• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
stalling, jolts, 2nd jump on wl off and you could do something with that 2nd jump like jolt up-B back on the edge or canel the lag of up-B on a platform. also WL to buffer roll/spotdodge or d-tilt would be nice.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I personally like to just waveland on the stage. If you do it fast enough, you can keep your invincibility long enough to perform another move while still invincible. So you can do something like waveland -> Ftilt, waveland -> shield, waveland -> Dsmash, waveland -> dash, etc.

Doing ledgehop -> thunderjolt works too, but sometimes your opponent will hit through it and you'll get punished, so this one's kinda risky but it works sometimes.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Against pretty much any character, if my opponent is standing next to the edge trying to space and stuff, I love to quick attack past them and sweetspot the edge, then ledgehop -> Uair. It surprisingly works a lot, and it looks really cool imo :) ICG, you're essentially talking about the same thing, except only after you powershield a laser. I'm sure that's gotta be way awesome!

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
Hola! Mi Pikamigos, been a while.
Whats everyones opinions on options from the ledge when the guys is close enought to attack, but not close enough for me to ledgehop uair?
If you watch AXE vids, he uses alot of Ftilts but it depends on matchups so against who exactly

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I think he means "while Pikachu is on the ledge" Reptar... >> If Pikachu had a move like Ftilt while holding the ledge... i'd quit melee.. ><;

j/k

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Against pretty much any character, if my opponent is standing next to the edge trying to space and stuff, I love to quick attack past them and sweetspot the edge, then ledgehop -> Uair. It surprisingly works a lot, and it looks really cool imo :) ICG, you're essentially talking about the same thing, except only after you powershield a laser. I'm sure that's gotta be way awesome!
You have no idea man. think about it. if pichu powersheilds a laser when he's backed in the corner he can escape with up-B and stiwch it around (depending on closeness of falco) heck as long as they don't laser right away again up-B is pretty d*** safe even if you missed the powersheild. it ruins falco's laser spacing and makes that much more unsafe to laser. plus pichu has a greater approach cause up-b has no lag for him.

I also got my first solid 0-death combo as falco the other day sexy shine dair shine dair up-tilt up-smash charged f-smash. falco dittos. I play a lot of falco right now so party where the idea came from

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Ughh. Axe, how are you so good against Fox? He outprioritizes Pikachu easily. I try to get him in the air, but it's haaaard.

Also, I feel like everytime I d-smash, my opponent is ready for it. How can I work on being unpredictable? :)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
stop approaching so much, if you're getting outpriotized all the time that's the problem. also pikachu's range isn't to bad compared to fox's

if you wanted you could break it down and make it simple and play souly to win. I haven't mastered the match-up as pichu so I don't want to put down my take on fox other than he's harder to fight than falco.

N64

Smash Champion
Fox is a jerk. Usually you don't want to try to beat his moves, he'll usually win. Use nairs sparingly to chip away at him and give him a sense of urgency to hit you, then try to bait something as best you can and punish it. Empty sh -> waveland back can be nice to bait usmashes and grabs, then you can run up and grab him in the lag. Or get him to sh nair towards you, and you can run away rising nair. Try to convince fox that he has to approach, and then predict and punish his approach. It isn't easy at all but it's probably your best bet.

And once you do catch him, you have to do your absolute best to not let him go, because you won't get that many chances.

soju

SD God
If you watch AXE vids, he uses alot of Ftilts but it depends on matchups so against who exactly
bah that foo is overrated :awesome:
Ughh. Axe, how are you so good against Fox? He outprioritizes Pikachu easily. I try to get him in the air, but it's haaaard.

Also, I feel like everytime I d-smash, my opponent is ready for it. How can I work on being unpredictable? :)
being unpredictable basically means your opponent doesnt know whats coming next, so when your opponent thinks your gonna do something, do something else, but don't do anything random that probably won't work. Ex) Fox charges at you and predicts your gonna do a dsmash since you always do that when he charges, so he shields when he reaches you, instead of d-smashing you grab him with your tiny arms :3 mindgames son!

All I'm saying in a complicated way is just to experiment with different things and that being unpredictable means that you also have to predict ^^

P.S. rising uairs are amazing at making fox pop up :3

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Yea rising uairs are pretty spammable, but since I suck I somehow manage to get punished for using them.

Hopefully I'll get it down. If not, I may post videos to see what you guys think.

soju

SD God
man, i want to play ya n64 =w= i want to see some of that old school pika, so go to genesis 2 :B and we can have a pika bash with axe :D

. . .and i gotz dibs on some of that funky kong

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
i'm going to become the cranky kong of pikas

back in my day we didn't have quick attack ATs
Someone told me you were at ROM and I looked for you so we could play but I did not know what you looked like :(

this always happens to me with Pikas. I never know what anyone looks like.

If you are a pika and you go to a big tournament please come up and play me. I will probably be wearing black and I have a really big dragon tattoo on my arm. Also I am really short. And I have brown hair :)

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Someone told me you were at ROM and I looked for you so we could play but I did not know what you looked like :(

this always happens to me with Pikas. I never know what anyone looks like.

If you are a pika and you go to a big tournament please come up and play me. I will probably be wearing black and I have a really big dragon tattoo on my arm. Also I am really short. And I have brown hair :)
When I go to a tourney, I usually wear a cap that says "D. Disciple" on it. If you're at Pound, I'll gladly pay you.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
There was an 85ish year old dude with a giant stuffed Pikachu in his house.
I was working on stuff in his basement, walked up the stairs, and burst out "PIKAAAA" and pointed at it...
It was so cool...
He laughed and I told him it was awesome...he said his daughter brought it over one day...
Too good...

soju

SD God
Your avatar is amazing lol.

Maybe there shouldn't be a DK. He's already his own character in Melee
Thx, I thought that if I had a picture of myself in a pika outfit it would be too sexy for the boards so I got this one. :]

Don't make me sick Rambi on you.
>3> bring it :D

Yes I will hopefully be at Pound :) I will look for the D. Disciple cap sir.

See, I love Pikachu dittos and I want to play them.
Bah go to the west coast, we have pika shenanigans over here even though the only pika players around here that I know of are me, Axe, Festizzio(?), and a few pikanoobs i play with occasionally :] itll be like a super small but awesome pika party :awesome:

. . . well we arent close to each other but we can still party West Coast style in our minds :3

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Ooooh a pika party sounds great :)
I live so far away from WC :/
but I may be going to Genesis! If I find a couple hundred bucks by then.

No one here plays Pikachu :( I have a couple people playing her for fun though.

:pika:

Top Bottom