• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

That is a B-reversal Lad. You shove the control stick shorty after pressing the B button. But in a direction opposite the way you are moving. If you are moving left, you move the control stick right.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
My best and favorite matchup is probably Meta Knight.
Why i know that mu moderately well and i still hate it. I hate it so much i cant understand when other players are like MK is my best and favorite MU. It makes me feel like they are dumb. Not that i think you are dumb but falco has so many other challenging mus that are much less frustrating and what not.

MK is flat out broken.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Most of the time I see through the repetitive patterns and counter it. I guess it's a personal thing.

If you go MK vs me I'll show you.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Well this should be fun.

I'm planning to go to Five-Dollar Footdives on May 19th. Be there!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Going to another OoS tourny in tennessee lol

Sorry.

Should come over for a fest though!
How many people are going to Tennessee with you?

And yeah, for sure... when I get to college. Cause during the summer I'm still under parents' rule...and it's like pulling teeth to get to a tournament, so forget a fest.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i am bad with mk so you would not be proving much to me by beating my mk with falco.
I understand that falco has a closer mu with mk then most of the cast.

Why i know that mu moderately well and i still hate it. I hate it so much i cant understand when other players are like MK is my best and favorite MU. It makes me feel like they are dumb. Not that i think you are dumb but falco has so many other challenging mus that are much less frustrating and what not.

MK is flat out broken.
for someone who keeps him banned in his area you sure do complain about mk a lot

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'll money match your Meta Knight with several characters.

Banning him is such a joke lol.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
all i'm gonna say is that if you're going to ban the character in your area don't complain about not knowing or playing the MU enough
All i am going to say is i never complained about not knowing the mu i said i know it moderately well and that i stillget practice in the MU for ex albert. read better.

I'll money match your Meta Knight with several characters.

Banning him is such a joke lol.

I dont use mk never got good with him. So mm my mk will not do anything to sway or enlighten me on the matter. I also dont feel that the ban was a joke the meta game was over run with mk. People seem to think that the ban was cause of mks brokenness but the ban happened cause of the fact that he over centralized the meta game. It was no joke imo.

Drew we are blessed here in FL that mk is not a very popular char.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So who here has mastered Falco's Phantasm Cancels yet?

I have great control over them but my methods are ...'weird'

Like:

For the Long Cancel (for the extra distance) I press the B button an additional two times in a rhythm (SK92 does this)

For the Short Cancel, I just do a single addition B button press because I know the exact timing of it.

For the Short Cancel from iAP (to stop myself from getting hit if I realize last second I'm about to Phantasm into ****), I do the same method for the Long Cancel lol.

I just found that using different methods for different Cancels seem to work better so that I don't get the timing confused. Just curious as to what others use.

I have no method other than trying to muscle memory time it like what we do with SHDL or SHL. I avoid trying to aim for each one individually. Rather I'll go with shortest, middle timing or middle, longest.

I'll try spacing myself and the landing for one of the two outcomes I am aiming for.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I need a simple breakdown of BDACUS since I am the only Falco that can not do it...and it would be quite beneficial for my style and so many situations I am put in.

k9.

Smash Ace
@ Viper and turglurg Thanks for the complements/tips on how to become better.
Drew already helped me a bit, but i need a little bit more help.

I have a 50 dollar MM with darklink the MK player and it's one of the most important sets im ever going to play in my smash life. So if any of you could give me really detailed advice and things you do in that MU, please tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqIvhNQiIwE There is the start to the latest video of us playing i can find.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320931&page=10 If you want to read about why this is so important here is the smashboards thread.

I have wanted to beat him ever from the time i picked up Falco 11 months ago, THIS IS IS MY LAST CHANCE.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
When MK is Dair camping you look to hit him with oos bair. You can drop shield then turn your char around if you need to. Chances are the mk will dair a few times above you, giving you the time you need to set up the punish.

Also try to side step the last frames of nado if he is going to hold it on your shield. After the side step you can punish according to his %.

Challenge glide attack with nair if he is going to try gliding in towards you.

This is all stuff you might already know and he might be aware of so using them is all about positioning your character. Good luck and f*** mk

All i am going to say is i never complained about not knowing the mu i said i know it moderately well and that i stillget practice in the MU for ex albert. read better.
oh my bad you played someone's mk who doesn't really play this game anymore, and lost a bunch of matches to less than stellar players. Completely legit argument.

I dont use mk never got good with him. So mm my mk will not do anything to sway or enlighten me on the matter. I also dont feel that the ban was a joke the meta game was over run with mk. People seem to think that the ban was cause of mks brokenness but the ban happened cause of the fact that he over centralized the meta game. It was no joke imo.

Drew we are blessed here in FL that mk is not a very popular char.
you said yourself you didn't have to deal with that many mks so you should probably not whine about mk as much a say a NJ player. As a person who mains a character that has an even MU against him you should suck it up and learn to play different cause you zipping back and forth, jabbing and lasering doesn't completely shut down mk. Even before we knew about the "meta-game" as you so put it you were for banning mk in tournaments. Spring smash 09 for reference.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
oh my bad you played someone's mk who doesn't really play this game anymore, and lost a bunch of matches to less than stellar players. Completely legit argument.
Yeah thats my argument weres yours?

i won most of the matches vs albert btw

Even before we knew about the "meta-game" as you so put it you were for banning mk in tournaments. Spring smash 09 for reference.
Smart player is smart.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
In the english department. My point was that you beat sub-par mks doesn't mean you have any MU experience and once you learn it, it might not be that bad.
This is more than true. I do sometimes find myself enjoying the challenge of mk but i repress it deep in my being cause i hate that mu.

you just don't like thinking when you play
LOL i just want to auto pilot everyone if i cant just laser, jab, and grab i dont what to live lol oh and i need people to justt hit my shield more often so i can get easy oos up smash kills. Gosh that would make it so much easier than having to jump around and frame trap them.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
@ Viper and turglurg Thanks for the complements/tips on how to become better.
Drew already helped me a bit, but i need a little bit more help.

I have a 50 dollar MM with darklink the MK player and it's one of the most important sets im ever going to play in my smash life. So if any of you could give me really detailed advice and things you do in that MU, please tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqIvhNQiIwE There is the start to the latest video of us playing i can find.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320931&page=10 If you want to read about why this is so important here is the smashboards thread.

I have wanted to beat him ever from the time i picked up Falco 11 months ago, THIS IS IS MY LAST CHANCE.
Few things i noticed:

Stop airdodging into nado when you pop out. Jump/footstool or bair/dair if he's spacing it towards the center.

You can dash attack his dsmash when he hits you with the frontal hit on shield. The back hit isn't guaranteed though. (Although it does set up a nice R/P/S so you can either choose to push forward or just reset position)

You have a terrible habit of pretty much ONLY jumping OoS when pressured. Try to anticipate what your opponents waiting for and choose the appropriate action.

Don't forget Roll OoS against nado DOES work and let's u reset nicely.

Don't fall for glide attack frame traps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmHULPfvSt4&feature=relmfu&t=1m13s for the love of god never do that. again. ever. at all.

Try to pay closer attention to his movements/positioning. A bunch of his nado's were obvious and could of have been avoided.

When edge trapping mk stay just out of upair range and mix-up SHL/SHDL/Dash shield-->roll back/Dash Shield--->Aerial option/Dash shield-->jump back--->wait or jump back--->laser. Try not to commit to much and just keep the pressure on tack on small bits of dmg and use this time to figure out his get-up habits/condition his ledge option choices.

Stop not pushing his whiff dairs. Falcos jump+aerial frame data/dmg output makes it so easy and beneficial. Giving up a bunch of free % right there.

Stop giving up stage control so easy. Play the zoning/footsies better and more with mk. Your limiting your options far too much by pushing yourself into a corner.

90% sure dair on shield is never safe cuz of reverse SL. I could be wrong and u could be able to shield the SL based on what dairs stun number and aerial landing lag is but either way it definitely isn't safe if u hit the front and might/might not be safe if u hit the bk.

When you come bk he knows your gonna want the kill. Stay calm. Take things slow. Try not to commit too much cuz your just giving him openings to secure a large lead. Stick to safe pokes that will lead to setups and get your revenge kills that way.

I think that's about all...i might of forgot some stuff.

OH YA

Make sure to REALLY practice dacus/bdacus/IAP cancel timings/SHSL/buffering/general flow/JC US OOS. Can't be dropping free grab release to dacus kills and free laser-->dacus setups/punishes in general due to rust/not being prepared :) that'd be the worst way to lose. I'd know lol.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
"Drew we are blessed here in FL that mk is not a very popular char."

Yes and no.

Yes because the character diversity here is unreal and ultimately more behooving to the smash scene, allowing interesting results and matchup experience.

No because like I said, I am experienced in and enjoy the Meta Knight matchup thoroughly. Even if they're better than me. It's a personal thing, though.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm going to some kinda big smashfest this weekend and I'm gonna record vids of my Falco. I've been posting here for years and contributing here and there but you guys have never seen him lol It's extremely technical and gay in a nutshell. But I need to improve with him. I'm tired of developing a character in my back pocket for 3 years and never using him in tournament. Hopefully tomorrow will pan out well. I have some big tournaments coming up and I need you guys' help with him. :D

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol it was just messing around with some random as far as i could tell.

Hi.

XD

And idk lol. Was mostly roaming around trying to get a glimpse of a little bit of everything. Didn't even realize who you were till later on :p

Top Bottom