nothing wrong with it imo ... thats wat happens when money is thrown into competition ... or a prize for that matter ... PEOPLE WILL DO WATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN! simple as that ... but u can't go around saying not to play the game its going to b really really annoying and stupid when u have people arguing about if the guy was camping or was just scared and tryin to think or w.e ... its just not the right way to solve things ... imo ... just play the game if its too annoying then dont play it at all because ur just going to end up banning everything anyway

Levi5

Smash Ace
Shutup mewtwoking. You weren't on survivor, what do you know about smash bros. for GCUBE

I don't have to listen to you.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
It's your own fault you can't prevent ledge-stalling mew2k. You were probably mewtoo busy camping mewto go do something about it.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
If you see someone who gets a % lead in a match and tries to win the match by stalling at the ledge, giving him a huge unfair advantage over his opponent, BAN IT. Even if you never saw this before, I am telling you from experience that it happens, and it's really ********. BAN IT. Make a rule so that they have to touch the ground at least once every 10 seconds from the point of which they grab the ledge, or an even better idea is to have the option of having a judge (like a tourney host or someone trustworthy, I recommend the tourney host) to be called over to the TV.
heh :laugh:

Deez.

Smash Lord
Wow this is so stupid. M2k didn't make the game. its not his fault that he picked MK and got good with him before everyone knew how good he actually was so banning MK is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. just because M2k is good with him its not his fault. OS lets say you played a Mk who wasn't good at all and you ***** him with your "ROB". and for about a good year no one actually got good with MK. would you still want him banned just because of his moveset? or you want him banned because M2k actually knows how to use him effectively. its not like M2k didn't **** in Melee. he picked characters he liked and made them good. so the point im trying to make is banning MK is just plain ********. sure his moveset is gay but we cant change that. thats how the creators of the game made him. do you honestly think they thought he was going to be the best in the game? F*ck No. so stop being so stupid and just play the **** game.

M@v

Subarashii!
excessively stalling of any kind is already banned in my December tourney....I would definitely call them out on this if I caught them doing this.

Skler

Smash Master
You can't possibly argue that a person CANNOT do anything about a wallbombing peach that is trying to stall. So why is it banned then? Because it puts someone in a disadvantage to try and attack someone who is in such a position. Yes u CAN attack them, but it would be to there advantage if u did, because they can easily kill u in such a position. Its the same idea here. You CAN do something about a person ledge stalling, but its not fair that you have to put urself at a disadvantage in order to do so.
As it was said, a lot of characters actually can't do anything about it. There's a pretty big difference between putting yourself at a disadvantage and having to suicide. Why not ban camping then? You get put at a disadvantage if you have to approach a grenade spamming Snake, so that should be banned too, right? Gaining an advantage from doing something doesn't mean it should be banned.

It's stalling if you can't be reached without losing a stock/getting *****. Every character can walk up to the edge and challenge metaknight there, it's just a matter of not getting hit while you do it. Peach can just wall bomb and you have to lose a stock to reach her. Big difference. Jiggly can rising pound and you can't reach her for an extended period of time.

I guess you need to define stalling. I've always defined stalling as being completely unable to be attacked for a long period of time (rising pound, IC freeze glitch, wobbles to a % above 250, wall bombing on most stages). Camping is sitting in a spot to force your opponent to approach you where you will have the advantage. These metaknights aren't stalling, they're camping.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
As it was said, a lot of characters actually can't do anything about it. There's a pretty big difference between putting yourself at a disadvantage and having to suicide. Why not ban camping then? You get put at a disadvantage if you have to approach a grenade spamming Snake, so that should be banned too, right? Gaining an advantage from doing something doesn't mean it should be banned.

It's stalling if you can't be reached without losing a stock/getting *****. Every character can walk up to the edge and challenge metaknight there, it's just a matter of not getting hit while you do it. Peach can just wall bomb and you have to lose a stock to reach her. Big difference. Jiggly can rising pound and you can't reach her for an extended period of time.

I guess you need to define stalling. I've always defined stalling as being completely unable to be attacked for a long period of time (rising pound, IC freeze glitch, wobbles to a % above 250, wall bombing on most stages). Camping is sitting in a spot to force your opponent to approach you where you will have the advantage. These metaknights aren't stalling, they're camping.
Perfect. Exactly right.

Why brawl sucks.

Sliq

Smash Master
Just so M2K's brain explodes, I agree with him.

Also, my camera REALLY did fuck up, and if you insult my integrity again I'll shit in your butt.

CO18

Smash Hero
This NEEDS to happen alot of people won matches like this at a tourney I went to yesterday which resulted in the other person picking mk and ledgecamping back.

People have suggested a No time limit to prevent this.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
People have suggested a No time limit to prevent this.
no time limit could make matches go well into 20 minutes since people would just camp until it's safe or until they get bored.

each format has its pros and cons but with no time limit the tournament could literally never end if people really want to camp like that

JFox

Smash Hero
Ok skler, lemme ask you something. How does a Ganondorf stop a sheik from planking all game? Isn't that equal to peach's wall bombing? If someone is good enough (and MANY people are perfect, I know sheiks that can infinitely stall the edge while the lava is up on brinstar) they are untouchable. Ganon has nothing that is fast enough to steal the ledge from sheik, so hes basically ****ed. So tell me how that is any different from a bowser not being able to reach peach while she wall bombs.

BTW, peach's wall bomb is MUCH more difficult to properly stall with for a long period of time that planking is. Its almost ineffective really, thats how hard it is. I won't go into why, but trust me its terrible.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ok skler, lemme ask you something. How does a Ganondorf stop a sheik from planking all game? Isn't that equal to peach's wall bombing? If someone is good enough (and MANY people are perfect, I know sheiks that can infinitely stall the edge while the lava is up on brinstar) they are untouchable. Ganon has nothing that is fast enough to steal the ledge from sheik, so hes basically ****ed. So tell me how that is any different from a bowser not being able to reach peach while she wall bombs.

BTW, peach's wall bomb is MUCH more difficult to properly stall with for a long period of time that planking is. Its almost ineffective really, thats how hard it is. I won't go into why, but trust me its terrible.
Jump over sheik and grab ledge.

JFox

Smash Hero
You get hit by her Up B attack before you can get low enough to grab the ledge.

...have u played super smash bros. melee?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
He probably hasn't. I love how so many people complain about certain things when they can't even get their facts straight. TheManaLord(and every other Melee-only scrub out there) needs to shut up about Brawl being a horrible game. Play Smash 64. Every complaint you have from Melee to Brawl is the same from 64 to Melee, so that must mean Melee is just as bad as Brawl. I've never heard of any of these people saying everyone needs to go back to Melee. Both Melee and Brawl are good games, you just need to learn to play them both better.

People who say that they are complaining about ledge stalling really need to play better people, or just people who are better at ledge stalling. This strategy gives certain characters no options that won't get them killed if they tried to beat it. M2k knows what he's talking about. This strategy needs to be banned or people need to have more honor and respect when playing.

What about the tether recovery rule, where characters can't regrab the ledge more than 3 times or even 5 times?

nevershootme

Smash Master
He probably hasn't. I love how so many people complain about certain things when they can't even get their facts straight. TheManaLord(and every other Melee-only scrub out there) needs to shut up about Brawl being a horrible game. Play Smash 64. Every complaint you have from Melee to Brawl is the same from 64 to Melee, so that must mean Melee is just as bad as Brawl. I've never heard of any of these people saying everyone needs to go back to Melee. Both Melee and Brawl are good games, you just need to learn to play them both better.

People who say that they are complaining about ledge stalling really need to play better people, or just people who are better at ledge stalling. This strategy gives certain characters no options that won't get them killed if they tried to beat it. M2k knows what he's talking about. This strategy needs to be banned or people need to have more honor and respect when playing.

What about the tether recovery rule, where characters can't regrab the ledge more than 3 times or even 5 times?

tether recovery is 3 times and you're dead (pretty much your fault). it resets after u touch the ground

Ryan-K

Smash Master
. Play Smash 64. Every complaint you have from Melee to Brawl is the same from 64 to Melee, so that must mean Melee is just as bad as Brawl.
wow lol

melee is more campy that 64 but you can still be aggressive in melee

you still have more freedom in playing melee than 64 in that you have way more options

melee didnt cut down on options, brawl did, stop spewing bs because you don't know what you're talking about.

Alukard

Smash Hero
if ledge stalling is really a big issue this game shouldn't b played competitively because people will just abuse it

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Wow this is so stupid. M2k didn't make the game. its not his fault that he picked MK and got good with him before everyone knew how good he actually was so banning MK is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. just because M2k is good with him its not his fault. OS lets say you played a Mk who wasn't good at all and you ***** him with your "ROB". and for about a good year no one actually got good with MK. would you still want him banned just because of his moveset? or you want him banned because M2k actually knows how to use him effectively. its not like M2k didn't **** in Melee. he picked characters he liked and made them good. so the point im trying to make is banning MK is just plain ********. sure his moveset is gay but we cant change that. thats how the creators of the game made him. do you honestly think they thought he was going to be the best in the game? F*ck No. so stop being so stupid and just play the **** game.
lol your post fails

part of skill in fighting games is being able to recognize the gayest chars in the crowd at first sight and make em come out the closet

so yea basically M2K ****s with MK cause MK is gay

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I think OS and M2K need to take breathers from Smashboards for like 2 weeks. You guys are great and all, but this argument over Meta has turned into a hate war.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
no way, i want then to have their own thread in the general brawl section

this war is way too good. it won't ever end, either.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
It'll end when either MK is gone from the smash scene due to banhammer, or OS is gone from the smash scene due to lack of banhammer ;)

Top Bottom