• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

earla

Smash Lord
what are marths best options to deal with characters planking?

pit? if pit planks with arrows, up airs.

if i run off bair, that puts me in a bad position. maybe grab the edge force them on stage?

tips please?

Albert.

Smash Master
what are marths best options to deal with characters planking?

pit? if pit planks with arrows, up airs.

if i run off bair, that puts me in a bad position. maybe grab the edge force them on stage?

tips please?
Dair,

Power shield the arrows.

Don't let them have the percent lead, so that what they're doing is pointless

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Powershield and be patient until they try to mix it up or mess up their timing and then punish with a poke (dtilt). Dair is too laggy and if you time it wrong, you'll take more damage than being patient.

@platform cancel question dude, you can only cancel on moving platforms.

∫unk

Smash Master
Your options are limited, but they aren't completely gone if a Pit planks (unlike MK planking).

Just do something they don't expect. Grab the ledge, then db1 towards them (letting go of the ledge) and double jump f-air them. Next time charge shieldbreaker on stage. You gotta be random... in a limited situation never go for the same thing twice, unless they're dumb and it's consistently working.

Also, if you grab the ledge and Pit goes on stage, most Pit's are horrible at fighting (read: dodge spam) so you can beat them pretty easy. Remember his f-roll is good. Poke once outside his range and see what he does.

Reizilla

Basically, jump through a moving platform (lylat or smashville usually) and hit down on the c-stick, right about when your feet go through

Reizilla

There shouldn't be any lag at all. Not with marth, at least. I know Snake has lag, but not Marth.

Reizilla

Has to be moving. Delfino is technically moving, but I don't think it counts XD

Reizilla

Yoshi's Island center plat also works. Umm... I think there are more, but I'm not sure.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
i've seen mike platform cancel on almost all the platforms at rainbowcruise iirc

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
FYI, on platforms that are just moving to adjust, you can do it. So when the Delfino platforms are rising or lowering into the next scene, when Halberd is doing the same, etc, you can platofrm Cancel. Rainbow Cruise is constantly moving, so almost all of it's platforms can be cancelled onto (carpets are special, and you cannot).

earla

Smash Lord
when does Full hop Dair double jump Bair true combo on diddy?

what are your thoughts on dair to bair in general? ike has the same combo i believe at around 30%

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It's applicable on different characters at different percents. Obviously, more hitstun is present at higher percents, so you want heavier characters that fall fast around the 80 percent area (give or take 20%)

MK is too light to perform it on. If you have frame advance (I don't), then try testing with a partner to see how many frames of advantage you have when comparing the ending lag of Dair to the opponent's hitstun, at various percents.

Typically, it's pretty picky to land, and that's provided the opponent's didn't DI in an annoying way. Regardless, it's still a good trap, depending on your opponent's options. Even if they airdodge, they get caught by FF Fair or a trap on the ground. If they jump, Bair may still connect, or you can set up a landing trap.

earla

Smash Lord
sounds good. cheers pierce

what's best neutral to take a snake to out of > and y?

yoshis, smashville, pokemon stadium, battlefield, lylat

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
smashville all day.

Platform camp, all day.
Provided its a starter, wouldn't Lylat be a better option?

The platforms function similar to BF, with the huge bonus of being platform cancelable.

The tilting also helps Marth gimp snake out of his cypher- if Snake is offstage and the stage is tilted above Snake, we are in perfect Dair or Bair territory.
If the stage is tilted below snake, we are able to pressure him into landing on a platform.

This is assuming no Dolphin Slash SDs

Reizilla

20-40 = 1
40-100 = 2
100+ = 3

That's just what I usually do. Some people just know how to mash though.

earla

Smash Lord
curious: what are the important things the top players are thinking about during a game?

earla

Smash Lord
at the moment im at the point where i think about opponents patterns and how to punish, overall strategy and spacing generally. im determined to take my game further.

any more tips would be much appreciated

Reizilla

C'mon, mayne. It's mentioned like 10 times in the last 5 pages -_-

Dair as your feet pass through a moving platform.

Toby.

Smash Master
Or hold down and aerial as your feet pass through the platform.

It can be better to hold down + fair if can't perform the cancel with 100% accuracy. Then you aren't stuck in the end lag of dair for the next hundred years.

Top Bottom