• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

Publix

Smash Apprentice
thanks assheads. way to ruin my fun. i'm just kidding i dungive a dang about your negative opinnions.

in all seiousness, i wouldn't use it in a tourny. it could be fun in friendlies, and scare the hell out of those pit players that chill under the stage all day. If i don't suicide in friendlies then i might incorporate it in a tourney. I'll try and make a combo vid this summer and maybe have a useful way of using it in it. regardless its going to be in a vid soon. Now that i opened pandora's box

Also, you really can't attack underneath the stage.

If you F-Air, you have the risk of lag to worry about, and F-Air seems like the only move worth using underneath the stage imo.
I haven't tried it with an aerial yet, but N-air might be practical.

We can go under Battlefield, so on stages like Smashville, and the beggining of Frigate are safely gone under. kinda.

Noa.

Smash Master
I'm not trying to be negative. It's just that I don't see too useful of a prospect from it yet. Other chatcters can do it better, and even they don't find it too useful.

If you do find some use for it, be sure that I'll be open to ideas.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
it is all good in the hood.
It should be good in the hood. A lot of people don't think it could but that just means the hood is misunderstood. I think if people would just stop by the hood on their way to buy wood and see what they could do, the hood would be better understood.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Publix

Smash Apprentice
On a more serious note, anybody have a use for Chef?

I only find it useful to get your opponent "trapped" for a Smash attack.
i use it if someone is ledge camping or if they are trying to get back on stage sometimes.

If the other guy isn't approaching sometimes i chef at the distance to where it would only hit them if i get the longest ranged meat. it should be a safe distance.

Noa.

Smash Master
I use it to apply pressure at times. While a bacon or two are flying at them, I follow with bair.

It does nice shield pressure and sometimes sets them up for a grab or smash.

Also, if the oponnent is recovering from below I'll use it.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I sometimes like edge-guarding with a D-Smash if they're grabbing the ledge below (i.e Marth, Space Animals, etc.)

But they have to be really stupid to fall for a charged D-Smash :laugh:

foofatron

Smash Cadet
How do you punish people for spamming and bad move combos? When I try to grab I usually get hit. I don't get how I get hit when I walk (or run), try to grab, and get hit by a lame attack after last spam. Usually I air dodge or I use bair sometimes. I'm tired of getting damage racked up from predictable moves, I can never seem to fully dodge a lot of them or rack up damage from their excessive use. Are there any combos you recommend? Like if their dash spamming with kirby or whatever.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, losing to a G&W that was worse than me as Dedede made me realize today that I need to learn G&W dittos. :( Anyone have any advice?

I'm not trying to be cocky, by the way, this guy just wasn't very good. He stayed on the ground a lot, rarely used aerials, and he didn't really seem to know the Dedede matchup that well. I was careless and got really sloppy and lost anyway though. :(

Guys, losing to a G&W that was worse than me as Dedede made me realize today that I need to learn G&W dittos. :( Anyone have any advice?

I'm not trying to be cocky, by the way, this guy just wasn't very good. He stayed on the ground a lot, rarely used aerials, and he didn't really seem to know the Dedede matchup that well. I was careless and got really sloppy and lost anyway though. :(
With G&W dittos, it's more of who plays patiently imo. In other words, if you make the first move, you lose. G&W's F-Smash messes G&W easily. I also like how the hit-boxes from the F-Smash lingers, so abuse that. Or, just go Marth or Snake, a G&W ditto is stupid in it's own right.

How do you punish people for spamming and bad move combos? When I try to grab I usually get hit. I don't get how I get hit when I walk (or run), try to grab, and get hit by a lame attack after last spam. Usually I air dodge or I use bair sometimes. I'm tired of getting damage racked up from predictable moves, I can never seem to fully dodge a lot of them or rack up damage from their excessive use. Are there any combos you recommend? Like if their dash spamming with kirby or whatever.
You can try avoiding completly with Up-B, or abuse F-Smash.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W dittos are easily the most gay of all matchups in Brawl. Along with something like Marth dittos. I do not understand why Hylian and DMG like this matchup.

G&W's B-air counters himself. HARD. If you do ANYTHING and G&W spaces a B-air, you lose. It's stupid.

There is basically one "counter" to the B-air if he does not fully retreat. D-air. And if he predicts that, you get punished by Up-B, N-air, or other nonsense.

Your Smashes are near useless in this matchup since none of them beat his B-air. They only work if he does something dumb like get shieldgrabbed, roll a lot, or if his spacing is actually bad enough that his attack ends when you smash comes out.

The only "real" way you can get a KO in G&W dittos is F-airing offstage or on the misspace.

Seriously...never play this matchup. Choose ANYONE ELSE if your opponent is using G&W. Something like G&W vs Ganondorf is like a million times more fun than G&W dittos. Or of course Ganon dittos are more fun than anything else haha.

Noa.

Smash Master
Just shield them when they try to attack you. They probably have horrible spacing, so you should be able to shield grab.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
If they space really terrible with bair, you can shieldgrab. I think if you perfect shield you can shieldgrab the turtle too.

Oh and dthrow -> fsmash if the GW you're facing doesn't know how to tech or hold the other way.

Nair almost always beats the key, and first few frames of upB goes through dair.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You know what, after hearing about how gay it is (and I'm sure it's not as bad as you guys say...try playing Dedede dittos and then get back to me), I think I'll just use Metaknight. Thanks anyway though.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think GW dittos aren't that bad. I actually think Marth dittos are hella fun too.

foofatron

Smash Cadet
When you up throw what do you recommend doing? I usually like to use uair, but it misses quit a bit and could be dodged. Nair can be air dodged and then they'd reach the ground. If they're known to air dodge what should I do? If they just DI? What would u recommend when they land? Usmash? dtilt?

Noa.

Smash Master
When they're above you, they usually have three options; airdodge, aerial, or just falling away from you.

If they are prone to airdodging, start baiting them and attack after they airdodge. Airdodges leave opponents very vulnerable and they often become predictable.

If they do an aerial, use your uair to send them back up. You could possibly outprioritize them. Parachute may work as well.

If they try to land away from you, try to follow them with uair. If they're too fast, you should be able to shorthop fair or any other aerial. You could also go for the usmash.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
^ Very good advice. Sometimes if you wanna mix it up, uair them a few times then go under them and do a running usmash like what Draconoa said. It actually works quite a few times.

Zerosyko

Smash Cadet
I just started a match with a friend....He used a Judgement lvl 9, used a 5, then used a 9. I have a replay, but no capture device. So.....I thought the rule was that there were two other numbers in between the same number?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I just started a match with a friend....He used a Judgement lvl 9, used a 5, then used a 9. I have a replay, but no capture device. So.....I thought the rule was that there were two other numbers in between the same number?
It's true. So far there have been no reports of a number appearing again in the next two throws. If you want, upload your replay to www.fileshaker.com or PM me your email and I'll check it out for you.

It's just simply random, and you can't get the same numbar twice.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
???

Next two throws?

Ok ok wait. So let's say I throw out a 5 hammer. I do it again and I get a 7, 4, blah blah blah. Now I use it again and get the 5 hammer again.

I've done this before too Zac. I must have misinterpreted people saying the next two throws as meaning the next consecutive throw.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Just to clarify. I define the word "throw" as using Side-B.

1 possible scenario:
You "throw" a 9. (The next "throw" cannot be a 9)
You "throw" a 5. (The next "throw" still cannot be a 9)
You "throw" a 7. (The next "throw" NOW can be a 9)
You "throw" a 4. (The next "throw" can still be a 9)

1 impossible scenario:
You "throw" 9,
then a 4,
then a 9,
then another 9,
then a 3,
then a 4,
then a 9.

Also note the very first time you throw a number, it cannot be a 1. The second time you throw a number, it also cannot be a 1. So if you only using Side-B twice per game, you'll never get a 1 and never damage yourself for 12%.

Noa.

Smash Master
I downloaded the replay onto my SD card and have now seen it. Kinda.

When I click to see the replay, my wii freezes.

You or your friend were probably playing with hacks, which is why you got two nines.

Zerosyko

Smash Cadet
The ONLY hacks I have on are texture hacks, which don't affect replays. I'd get your Wii looked at :/ Or redownload it.

Noa.

Smash Master
I myself do use hacks, so I know how they work and such. I use texture hacks, replay hacks and stage music hacks (<3 UTD_Zac's stage music editor!).

Meh, it didn't work for me, but maybe it'll work for someone else.

Top Bottom