• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Is it known that if you grab Toon Link with your back facing the edge of a stage you can regrab him without moving 7 times then ground lock him (assuming no tech) with a laser once?

Does this only work on Toon Link?

If you don't know what I mean it's very similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPjX7hY-jU

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
man,it`s ******** hard to Bdacus,i`m training like 2 weeks and i never do one,is spot dodge[any move]forward analog>c stick up>neutral analog position>c stick up,right?
It's quite simple, if you already know how to dacus just spot dodge and dacus.
There really much to it, but there are other ways to do the bdacus.
You can bdacus out of your falling animation when you hit the ground, you can bdacus from short hop laser, bdacus from double laser.
When I first started training using bdacus I used the landing lag witch was easy, then I wen t through the rest and finally got the hang of the spot dodge bdacus. Just continue and keep trying you'll get it.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
It's quite simple, if you already know how to dacus just spot dodge and dacus.
There really much to it, but there are other ways to do the bdacus.
You can bdacus out of your falling animation when you hit the ground, you can bdacus from short hop laser, bdacus from double laser.
When I first started training using bdacus I used the landing lag witch was easy, then I wen t through the rest and finally got the hang of the spot dodge bdacus. Just continue and keep trying you'll get it.
Erm, If you input a DACUS, -> > Cv > ^ + A, during the buffer window you get a very small DACUS that's about equivalent to a hyphen smash in length.

Make sure you're inputting the BDACUS during the buffer window. A good way to test the buffer window for a move is to input a dash and up on the C stick. If you did nothing you were too soon. If you hyphen smashed you were too late. If you dash attacked you did it during the buffer window. Then just add a second C stick^ input to that and you've got a BDACUS.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Is it known that if you grab Toon Link with your back facing the edge of a stage you can regrab him without moving 7 times then ground lock him (assuming no tech) with a laser once?

Does this only work on Toon Link?

If you don't know what I mean it's very similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPjX7hY-jU
It also works on DDD and pika.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Erm, If you input a DACUS, -> > Cv > ^ + A, during the buffer window you get a very small DACUS that's about equivalent to a hyphen smash in length.

Make sure you're inputting the BDACUS during the buffer window. A good way to test the buffer window for a move is to input a dash and up on the C stick. If you did nothing you were too soon. If you hyphen smashed you were too late. If you dash attacked you did it during the buffer window. Then just add a second C stick^ input to that and you've got a BDACUS.
Thanks for the input, but I already know how to actually do the bdacus (full length not hyphen smash lenght.) Also I should just show Blubs bdacus video which helped me alot.

This is something I have wanted to confirm for a long time, but I kept for getting about it. That'll be added to my list of stuff to do once I get a lot more time to mess around with it.

Zwei Striker

Smash Apprentice
The pivot walking chaingrab does. The pivot boost grab chaingrab... I'm not sure, I usually only do it to change sides, not to keep my oponent in place. I think it does, though.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Okay, so my first local tournament is coming up soon. I've been practicing furiously. Any tips on how to prepare for the tourney? I still can't SHDL properly. It's been 3 months. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. What characters should I watch out for? And who should I secondary?

Note: MK isn't banned in this tourney.

Note: I'm also using this to experiment with what I want my post color to be
:bee:

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so my first local tournament is coming up soon. I've been practicing furiously. Any tips on how to prepare for the tourney? I still can't SHDL properly. It's been 3 months. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. What characters should I watch out for? And who should I secondary?

Note: MK isn't banned in this tourney.

Note: I'm also using this to experiment with what I want my post color to be :bee:
Trust me don't practice furiously, just train in small amounts of time.
This will help you alot more, and this is more efficent way to do training.
When you train verse other people not level 9's. That will not help you what so ever for preperation for a tournament.

Characters you should look out for are ice climbers, pikachus, marths, and meta knight. The seconday best for any of these match ups use marth. Don't listen to people that say second mk because marth can just air release to tip fmash or fair and kill mk. Don't use mk for ice climbers because the ice climbers and do a 0 to death cg on mk. Don't use mk on pika because he can get easy punishes on mk, when mk goes to the stage all pika has to do is down b or just b. If mk is at a high percent uair to uair to nair is a daeath on mk. That is a true combo that works on every character. Marth can avoid this and marth is someone that is easy to pick up. I promise this will make the match ups ten times easier.

If you think you are doing everything correct try again, you may find a flaw or you might find somthing to put in. Try every technique you know and try not to mess up on any of them. Don't stress out stay calm and you will get these things down before the tournament. For SHDL practice trying to hit Olimar on the ground, time the laser don't spam the laser. Eventually it will be a habit getting silent laser and you will feel good about your self.

I remember my first tournament as having higher expectations than what actually happened. The next tournament I sort of cleared that out of my head and played a lot better.

I think nerve and mindset are probably the best things you need to prepare. However one goes about doing that.

Why do I always seem have picked a blue that is already in use. And this is a specific color blue at that.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
I remember my first tournament as having higher expectations than what actually happened. The next tournament I sort of cleared that out of my head and played a lot better.

I think nerve and mindset are probably the best things you need to prepare. However one goes about doing that.

Why do I always seem have picked a blue that is already in use. And this is a specific color blue at that.
Thanks! I appreciate your input. Also, your blue is lighter than MARLX's :cool:

Trust me don't practice furiously, just train in small amounts of time.
This will help you alot more, and this is more efficent way to do training.
When you train verse other people not level 9's. That will not help you what so ever for preperation for a tournament.

Characters you should look out for are ice climbers, pikachus, marths, and meta knight. The seconday best for any of these match ups use marth. Don't listen to people that say second mk because marth can just air release to tip fmash or fair and kill mk. Don't use mk for ice climbers because the ice climbers and do a 0 to death cg on mk. Don't use mk on pika because he can get easy punishes on mk, when mk goes to the stage all pika has to do is down b or just b. If mk is at a high percent uair to uair to nair is a daeath on mk. That is a true combo that works on every character. Marth can avoid this and marth is someone that is easy to pick up. I promise this will make the match ups ten times easier.

If you think you are doing everything correct try again, you may find a flaw or you might find somthing to put in. Try every technique you know and try not to mess up on any of them. Don't stress out stay calm and you will get these things down before the tournament. For SHDL practice trying to hit Olimar on the ground, time the laser don't spam the laser. Eventually it will be a habit getting silent laser and you will feel good about your self.
Thanks to you too! Great detailed explanation, I will take keep this in mind when practice SHDL ( And just practicing in general)

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
can someone please give me the frame data on a shdl. I'd like to know what frame after the jump input do you press the b button for a perfect shdl. Also, when is the entire shdl over. Is there absolutely no lag so you jump the first frame after you land a short hop? And one more thing... what frame after jump input do you press the b button for a perfect short hop single laser?

44 frames from time of jump input, in the air of SH, landing lag.
77 frames from time of jump input, in the air of SH, and landing lag.

6 frames until airborn. Landing lag hard is 4 frames, landing lag soft is 2 frames.
5 frame window to release jump once the input has been made. Also the same time for his jump squat

To get a lagless laser, you must start animation of B move on frame 34 (from time of jump input)

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
iirc, to reverse bdacus you would have to input a turn around and then the bdacus all within the 10-frame buffer window (Holy **** thats fast!!). It's ridiculously hard to do and I don't really see any applications for it except in the very rare situations in which case, it would probably happen so fast you wouldn't have time to react.

However, I think I saw the video of gluttony you were talking about and that wasn't a reverse bdacus, just a reverse regular dacus which is much easier to do and has more applications. All it is is the normal dacus input in the opposite direction. Were you talking about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=127f_dF-BwI&t=0m28s

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Glutonny don't bdacus.
People underestimate the distance you can travel with a dacus when you have the good timing.

Tyler_ACE

Smash Cadet
Anybody know of any good falco guides? specificaly spacing and combo's. (not chain grabs, i already have about a million grab combos...)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Can falco reasonably bdacus an MK who is zoning with fair->dtilt, or does he tend to get caught by the dtilt if he goes for the punish?
If we go by frame perfection, then yes, you can Punish with it.
If we go by human reaction, good luck.

But! You CAN Usmash his Nado.

Retreating against an aggressive opponent will always have it's moments of success and failures.

For any falcos who's region has stopped doing MK tourneys for a couple months now:
Would you say MK banned has shown any difference at all for your performance in tournament?

lol Love the drawing. So much better than text by itself.

Falco's jump squat (jump lag) is 5 frame (frame 1-5) not 6 frames. He is airborne on that 6th frame.

@1pokemastr: How do the tourneys you attend set-up the ruleset? The one's in my area blindly copy the unity ruleset without much consideration to doing anything different.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so after collecting all the frame data on shdl (it was harder than I thought it would be) I made an audio file that simulates when to press the buttons (jump and b) for a lagless shdl.

Frame perfect shdl:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ES1396WT

Frame perfect shdl with buffered jump (buffered on frame 42 of SH):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TN4HOP72

I prefer the buffered one because it just seems to flow better for me. Also, for the buffered one, I put a pause in between every 8 cycles of shdl, because if you missed the first SH, essentially all the rest are gonna be messed up too, and you can't jump back in without messing up the frames. These may or may not help anyone, but they sure are helping me so far. I don't know why, but I just have had trouble with shdl since I started. No problem with phantasm cancel or dacus or bdacus, but freakin' shdl gives me so much hell. Anyway, gonna listen to this while I sleep lol!!

Calvonta "Calvo" parker

Smash Apprentice
All and all, I have a smart Falco but when it comes to matches that requires extreme patience (I.E: De De, TL, Wofl, etc) I fall short. How to pratice patience? Why is the reason I fall short?

:phone:

Top Bottom