• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I guess, I was wrong. Missed that part, but, they look no different than Hyphen Smashes, and, I knew that last bit about Dacus'.

My bad, running off almost no sleep for the last two days.

SombreroJon

Smash Cadet
Ah yes, button mapping. Personally, I use R (attack) and that's it. I claw which is where you have your index finger over the Y button, so I don't need to change my buttons to be able to simultaneously jump while doing something (ie. IAP). Tap jump on has its advantages. The two biggest advantages are easier jump cancel u-smash/upB OoS and being able to meteor cancel asap. With tap jump on, you can spam up on the control stick when you get spiked and there will be no input penalty, but if you use a button to jump, you will not be able to jump again until a certain number of frames have passed. It's personal preference.

Also for Full DACUS, you need to get the attack button/u-smash input to register asap after the dash attack input. The faster the u-smash registers, the longer your dacus would be. This is why Falco's bdacus travels very far. Keep in mind though, this is not always the case: as you can see, Snake and Sheik go nowhere with their bdacus even though their normal DACUS travels very far.
I've tried the "claw" but it didn't work for me. You have my respect if it works for you.

As for your video I'm fairly sure that your link is showing those two characters shortest possible BDACUS because I know that each of them have a very long full BDACUS (shown here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ky9cP9h6JQ skip to 2:05).

That leads me back to sort of my original question? What exactly causes the difference in lengths of the BDACUS or DACUS? Sometimes I can slide across final D in 2 BDACUS if they are the full length ones, other times it is 3, and sometimes even 4 for the shortest ones.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
This is kind of BS, as in I have never heard it explained like this before, but I think DACUS's distance is based on the frame you cancel the dash attack into an u-smash and the momentum of your character on that frame. For example G&W goes like nowhere with his DACUS because the frame at which you would cancel his dash attack into u-smash he stops moving so he has zero momentum. Whereas Snake, you can cancel at almost any point during his initial lunge which obviously has a lot of forward momentum. Also remember that bdacus varies in distance too.

SombreroJon

Smash Cadet
^^ So would you say that the length of the DACUS/BDACUS for falco has a lot to do with luck then? Say for example I cancel my dash attack in frame 3 of the buffer window and it gives me a half BDACUS, but if I cancel it at frame 5 I get the full one... wouldn't being able to consistently full BDACUS be near impossible? Just by looking at that it leads me to believe that it has more to do with how quickly you cancel it... even though what you say cross is what I originally thought as well.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
What? On bdacus, you do all three inputs within the 10 frame buffer window so it will always come out exactly the same length. It should never be shorter, or else you are inputting the buttons too late. On the dacus, I don't know the exact mechanics on when to cancel the dash into usmash, but every time I do it, I get the same full length. It's not hard, it just takes practice. If you keep practicing, you can easily do it consistently every time.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
^^ So would you say that the length of the DACUS/BDACUS for falco has a lot to do with luck then? Say for example I cancel my dash attack in frame 3 of the buffer window and it gives me a half BDACUS, but if I cancel it at frame 5 I get the full one... wouldn't being able to consistently full BDACUS be near impossible? Just by looking at that it leads me to believe that it has more to do with how quickly you cancel it... even though what you say cross is what I originally thought as well.
I was just speaking in the general sense for all characters. For Falco, I believe you just do it asap and you should get the full length every time. Wake, I believe bdacus distance can still vary. As you saw in my video vs the one jon put up, those were two very different distances traveled for bdacus.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
That doesn't seem to make any sense though, since you're buffering all 3 inputs so that they come out on the soonest possible frame. Shouldn't it be the same distance every time if done absolutely correctly every time? :|

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Honestly, at the fastest possible speed, it should come out the same distance, but I have personally experienced moments where I buffer and it doesn't go quite as far as a perfect bdacus. Perfect bdacus (for Falco) should go half the distance of BF, but there are times where I buffer and I don't get quite as far, but just short of the midpoint of BF. My reasoning is that in the 10 frame buffer window instead of getting all inputs for the bdacus in the first 3 frames, you input the first few commands in the first couple frames and the last u-smash input comes on, for example, buffer frame 8 or 9. I do not know this for sure, but this is just the way I reason it. Somebody from smash lab get over here.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
What was the proper cg on Olimar? I've heard dash grab, walk grab, and boost grab..

So I'm a little confused which one is guaranteed.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
DEHF's chaingrab list, 1PokeMastr's CG guide, and several veterans' posts say Olimar can be grabbed up to 7 times. I believe the first regrab (2nd dthrow) can be done walking. After that, you boost grab. Starting at 0, you can put them around 40-50% from dthrows and then follow up. Personally, I only go for about 4-5 throws and then start my follow up, since boost grabbing will put you near the edge much more quickly than walking grabs.

One of my favorite tricks is to randomly jab right after the throw. If they don't DI, they are right there in front of you in the air (you can still get hit). If they DI up or away, that gives you a little more advantage to land a fsmash or upsmash

Hold control stick perpendicular to DI. You get hit straight up, hold control stick to the left or to the right.

Ideally,
Utilt (strong): hold towards
Utilt (weak): hold away
Usmash (mortar): hold away-down
Usmash (stand): hold towards
Uair: Away-Down

But honestly, holding left or right will still get you some partial directional influence to survive on all of those moves.

No proper way to KO Snake. What your looking for are opportunities in which you can. Bair, Uair, Dair, Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash, Grabbing cypher, blowing himself up, his own mistakes which KO himself, edgehogs. Whatever manages to work at the given moment.

Sorry for not giving something more direct and straight forward, but there is not really any simple answer.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
After experimenting for one day, I think it's just inputting the upsmash outside of the buffer window that causes you to go different distances, since inputting all 3 in the buffer window should cause you go to the same distance since you're buffering them to come out on the same frame, whereas if you input the second usmash a bit late, then you won't go as far. That's what I think, though, from what I've been testing. Might be wrong but it sounds logical.

Calvonta "Calvo" parker

Smash Apprentice
I am a bit flustered of Sonic's side and down B. When it comes to those 2 move I don't know what the hell to do. Priority over the Phantasm, dash attack he can shield grab.. Can someone please help mah?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I am a bit flustered of Sonic's side and down B. When it comes to those 2 move I don't know what the hell to do. Priority over the Phantasm, dash attack he can shield grab.. Can someone please help mah?
Well he can't shield grab if he does down B. Why are you so close that you have to be forced to throw out a move like dash attack anyway? imo you either should be in long range in which case SH lasering is safe and avoids the situation or if he approached, close range, where you should be taking the initiative with jab, ftilt and all the other good stuff he has in CQC. Also when I say long range, I mean far enough away so that even if Sonic dashes at you, you are still safe when SHL'ing. You never want to be in that mid range where Sonic could easily punish any SHL'ing just by dash at you or pull off some sideB or downB shenanigans. If he starts doing some BS with his specials, then I would just run away, and if he comes at you, you've at least created some more time to react to his actions.

Keep in mind, I have no Sonic experience, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Also try to think of some answers by yourself. If you discover difficult situations in MU's, instead of learning if he does A, then do B or if he does X instead, then do Y, the answer is probably in figuring out the question "How do I avoid putting myself in that situation in the first place?" Remember, they're probably bad positions, because even if you have a counter to some of the opponent's options, he can probably counter those options very easily. Replays help a lot here, because you can identify situations in a match where you remember feeling helpless/having no options, and then observe what actions led into that situation. Regardless, I hope this helps.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Really all you have to do is laser. He probably will only be doing these moves at mid or long range since they take time to charge. First off, you should never let him be at mid range because that's sonics strongest spacing. So make sure he's at long range. When he's approaching with spindash just shoot a well timed shl and it'll stop him right in his tracks, and then you can follow up with other attacks. If you don't feel confident in timing a laser right, just shield, and then oos bair or nair the sonic once he passes you. It's not too hard.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Unintentionally and much to your horror when you're trying to recover.

You simply have to know the spacing to cancel and it's a pretty unforgiving window. Someone could make a visual guide for where you can do it from, but I'm too lazy.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
There's a fairly small window for it but I would do it a lot when I would practice running off the stage and doing a phantasm back on.

Depending on how you time it, you can phantasm onto the stage without ending lag, grab the ledge, or cancel it and fall.

Anyway, I had a quick question myself. When trying to BDACUS are you supposed to imput the direction you want to BDACUS in before or after you mash the C stick up twice? I'm just getting to the level where learning this is useful... When I try to BDACUS, I often mess up and roll and I'm not quite sure why unless I'm not doing the correct input...

Zwei Striker

Smash Apprentice
You input direction and the first c-stick up at the same time, then you let the Control Stick return to neutral before inputting the second c-stick up.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
alright thanks guys, and lol its weird cause I can BDACUS with like no problem yet I have a challenging time trying to normal dacus

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Or, Or, Or, Or!!!!!

You can PS the Spindash approach and Punish him!

And.. Phantasm has little to no priority, the first third of it is Invincible ( Why people think is has hack priority ), the rest of it, ANY move can clash with it, beat it, or trade hits with it. Keep in mind it's only active for 3 frames barring the start up and cool down. It really isn't a great move.

Other than Shielding Spin Dash, just standing grab him out of it.

But yeah, Power Shield it and Bair his Follow up attempts.
Also, watch Falco vs Sonic videos to see how they deal with it.

Lion1

Smash Rookie
Probably asked before so please don't kill me, forum Gods. Is there a way to to get down the BDACUS? I'm guessing the only way would be to mess with the timing in Training. But maybe I'm missing something. Thank you! :)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Probably asked before so please don't kill me, forum Gods. Is there a way to to get down the BDACUS? I'm guessing the only way would be to mess with the timing in Training. But maybe I'm missing something. Thank you! :)

Practice makes perfect. There's a couple of videos on Youtube that can help.

Top Bottom