• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask KirbyKaze sheik questions (better than mango's)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Are you talking about instantly transforming Sheik to Zelda/to Sheik? If so, that's a joke vid with super characters using ar and it's not possible lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, unfortunately I was serious. Sorry for bringing your high down, mang. :(

Just out of curiousity, how did you think you were going to try and practice it?

KK, it's not a legit combo. :( M2K still pulled it off once though. :D

Which of these places are the worst places to play vs Fox (in order)? Green Greens, Mute City, Pokefloats, and Corneria. :( I think it's from worst to best(best still being bad): Pokefloats, Green Greens, Corneria, Mute City.

Also, is Jungle Japes good vs Fox? I like it vs Falco, but haven't tried it vs Fox. I haven't really decided a good counterpick for vs Fox if they ban Battlefield (FoD still doesn't work for me but I choose it anyways because it's neutral, maybe slight slight advantage for Sheik, plus most Foxes hate it there... unless you're Cactuar's Fox).

4% APR

Smash Champion
Ok so he can't grab me, what do i do after I hit his shield with the bair? Just run?

soap

Smash Hero
Ok so he can't grab me, what do i do after I hit his shield with the bair? Just run?
if u do it really late with the strong part you have some frame advantage i believe. U could turn around and ftilt to keep pressure. or do a quick dash dance grab/dash attack. sometimes i throw out an instant bair over the shield to keep them from jumping. or just sh and shffl again all dai.

spacing bairs on shields puts u in good position but the followups are situational. You'll have to take notice of their bad habits out of shield. Sheik can't just nair shine all day

soap

Smash Hero
After u cut off their jumps effectively oos, people resort to rolling or wavedashing away. look for this opening to boost grab them.

Wari

Smash Cadet
but if u bair fox... and he has a his shield, he can Upsmash u, doesnt he?

aquanesia

Smash Cadet
hey.. does anybody have stats on when you can generally connect a f-tilt to f-air on various characters and their falling speeds? i feel like i never know when i'm messing up the combo and when i'm just futilely trying . if you have percents for dash and d-tilt, that'd be cool too.
edit: i don't play people who di too well, if that matters

One Word Extinguisher

Smash Apprentice
but if u bair fox... and he has a his shield, he can Upsmash u, doesnt he?
No. You can land and just fox trot away, similar to how Marth can fair the middle of someone shield and dash away before they can respond

aquanesia: experience. If they DI the ftilt fully away at higher percentages (say 80% and on) you cannot fair. But most people don't DI her tilts properly (even pros) because they come out so quickly. It's experience to know when you can hit with it and when you can't; it's ingrained in my gameplay, I just know it intuitively. Just try it and you'll learn -- if you're paying attention.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
how do i get out of a fox waveshining me

ive been trying to sdi away and buffering a roll but i'm not too sure if it works.

So i have just been waiting for him to mess up

is there another way

soap

Smash Hero
i just hold away and try to jab/sidestep out most of the time, or hold down and buffer forward roll.

I hate playing foxes that actually know how to waveshine consistently and react to all your DI's and crouch cancel shortenings.

One Word Extinguisher

Smash Apprentice
you have to smash DI the waveshine down and away

mango said if you do this it works and i believe him of course so i have been trying to train myself to do this on reaction

i wouldn't buffer a roll or spot dodge cause that's so easily punishable, i'd probably spam an utilt

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't believe that. If Fox is perfectly waveshining, he can get you. I have tried down and away, I've only tried mixing up sdi'ing in and away/only in/only away to **** up their spacing on it. I'll have to try it out and then I'll see how it works out. Sounds interesting though.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll try it and get back to the thread if it works/doesn't work. Smash di'ing down and away sounds pretty smart. All I know is smash di'ing away all the time doesn't work, because eventually they realize that Sheik is going too far.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That's it, I'm pm'ing Magus... I just forgot Magus doesn't know too much about Sheik lol. Just general smash knowledge/mucho Ganon info.

I'm so close to having all the parts I need for my capture card to work.

Edit: I have everything for recording, I just have to wait for my power cable for my laptop to come in since my other power cable broke. :( I also don't have the mic, but I don't need that for recording lol.

One Word Extinguisher

Smash Apprentice
yeah but you can adjust for every way they waveshine

obviously fox has the control if it does it textbook perfectly, but if he wavedashes further to get you then you can smash DI in more so if he wavedashes that far again he goes past you

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Let's discuss mice ^___^

And how they're adorable and we love to hug them ^___^

Over and over and over again ^___^

And then we slap them and they die :D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't like it when mice hug back/poop on you(waveshine). :(

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Then who's the mouse? Pikachu!?!?! xDDDD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
thunder>wavedash is the scariest combo ever. You guys don't even understand.

soap

Smash Hero
hey KK

COOL TRICK:

so like u r under the edge of platform on yoshis in position to sh needle cancel on the plat into a number of things. But the spacing is wrong for a needle, but right for a nair.

sh nair, drift forward edgecancel. It is so easy to do from this position.

Top Bottom