• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
It's a reaction. Once you get a handle on recovering you should be able to tell when someone is going to edgehog you and when they'll stay on the stage and do something else.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
falco uses side-B I use side-B it's funny the move lasts longer than it should and beats nearly everything not disjointed which doesn't make sence if you look at the hit box

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
My friend is a new pika play, im a ganon and hes having trouble not getting 4 stocked.... and general tips... for pika also trying to start to get him to L-cancel

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Tell him to camp more or at least play more defensively. Pikachu should not be trading hits with ganon for obvious reasons. I mean the point is not to get hit against ganon in the first place is it not?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Fighting pikachu is mad fun. Well at at least for pichu. any form of wall is fun to fight as pichu other than maybe extreme projectile walls.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Do Pika have any screaming weaknesses against shiek (in PAL, so no chainthrow), like guarantied techase or something against him?
Otherwise I´ll probably go pika against shieks in a few stages (YS for example), making more fun matches and probably easier too lol.

N64

Smash Champion
I don't know of all the PAL changes to sheik, but she should still cleanly beat pikachu. Her tilts put a lot of pressure on him, needles can slow you down and set up grabs, and while it doesn't sound like grabs are as painful, she can still probably get at least a techchase out of it (or force you to jump where she can try to follow up with dash fair or something). The matchup is bad even without chainthrow, even without dthrow (though it probably gets considerably better without either of those).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
don't tech, jump only reason why his(pika) tech chase works on most people.

No nearly everyone grab ***** pikachu sheik's needles and tilts and forced approach f*** him up the most and the fact sheik won't play your DD game. However mix-ups are where it's at trick sheik into thinking you're going to use nair, 2nd jump jolt and DD d-tilt is nice. harder than marth because sheik feels safer/more pressureing less laughing at them for attacking a sheild.

but overall you combo **** sheik harder worse when hit I think.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Why do you spam our boards : ( what do want from us a cookie or something I can't take it anymore hi there : D
oops i just wanted to be a part of the pika community and i wasnt sure if anyone read the other thread =.= i wont spam anymore sorry

on another note moonwalking with pika is hard (actual moonwalk, not u-turning) but i suck at moonwalking

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I suspected that the tech could be a problem, I guess I´ll have to check % when it´s possible to jump out of that :/

So the tilts outprioritices pikas (I guess by range), but the fsmash still outprioritices her tilts right?

About the DJ to thunderjolt, I understand that it works, but what am I making the shiekplayer think and react to try to do(shield nair?)?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pikachu has decent sheild pressure nair through to upairs/poivt grab and I know pichu can duck under sheik's bairs maybe pikachu can too. But if sheik trys to f-tilt sheik will get hit by a jolt if sheik sheilds you aren't punished and you can decently mess with sheik's sheid also DD d-tilt is good too.

pity pikachu's up-B isn't as useful as pichu's esle he may be able to double fake out sheik 2nd to up-B spot-dodge : P.

but most people don't know when to jump out the best way to find out is to start tech chasing level 9s

F-smash can't clank and beats needles so yeah unless sheik can outrange it nothing beats it.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
What are Pika's best options from the edge? I try Fairing people, but it usually gets shielded or there isn't enough hit stun for anything to follow up, which usually leads to me being grabbed.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
The hitbox changes over time, not in different areas of the body. So if it sends the opponent forward, the tail will be near the end of its rotation, so when the tail is right above him to about an eighth of a rotation in front is where that would happen.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
You can link youtube times with a simple code

After the full link, type this

#t=

Then the number of the minute (2 for 2 minutes)
and m
Then the number of the second (55 for that)
and s

#t=2m55s

Just say #t= over and over a few times. Then you'll probably remember, the rest is a given

NUMBER TEE EQUALS
NUMBER TEE EQUALS
NUMBER TEE (TEE IS A NUMBER?) EQUALS (EQUALS WHAT?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWAEr5fsXCc#t=2m55s

It's pretty handy, hope that helped. lol

PS: Just test out Uair spiking CPU Foxes or something over and over, then Falcons, etc.

I just got it naturally through playing people and being really mean. LOL

My Uair game is the only reason I win. :)

Incronaut

Smash Ace
can someone give me tips or something to moonwalking with pikachu.. i cant seem to get it down.. i can do it with falcon O_O

AXE 09

Smash Master
Oh shoot, you're right. Wow my memory sux lol.

We actually went 1-1 on Doc vs Pikachu. Both of those matches went to the last stock.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
what part of the tail spike makes it spike? i didnt really understand the frame-by-frame thing, is it when that red part is facing the trajectory i want my opponent to go?

is there like a more practical way of knowing which part of the tail spike is going to make it spike? i always send them upwards...

Top Bottom