• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Good uses for dtilt?
It also has a considerable amount of Shield Push, so, if a Non tether tries to grab it.
You can you Fsmash after the D-Tilt and either kill or get a nice whack of damage, I haven't tested it if it's safe on D3's shield. I know it's safe from every other grab range from Dk and below.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
It also has a considerable amount of Shield Push, so, if a Non tether tries to grab it.
You can you Fsmash after the D-Tilt and either kill or get a nice whack of damage, I haven't tested it if it's safe on D3's shield. I know it's safe from every other grab range from Dk and below.
It is most likely not going to work on D3's shield because one, he has the biggest shield and I am pretty sure he can sdi shield grab after wards.
And I am sure D3 can punish Falco with a dtilt or ftilt ( If the Falco player doesn't shield it.)

It is most likely not going to work on D3's shield because one, he has the biggest shield and I am pretty sure he can sdi shield grab after wards.
And I am sure D3 can punish Falco with a dtilt or ftilt ( If the Falco player doesn't shield it.)
The dtilt has to be spaced perfectly so the shield push has an affect on D3.
Then you can buffer an fsmash because the D3 is most likely going to spam grab then fsmash will hit him. If D3 doesn't spam grab he can shield your fsmash, but will not get a punishing move out. ( Just tested this.)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I don't think D3 can punish with F-Tilt, and, I meant close up, the shield push from it, can't be grabbed, even buffered doesn't work.

Spaced can't be grabbed either, and I don't think F-Tilt would be the best punish, D-Tilt would be better.

k9.

Smash Ace
Hey guys, i didn't get to do the MM. Darklink didn't show up because he had to write an paper. So thanks for the advice anyway.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Guys, so I was just randomly practicing my techs and I noticed when I reflector and point my control stick near the ledge, it cancels and it grabs the ledge. So I'm wondering, OMGZ FALCO CAN SEMI PLANK? Also tried this off of platforms, can cancel that into a laser or another move. Anyone ever noticed that? Sounds kind of sexy amirite

I would expect this. Some specials should allow you to slide off ledges. Never really knew which ones allowed for that to happen.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
I would expect this. Some specials should allow you to slide off ledges. Never really knew which ones allowed for that to happen.
Well right now, I know that REFLECTOR allows you to do this, I'm thinkINK Canceled Phantasms are able to do this too... we should have a little discussion about this since it actually isn't all that bad and just a little something to add to Falco.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Guys, so I was just randomly practicing my techs and I noticed when I reflector and point my control stick near the ledge, it cancels and it grabs the ledge. So I'm wondering, OMGZ FALCO CAN SEMI PLANK? Also tried this off of platforms, can cancel that into a laser or another move. Anyone ever noticed that? Sounds kind of sexy amirite
This sounds semi-useful. How exactly do you do it? Can you get a video or something?

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post... but I was testing some frame data on falco's jab since poke was talking about it so much and I found out that crouch cancelling only makes falco's jab faster by 1 frame. Did anyone else know this? Is it even worth it to crouch cancel if that's the only difference it makes?

This should've been obvious though since hitlag on falco's jab2 is 5 frames and crouch cancelling only reduces hitlag by 1/3 (5/3 is 1.667 so I guess Brawl rounds down to 1).

I'm gonna do more research into jab, crouch cancelling, and how it can effect the marth matchup. The only thing holding me back is I don't know how to do frame by frame inputs for two players on the dolphin emulator. Only 1. Does anyone know how to do this?

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Ya, that's a good point. I just always imagined crouch cancelling did more than only that.

But the weird thing is that crouch cancelling doesn't actually make your shield come up any faster. If you press jab 1> jab 2> shield, the shield comes up on frame 35. However, if you jab 1> jab 2> crouch cancel> shield, it still comes up on frame 35. I tested this many times and it was the same every time. Does this sound like it makes any sense to anyone?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
iunno. All ik is that either way it works in actuality lol. Only frame stuff i concern myself with is when i'm searching for my own frame traps and what's punishable/unpunishable.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Blondie please upload that replay as soon as possible, as I would like to see for myself.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
No, I'm still trying to fully understand the technique, and besides that I don't have THAT much time on my hands, I'll be sure to send the replay at least by this weekend. :)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
If you're referring to what I think you are.

It's really simple.
It takes the aerial momentum of Down B.
And, if you're moving backward after you input it, and you're close to the edge, Falco will slide off.

I do it on Occasions, I don't see much use for it, except for using it to bait people off stage and put them in a somewhat difficult situation.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So I'm trying to figure out what each character can do with Diddy's Bananas, and I'm going around to each character's board asking this: does your character have any fun combos or tricks they can do specifically with Bananas? If not, you might look into it; it'd be useful both for the Diddy MU and for Doubles when your partner is a Diddy.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Falco is really strong with bananas imo.

I don't know of too many guaranteed combos off my head because I usually just make them up as I play.

However, he does have glide toss> grab, glide toss> forward smash, a single nanner lock, and the rest, like I said, I just make up on the spot. You just have to know how to use them effectively

I already posted this in the MU, but... I do not think there are many tricks Falco can do off of bananas (at least any differently than other characters), but he gets a ton of control off of them. Bananas and lasers is a pretty stupid combination.

Dietcoke101

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was just wondering if someone could help me with my DACUS and BDACUS. My DACUS seems to do the same thing as dash->charge a+up. Next my BDACUS is just doing an usmash right after I run. Can someone please help?

:phone:

For your DACUS, you need to perform a dash, dash attack, then an Usmash all in the span of about 1/12 of a second. There are a variety of methods for doing it and even more controller configurations you could bring in, but the staple explanation is:

dash forwards with the control stick -> down on the c-stick (when set to smash) while rotating the control stick upwards -> press Z (when set to grab or attack).

Again, this all needs to be done in a very, very, very short amount of time. If you are dashing into an usmash, then you are not getting your dash attack out. If you dash and only the dash attack comes out, then you did not get the Usmash input made quickly enough.

I have nothing to say regarding Bdacus, I still have never bothered to learn it.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
For your DACUS, you need to perform a dash, dash attack, then an Usmash all in the span of about 1/12 of a second. There are a variety of methods for doing it and even more controller configurations you could bring in, but the staple explanation is:

dash forwards with the control stick -> down on the c-stick (when set to smash) while rotating the control stick upwards -> press Z (when set to grab or attack).

Again, this all needs to be done in a very, very, very short amount of time. If you are dashing into an usmash, then you are not getting your dash attack out. If you dash and only the dash attack comes out, then you did not get the Usmash input made quickly enough.

I have nothing to say regarding Bdacus, I still have never bothered to learn it.
Learn Shield Drop -> BDACUS. IMO best move ever.
Pretty sure if you power shield any SH retreating aerial in the game (Wolf/Marth fair, for example) you are guaranteed an U-Smash.

Sooooo fast though. 6 (7?) frames to input Dash C-Up C-Up. Beautiful when done correctly.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Learn Shield Drop -> BDACUS. IMO best move ever.
Pretty sure if you power shield any SH retreating aerial in the game (Wolf/Marth fair, for example) you are guaranteed an U-Smash.

Sooooo fast though. 6 (7?) frames to input Dash C-Up C-Up. Beautiful when done correctly.
yeah you have 7 frames of shield drop to input the commands for dacus.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hard work and lots of time.

No excuse to not be able to learn it. There's tons of info and videos around and even detailed descriptions of "are u doing this instead?" then you're doing "this wrong".

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Here's what I use as feedback when I'm training my bdacus :
-if you're doing a standing Usmash you're starting your inputs too early
-if you're doing a dashing Usmash you're starting your inputs too late
-if you're doing a dash attack or a pseudo gatling combo (late canceled dash attack) you take too much time between your 2 Cstick inputs.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
honestly I don't bdacus ( I mean I might but its not my intent).

I just consistently do the long dacus's, but when I want to do a bdacus I just buffer with that input, which is easier for me.

I feel like it gives me more control over the frame trap because it gives me the ability to react to their DI.
This is just my personal preference though.

I've not been able to get it down once period. I think the only time I got it was because I DI'd onto the stage and my opponent did his spike not far enough off the ledge.

If anyone has a particular method they use for figuring it out, please share. I think I die half the time as well trying to SDI and they do nothing except SH at me.

Top Bottom