• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Skler about Link!

Skler

Smash Master
I don't think people would be using much during the tournament anyways. I can't imagine being able to do things well when my controller is sticky from the maple syrup. It would probably slow my reactions and make me mess up on things I can usually do.

I just like how Canada would be a major tourny kind of close to me.

Like VLS, Ohana and Cataclysm. I need more major tournaments within easy driving distance, THREE ISN'T ENOUGH!

Spife

Smash Master
I just like how Canada would be a major tourny kind of close to me.

Like VLS, Ohana and Cataclysm. I need more major tournaments within easy driving distance, THREE ISN'T ENOUGH!
This. This htis this this this. We need more major tournies pleese

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Dont worry Skler, the maple syruuup is only for the "after tourney" stuff ;).

thats when the real fun begins =D

but yeah, Canada sucks without IHop =(

hmm. I could host a tourney in Toronto around march break.

HiIH: i can't reach the maple tree either =(

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Dont worry Skler, the maple syruuup is only for the "after tourney" stuff ;).

thats when the real fun begins =D

but yeah, Canada sucks without IHop =(

hmm. I could host a tourney in Toronto around march break.

HiIH: i can't reach the maple tree either =(
Come on now Stos, Canada doesn't need an Ihop. All of our breakfast places are independently owned and therefore awesome. Heck, they even have their own special syrups.

The exception of course being Tim Hortons... I hate Tim Hortons. >.>

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
oh wow.

so i guess Link loves Ice Cream and Maple SyruuuuuuUUUPP!

seriously guys back on topic.

=D

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
oh wow.

so i guess Link loves Ice Cream and Maple SyruuuuuuUUUPP!

seriously guys back on topic.

so whats a good counter pick stage against fox ? he like, ***** in every stage :(
Yoshi story, FoD, or battlefield your choice. Every other stage just makes the matchup worse and worse. lol Only bad counterpick stages for Fox is mute city and somewhat brinstar and since Link's only good counterpick (from what I know) is rainbow cruise, Link doesn't have any in the hole counterpick. Fox is gay. :(

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yoshi story, FoD, or battlefield your choice. Every other stage just makes the matchup worse and worse. lol Only bad counterpick stages for Fox is mute city and somewhat brinstar and since Link's only good counterpick (from what I know) is rainbow cruise, Link doesn't have any in the hole counterpick. Fox is gay. :(
yeah.
its funny, Yoshis,FoD and BF are the stages that has something gay. =( Yoshis, your always near an edge, FoD, the platforms are gay and BF, recovering is gay. Believe it or not, I go FD against Fox.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Timmie's is da freakin' BOMB. Dunno what you're talking about. :]
I hate coffee.

That makes it hard to like Timmies, because the only thing they do RIGHT is coffee.

Their hot chocolate sucks.
Their milk is always off.
Their soup sucks.
I hate the chili.
The donuts started sucking after they started freeze-drying everything.
The Timbits suck unless you re-deep-fry them.

Their sandwiches are decent I guess...

soap

Smash Hero
I hate coffee.

That makes it hard to like Timmies, because the only thing they do RIGHT is coffee.

Their hot chocolate sucks.
Their milk is always off.
Their soup sucks.
I hate the chili.
The donuts started sucking after they started freeze-drying everything.
The Timbits suck unless you re-deep-fry them.

Their sandwiches are decent I guess...
i like the egg salad and a donut...

canadian restaurants are so good whats the problem, i havent been there in like five years though so iono

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
i like the egg salad and a donut...

canadian restaurants are so good whats the problem, i havent been there in like five years though so iono
Canadian restaurants are awesome, I've been to States a few time and I've never been impressed...

But, Tim Horton's over the last 5ish years has slowly become so corporate that its food is taking a hit as well. First it was the donuts, they started to freeze dry them instead of baking fresh everyday. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Then it was the bread... I think they started ordering it pre-baked. Then the milk started not being consistently cold... which is a major piss off when you love milk like I do. Then the hot chocolate became a lot less rich... I think the portion of milk was reduced.

In other words, lots a little shortcuts on the food has become noticeable. However, Canadians are so addicted to the coffee that Tim Horton's is practically invincible.

Anywhere else is fine, but Timmie's has gone down the hole. =(

ON TOPIC:
Skyler, how much do you like doing projectile combos? Do you find them practical in any form? If so, which ones, and how do you best set them up?

Skler

Smash Master
Skler has very little experience with Canadian restaurants.

Edit: Do you mean combos only using projectiles or comboing off projectiles? I try to combo off every projectile I can. Projectile combos are really only effective against floaties though, because they get sent high enough to get put into a bad position. Fox and Falco usually just hit the ground and don't get stunned long enough.

I try to end some combos with projectiles if they're too far away, but that's about as far as I go for comboing with projectiles aside from starting the combo.

Projectile combos just sort of happen when they happen, I don't really look for them specifically but if I think it's the right choice I'll do it. Just try and combo with whatever move seems best, projectile or not.

Skler

Smash Master
If you have time to charge the bow you have time to use a better move. The bow is only useful as an edgeguard and to confuse the opponent because nobody uses the bow. I mean, charging the bow fully takes longer than doing a dair, and the dair not only does more damage but it also KOs. The bow doesn't even combo into anything unless it was SHed, and it's too risky of a move to SH at people.

I guess I've done returning boomerang to bomb a lot, but that's because if a returning boomerang hits somebody I just use the fastest attack available at the time. The bomb throw takes roughly -3 frames.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I tend to use SH bows to finish my projectile combos, but you guys are right. I COULD land a F-air or D-air fairly easily out of these combos, but I'm such a cautious player, I usually don't. Its definitely an area of improvement for me.

soap

Smash Hero
bow has got style i guess, my friend used to snipe me out of illusions like 90% with arrows then nair me

Top Bottom