• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Whats marth's 0-40% combo on metaGAY????

oh, and mikeHAZE vs. M2K; mike kept doing grab release into tipped f-air,and M2K kept getting hit by it.
is it escape able?
I'm not sure what the 0-40% combo is.

These are true combos on Meta Knight:
Grab>Aerial Release>Tipper Fair
Grab>Aerial Release>Dash Attack
Grab>Aerial Release>Dolphin Slash
Grab>Aerial Release>Nair (Frame-perfect, if I recall correctly)

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
Is Fair always the best DI move for marth or is there something else i should be using when sent in different directions?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
air dodge doesn't help. if you're above, you can dair, or you can fair and fast fall. i prefer fair and ff because dair is laggy and that's screwed me over before.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Air-dodging gets you out of hit-stun faster than just jumping alone, thus making it ONLY useful for characters with bad horizontal momentum cancelling. Like Ike.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
air dodge doesn't help. if you're above, you can dair, or you can fair and fast fall. i prefer fair and ff because dair is laggy and that's screwed me over before.
This is correct. Air dodge is not the best option.

I happen to use Fair too, but you could say dair is "easier" since all you have to do is hold the C-stick down and hold left/right with the control stick to DI to the corners of the blastbox.

Actually, to clarify, does holding a diagonal direction such as left/right and down (to fastfall) have the same effect as holding C-stick down to fast fall and holding left/right to DI to the corners of the blastbox? Or is the latter more "powerful"?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
oh

:/

see dair is slower than Fair by two frames

speed is what counts in Momentum cancelling I believe.
no, the momentum canceling starts as soon as the command is input, so they both have the same effect, if anything, dair would be quicker because it's only one command (doubt it though). and the whole thing about "fastest aerial" is whichever aerial ends the fastest, because jumping after the aerial also helps cancel horizontal momentum.

Albert.

Smash Master
no, the momentum canceling starts as soon as the command is input, so they both have the same effect, if anything, dair would be quicker because it's only one command (doubt it though). and the whole thing about "fastest aerial" is whichever aerial ends the fastest, because jumping after the aerial also helps cancel horizontal momentum.
huh?

Fair is 4 frames Dair is 6.
Fair ends faster.
thank you for proving my point?

BTW I just remembered that you IMed me last night xD
It was late at that point at night I'm not really paying attention to anything.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No. The only thing you can do to cancel your momentum while DIing vertically is fastfalling. Csticking a dair is a fastfall (from frame 1 on, yes) so there's no point in not doing it (at higher percentages, it was noted earlier that doing so at low percentages gets your Dair punished).

Why would you jump when DIing vertically? Exactly, you don't.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
When Marth uses dancing blade on a sheilded opponent, are there certain frames that the opponent can jump oos to get out of it and maybe even punish?

C.J.

Smash Master
Pretty much anytime they want to... DB is terrible on shield. If you get caught attacking a shield w/ it, if you can, stop it after the 1st hit, otherwise, make the 3rd hit down and end it after that.

Gah777

Smash Lord
I was talking to this guy today who also plays Marth. From what he said, it sounded like he got most of his kills from charged smash attacks and spikes (1. He said he used the GC controller without using the Cstick, I asked him about that and he said he "charged everything". He also said that his 2 most commonly used aerials were nair and dair. He also mentioned that he never used DB). He seemed like he might be good to me, but it also seemed like he might be a little arrogant. Based on this info what kind of play style do you think he has? What would his options be? And how would I counter?

Tennet

Smash Champion
umm he's a scrub... wait for him to finish charging after he misses run in a DB he should play REALLY predictable...

Gah777

Smash Lord
Yeah lol I guess he shouldn't be that hard, but I still want to fight him to judge his skill

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Lol a Marth without Fair nor DB. Or not much at least. He may be good, but he could definitely be better if he changed his move priorities a bit. If he gets most of his kills through spiking and charging, it's probably because either his opponents were too predictable, allowing him to spike and charge smashes, or that he's good at reading, or a combination.

Yeah counter for the lawlz.

You could also space it correctly to jump just out of his range while charging a SB and release it during/once he unleashes the charged attack.

Gah777

Smash Lord
If he gets most of his kills through spiking and charging, it's probably because either his opponents were too predictable, allowing him to spike and charge smashes, or that he's good at reading, or a combination.
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

You could also space it correctly to jump just out of his range while charging a SB and release it during/once he unleashes the charged attack.
Does SB outrange Fsmash?

Top Bottom