• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Coming from a URC member (aka someone who listens to people ***** about stages) , like 80% of people who say a stage is bad either:

1. Do not know the stage. Playing on it a few times during tournament doesn't count ad knowing it.

2. Know their character is hindered there and is unable to keep character bias out of their argument.

3. Aren't very smart to begin with.

Sometimes...more than one of these hold true for the same person.
Talking about stages in a character Q&A thread should be full of bias and I'm not correcting you to hear myself type. I don't want people reading it and then counterpicking Snake to Brinstar in tournament.

Outside of the ditto and a select few other situations (I had to in a MM last weekend) Brinstar is a bad stage for Falco. In the ditto, it's still a bad stage for Falco, but it's a worse stage for a Falco who isn't comfortable there.

Now go legalize Norfair and Japes.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm referring to just discussing how competitive a stage is in general.

Discussing for a specific MU is a completely different ballgame. At that point, your using evidence as well as opinions to discuss why you would want to go to/ban a stage. And that's cool. I think Xeylode was referring to a general viewpoint and that's the context I replied in.

And LOL at that last statement. Dat bias.

:falco:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm referring to just discussing how competitive a stage is in general.

Discussing for a specific MU is a completely different ballgame. At that point, your using evidence as well as opinions to discuss why you would want to go to/ban a stage. And that's cool. I think Xeylode was referring to a general viewpoint and that's the context I replied in.

And LOL at that last statement. Dat bias.

:falco:
Nah brah, I want Onett and YI:pipes as well, but I want to push for the easier stuff.

Get out of our qusestion and answer thread.

Alright, suppose there is a 2x2 matrix denoted by A.
And I is the identity matrix.

How can I proof that:
{A^4, A^3, A^2, A, I} are a linearly dependent set of vectors?

99% of people don't math either.
And I got my question figured out. Use dimension argument. A belongs to dim 4 vector space while span{A^4, A^3, A^2, A, I} makes up a dim 5 subspace which implies its linearly dependent.

Well, I suppose a proper falco qusestion would be how do you focus on your opponent? Do you focus on them only and no matter what, you only focus on them. Or do you focus on the space between your characters, or more focus on yourself?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVPTToro5eI&list=UUX5QdicNYzH8wAWN79OulTw&index=20&feature=plcp

Ok, i think this is the right thread for this lol.

Can someone give me some tips on how i can do better in this mu. It's Marth vs Falco.
K9 you are getting better and better as a player. I enjoy watching your vids. good stuff.

Some things i noticed:

you need to apply more pressure to marth when he is recovering, believe it or not his recovery is over rated.

Your punishes were off. Marth got away with more then enough stuff in that set. Work on your oos nairs and bairs to punish marths cross ups or poor spacing. Dont try to shield grab marth on reaction its a trap. If you force him to space a move on your shield poorly then take the grab or oss up smash if at kill %.

One last thing and this goes for a ton of falcos CAMP MORE.
Our character is really ****ing good at it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVPTToro5eI&list=UUX5QdicNYzH8wAWN79OulTw&index=20&feature=plcp

Ok, i think this is the right thread for this lol.

Can someone give me some tips on how i can do better in this mu. It's Marth vs Falco.
Stop using Fair lol, or at least don't die stupidly after using it at the ledge.
Mix up your recovery > Dat platform at 6:55.
Don't attack when it's not your turn.
Don't use your Usmash when Marth is mid % (like at 70 or 110)

Else your Falco is pretty ok

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Fair always surprises me and pokes my shield or I just release my shield early for some reason. It sure is weird.

Oh and about lasers...
Is it good to powershield them or should I try to move around them instead? When I watch videos they aren't powershielded much at all even though it's pretty easy to do. There must be a good reason for this.

Yeah, they should be power shielded. There is really no reason not to at a distance. Only downside is you might focus too much on power shielding and get hit by something obvious such as phantasm or an attack close up. Compared to melee, power shielding is 3 times easier.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes it's easy to do and I powershield them most of the time, but I'm still wondering why ppl on videos fail at it, is it something like top players being somehow better and being harder to PS them or do they just suck at PSing them?

dengel

Smash Cadet
All the guides/videos I've seen about BDACUS use buffered Dash -> C^ -> C^, yet I find it much easier to do buffered Dash -> Cv -> C^. It seems to work the same, but is there some advantage to C^ C^ that I don't know of? And am I the only one that thinks Cv C^ is easier?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You know a move is bad when characters can hit you out of it whiel your still in the animation with 0 effort on their part and not even having to sdi...

only reason to get hit by the whole thins is if your bad and aren't truly watching your opponent.

Jmorsch

Smash Cadet
Sometime when i try to dacus, falco just dash attacks then does an up smash instantly. How do I make sure that I do that.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Sometime when i try to dacus, falco just dash attacks then does an up smash instantly. How do I make sure that I do that.
you sort of delay the upsmash input slightly on the dash attack start up.

Its the same principle as the gattling combo and snakes connecting dacus.

Legend Vermillion

Spanish Brawl Competitive Player
I need some advice against MK. Specifically I dont know what to do against his tornado. Im talking about a MK who spams that move A LOT. Its so hard to punish it with lasers or down-b on most occasions. If I shield, he does another nado (which means more pressure and my shield exploding). So what are my options against his nado? :/

1) If you shield a tornado, tilt the shield upwards. This prevents any poking when your shield gets more worn down. If you do not tilt it upwards, you can get poked if MK keeps the nado out on it too long. This will only work with a near full shield, so you get to shield one full tornado.

2) You should not be getting hit by a 2nd nado if you shield the first one. There is enough lag afterwards for Falco to drop shield and hit MK or chase after him if he gets away. In either case, you can start your SHDL to hit him out of the move if he gets away to prevent the start-up of another one.

3) If you see yourself about to get hit by the tornado and you cannot laser/reflect/shield to stop him, SDI up the initial hit. This pops you upwards more and out of the reoccurring hits, hopefully. If you get stuck in the move, hold the control stick in a direction opposite the way MK is moving to get out since you cannot SDI out of the move. Once you do, you can either jump, airdodge, or try to hit him at the top of the tornado with a move.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
C-Stick Down + C-Stick up in Quick Succession when you want to hit someone with a Dash attack.
It's the easiest way to do it.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
How do I beat DEHF'ss ice climbers as falco?

the only solution I have is to go metaknight or snake

/needs help with ic's mu.

Calvonta "Calvo" parker

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone help me with the :pit: MU?

I played Admiral Pit on WiFi, and he brought camping to a whole 'nother level lol.

I'm not completely blind in the mu, its just that camping is not my forte. And here I though the :sonic: MU was the most campy. . . . T3T

I do not have much experience with pit. My impression of him from what I have played is that his arrows really lack any follow-up potential except when you get hit in the air. Then pit can punish landings and bait stuff out of you.

Other than that, if camping is giving you troubles, then your making movements or attacks at the wrong time. Which pit stops using arrows and simply attacks you.

I would say try to take a look at where your approaches are getting stuffed and figure out what you might try doing differently. I had this issue of always dropping shield, then putting it back up when walk up to a pit expecting some arrow to hit. That or short hopping too close and getting hit by an arrow as I was coming down.

If he is ledge camping, no idea how to solve that. I never really figured out that part of the match-up other than get the lead and spam reflector a distance from the ledge so that arrows never hit you, but he could not curve them over it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
which camping are you having issues with? The mobile or the planking?

Also

Arrows have follow-ups. If you get hit with one in range it's a free dash attack, grab, or fsmash/dtilt/jab depending on the range ur shot at.

Lad

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a few falcos do this, but does anybody know how to "wavebounce" the lazers for lack of a better term. It's where you do a standard double lazer diagonally, and then upon shooting a lazer you come back down in the same direction.

:phone:

Top Bottom