• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Back to the point of this thread. How do I fight Oli and Lucario? I don't have a lot of MU experience vs either and I'm afraid of what'll happen if I come across one.
Pffft, Oli is a strange guy to fight.

You can outcamp him but it's hard, and sometimes I feel like even though I'm outcamping him he's still winning.
Jab is **** in this match-up.
Olimar must approach, you can punish pretty much all his aerials with jcus oos.
Watch out for his nair, watch out for his dthrow combos, never run after an olimar (pivot grab). Jab is just sex here. remove pikmanz with nair

Lucario
we just discussed this, I'm sure you can find the discussion with the search function. up close jab, on range laser. watch out with phantasm.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Back to the point of this thread. How do I fight Oli and Lucario? I don't have a lot of MU experience vs either and I'm afraid of what'll happen if I come across one.
I play against some of the best Olimars at my local tournies. Olimar is strongest on the ground. His grabs are ridiculous and his camping skills are pretty good. Just know the range of his pikmin so you can laser camp to the maximum. Never shield or land in front of him, it'll just end up in a grab.

I think phantasm is key in the matchup. Falco has aerial superiority and any chance of plopping Olimar in the air is important. CG to spike works well, but some they can meteor cancel if they weren't spiked around 40%. Nair is important to get pikmin off of you.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Lucario
we just discussed this, I'm sure you can find the discussion with the search function. up close jab, on range laser. watch out with phantasm.
This is legit info

I think phantasm is key in the matchup. Falco has aerial superiority and any chance of plopping Olimar in the air is important. CG to spike works well, but some they can meteor cancel if they weren't spiked around 40%. Nair is important to get pikmin off of you.
Yellow pikmin Usmash can go through phantasm, and Nair and Utilt of Olimar also goes through it, use it sparingly/unpredictably OR ELSE

Olimar can DI up out of chain grab pretty early

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yellow pikmin Usmash can go through phantasm, and Nair and Utilt of Olimar also goes through it, use it sparingly/unpredictably OR ELSE

Olimar can DI up out of chain grab pretty early
We have 0-27 and dair on him iirc.
If started later probably till 18 or summit.

To continue the trend of asking questions, what were our options on ness grab releasing again?

llBluBll

Smash Cadet
Sliding Dacus works on Ness and Lucas after Air-Release.
(Also works on: Meta Knight, Donkey Kong, Squirtle and Charizard)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
hey i'm new to falco, just wanna know what control settings do you guys use to incorporate DACUS, IAP and Boost Pivot Grab
DACUS I use L for attack, attack slides farther then grab.
IAP I use X for special, you can use one of your unused jump buttons for it
and boost pivot I do with normal controls

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
DACUS use R for attack, Gatling just flick c-stick down then up, I use Z to jump so IAPs are no problem for me, boost pivot I use L (shield) to do the grab.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
Ok so what's the combo on Lucario? I've seen people do dthrow->dthrow->spike->dthrow->spike (repeat ad nauseum). Do I need to pivot or is there a way to control my movement before and during the spike to be in position for a regrab?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Of my 3 chars I feel comfertable using, Falco is my best against Snakes. I still have trouble fighting very good ones. If he is crawling, how should i approach camping him if my lasers won't hit?

Any other tips on this MU would really help! Thanks.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Of my 3 chars I feel comfertable using, Falco is my best against Snakes. I still have trouble fighting very good ones. If he is crawling, how should i approach camping him if my lasers won't hit?

Any other tips on this MU would really help! Thanks.
IAP, play around with SH Airdodges, and just mixing/mindgaming with lasers.

My opinion at least, since I honestly think I know the Snake matchup like the front of my ****. :D

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
IAP, play around with SH Airdodges, and just mixing/mindgaming with lasers.

My opinion at least, since I honestly think I know the Snake matchup like the front of my ****. :D
He said "approach camping." Oxymoron >_>

Anyways, if you need to know how to camp a crouching Snake, the answer is just stand there. A lot of people feel compelled to do ledge dropped lasers or Phantasm, but really, if you're trying to camp you can just stay still and go make a peanut butter jelly sandwich. He's on his belly. He can do 4 things: crawl forward, crawl backward, stand up, Dtilt; not really menacing in any sense.

If you're trying to approach a prone Snake, well his blind side is above and behind him. You can go for a Phatasm if you'd like, but it's possible for him to beat it out with his Dtilt. Short Hop aerial would probably be the way to go, but keep in mind that if he sees it coming, he can just get up and shield or Utilt or whatever.

Maybe downward Ftilt or Fsmash. Not sure if his Dtilt has better range though.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Be careful with your IAP and make sure you space them correctly. A suspecting prone Snake can easily, shield phantasm and punish your IAP with a turn around Ftilt or Utilt.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Good luck with that. When in doubt laser camp! hihi.
You gonna post moar?
Probably; I've been working so much that I never got to play and so the more I was on Smashboards the harder it was to walk away from the game. But now that school's in session, I can play Brawl on Thursdays.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Please explain your 'bread,' and why you don't like to share it.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
So I've read all over that aerials don't clash, and that its either both characters are hit or one is hit, with the one with the stronger/faster one beating out the slower one, but I've clashed with Metaknights glide attack at least 20 times with bair before where neither of us take damage and the attacks cancel out. Tell me how

SuSa

Banned via Administration
A glide attack has transcendent priority, which means it technically has "Infinite, but limited" priority.

It will clank with any hitbox.
ANY hitbox.

So nothing out prioritizes it, but it doesn't out prioritize anything either.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
A glide attack has transcendent priority, which means it technically has "Infinite, but limited" priority.

It will clank with any hitbox.
ANY hitbox.

So nothing out prioritizes it, but it doesn't out prioritize anything either.
ohh gotcha, I knew that it had that kind of priority, but I didn't know about the 'limited' part, only the 'infinite' lol

Is there a list of all the moves that have transcendent property?
=Metaknight's Sword

Top Bottom