• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Falco is a great secondary. I'm glad you've decided to pick him up. There needs to be more of us. *evil smile* MUAHAHAHA!!!

On a serious note, Falco, being the great character he is a great alternate, simply because I personally believe he's the type of character that is supposed to be used once you know the other player's style and strats. He's very good with picking apart other strategies.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Jab cancel = Jab, crouch, jab (repeat).

It takes practice to get the timing down. You can't go too fast, or too slow.

Denzi

Smash Master
Jab cancel = Jab, crouch, jab (repeat).

It takes practice to get the timing down. You can't go too fast, or too slow.

I still am pretty sure Falco gains no frame advantage by crouch canceling a single jab. Jab x2 maybe, but I'm almost positive it doesn't apply to single jab.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Do you guys like to ignore the obvious typo in your QA thread's title?

Also, is there any practical use for Falco's shine besides reflecting projectiles?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord

Also, is there any practical use for Falco's shine besides reflecting projectiles?
DO NOT QUSESTION THE TYPO.

Also yes, Shine is an amazing spacing tool that's virtually unpunishable in most situations.

hahahahahahahaha no seriously, it's terrible, don't use it. Man, can you imagine?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is a qusestion and answer thread, I want my answers. :mad:

I only use it because Falco looks so cool. Like, he just kicks it in front of him and doesn't even care. I've also pondered why the laser can be reflected by Pit's shield and the shine, but no other projectiles can cancel it. >__>

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Typo?

I guess you should go to school to learn english.

For my qusestion, for I currently have no wii to test it, if you hold the stick diagonally to avoid freefall and use a dair, can I recover with my jump+firebird?

Denzi

Smash Master
This is a qusestion and answer thread, I want my answers. :mad:

I only use it because Falco looks so cool. Like, he just kicks it in front of him and doesn't even care. I've also pondered why the laser can be reflected by Pit's shield and the shine, but no other projectiles can cancel it. >__>
@ 1st part: YOU'RE WRONG. There is no typo.

@ 2nd point: Laser = light. Pit's shield = a mirror. Other projectiles =/= mirrors.

Edit: HELL YEAH 2,000th POST!!!
:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
^seizure attack!

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
@ 1st part: YOU'RE WRONG. There is no typo.

@ 2nd point: Laser = light. Pit's shield = a mirror. Other projectiles =/= mirrors.

Edit: HELL YEAH 2,000th POST!!!
:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
^seizure attack!
Gratz!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

^lol I love siezures... So is it okay if I post a me vs. CPU vid for critique? Or should I do wifi.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Denzi there is a car going down from Cleveland, you've told me that you're not coming to the circuit...but there's a car driving down!

What's up with that?

Denzi

Smash Master
Denzi there is a car going down from Cleveland, you've told me that you're not coming to the circuit...but there's a car driving down!

What's up with that?
This is the Q&A thread, stay on topic.

...but then again, I guess technically it's a question...

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I had a question about out-of-shield followups.

How often should I be trying to use Dair/Bair/Nair OoS? If, say, Wario did a dair on my shield and then drifted either out of shieldgrab range or behind me, should I try to do an aerial out of shield or just roll away? What's a safe punish?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
IAP out of shield is amazing.

Not because of it's damage or it's knockback or whatever, but literally because it can punish anything, no matter how well it's spaced. People become very wary about attacking your shield when you punish them every. Single. Time.

I'm fairly sure the only OoS options I ever use are SHL, IAP, and Grab.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, I hadn't even thought of IAP!

Which is stupid of me because I remember it being mentioned here at some point...

Doesn't really help me if I'm at like the center of battlefield or something though. But on FD or anything reasonably sized I'll remember it for sure.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
IAP out of shield is amazing.

Not because of it's damage or it's knockback or whatever, but literally because it can punish anything, no matter how well it's spaced. People become very wary about attacking your shield when you punish them every. Single. Time.

I'm fairly sure the only OoS options I ever use are SHL, IAP, and Grab.
OoS IAP sounds sexy. Technique wise. I guess if you say it out loud (oosiap) it sounds kind of silly. But that's not the point. Point is, it sounds sexy.

And where's this pure awesome new combo you told us about?! Or was that an April Fool's?

Whoa, I hadn't even thought of IAP!

Which is stupid of me because I remember it being mentioned here at some point...

Doesn't really help me if I'm at like the center of battlefield or something though. But on FD or anything reasonably sized I'll remember it for sure.
Just learn to phantasm cancel your IAP.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
It'll take quite a long time before I'm confident enough to risk a stock on me hitting a one-frame window, if it ever happens even.

But I'll use shdair to cover for that deficiency.

Thanks everyone!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
And where's this pure awesome new combo you told us about?! Or was that an April Fool's?
It, as well as a few other things, are currently being tossed around the Falco Back Room. I requested that someone make a thread to introduce them to the public since I hate making threads myself, so there should be something up in a day or two.

Also, Upsmash OoS nets me alot of my kills.

Anyone that plays falco want to play against me in wifi? I'd like to get some feedback. And if we do do some battles it would nice to not face in falco dittos.

Edit: Also, has there been any recent falco vids during tourneys?

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ I could've recorded some if I wanted to, but I was too lazy.

Anyway, can anyone else confirm that G&W and toon link can consistently jump out of the chaingrab if we boost pivot grab?

Or perhaps I'm not doing it right?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
^ I could've recorded some if I wanted to, but I was too lazy.

Anyway, can anyone else confirm that G&W and toon link can consistently jump out of the chaingrab if we boost pivot grab?

Or perhaps I'm not doing it right?
Are you doing the DAC with the C-Stick or a shoulder button?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Neither do I, but it still works even if it's set to shield.

Still... that is odd, especially if you use C-stick. I guess I should test that out tonight.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Thanks a lot, because whenever I boost pivot grab these characters my opponent always jumps out if they try to.

I'm probably just doing it wrong? I dunno.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Thanks a lot, because whenever I boost pivot grab these characters my opponent always jumps out if they try to.

I'm probably just doing it wrong? I dunno.
I dunno, I always find TLink and G&W can't be dashing CG'd. So I guess it would make sense if you can't boost pivot grab them. That would suck though =\

Top Bottom