• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Tennet

Smash Champion
You are making MI look bad man, edit your posts.
And Blacklash there isn't a pro Marth in MI lol. There is a GOOD Marth but the best i've seen him get was top 8 but thats usually where he places...

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
my marth is pretty pro right now but i need some more combinations. i just fair fair then nair or so my over B. or i do fair fair dair to spike. fair then to a f smash. i got nothing else. my marth is really good but i want it to be better.

any suggestions??
I thought I was pro when I first joined swf. Then I played some of the members here and let's just say there's a reason your title is smash n00b. No offense, it's just the way it is. Seeing as this isn't my observation to make, as I have never played you, you are free to drop by my profile and leave a message and I will fight you. But I must warn you, I'm rather scrub.

Shaya (or anyone), do you have any confirmation of what Inle~Orichas said?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
You are making MI look bad man, edit your posts.
And Blacklash there isn't a pro Marth in MI lol. There is a GOOD Marth but the best i've seen him get was top 8 but thats usually where he places...
Yea my post was a nice way of saying "dude, if u have to ask a question like that here then u aren't a pro." I guess i should have put "WARNING: this post my contain sarcasm" in there somewhere. :ohwell:

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
You just have to buffer the run.
what frame is that =0 if its not a timing thing then how does i do eet?

/newb

speaking of which, that "pro" kid wasn't pro at all... i ***** him every time and im scrub. but it waaaas wifi and there was some lagg, but it was playable imo. He kinda lays on the c-stick... meh. who i am to judge, though?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
what frame is that =0 if its not a timing thing then how does i do eet?

/newb

speaking of which, that "pro" kid wasn't pro at all... i ***** him every time and im scrub. but it waaaas wifi and there was some lagg, but it was playable imo. He kinda lays on the c-stick... meh. who i am to judge, though?
idk the frame, you just kinda have to know when to start doing it lol. It is a timing thing, you just have to start running a little earlier but not so early that you throw.

Also, stop being nice to arrogant people. He sucks, and we all know he sucks. So just say it

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
idk the frame, you just kinda have to know when to start doing it lol. It is a timing thing, you just have to start running a little earlier but not so early that you throw.

Also, stop being nice to arrogant people. He sucks, and we all know he sucks. So just say it
k ill work on it, but its probably one of those impossible on wifi techs...

b-b-b-but... i do too =P

_Icy_

Smash Rookie
Is Marth's Dthrow CG on Fox a legit CG or do the Fox players I play against just suck >_>

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I recently heard some wierd stuff about what marth can do when he shields snakes ftilt. Someone said u can DS it since the first hit doesnt shield push or something and i heard u can sh counter it. Someone confirm/deny this plz.

C.J.

Smash Master
The CG on fox is fthrow->fthrow->dthrow x5->tipper fsmash.

Grab release to fair works on G&W according to MikeHAZE but kadaj says they can upB away from it in time, so idk which.

Grab release to spike on MK is legit ONLY if it's done over the edge so that you can run off and use your midair jump to do a rising dair. You have like a 2 frame window though, lol

Backlash, I've heard of those both, but never seen them pulled off consistently though, so idk

For MKs tornado, the most common thing I hear is to DI up and try to footstool out. Of course you should try to counter/nair/DS him out of it.

Marth's bad match-ups are MK and Snake. Some consider DDD even and other consider ROB and DK to be 55:45 against Marth

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Actually a lot of people think Marth:Snake is even, whilst there comments about Dedede are always filled with rage.

I dont necessarily think Marth:Snake is even, but Neo, Kadaj, ZMT, Candy, and others think it's fine.

Shame Snake players just doesn't know how to play gay against Marth as efficiently as he possibly could...

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
When you say "fthrow->fthrow->dthrow x5->tipper fsmash" you don't actually mean 2xfthrows INTO > dthrow x5 INTO fsmash tipper? Because honestly that doesn't work.

You mean Fthrow x2 INTO dthrow x2 INTO fsmash tipper?

Or dthrow x4 INTO forward smash tipper?

If either is wrong, please elaborate how this works, because it's not working when I try it.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure you can only CG a Fox a couple times (that is, if you want to fit the fsmash in).

@Inle~Orichas:

Um I guess a dtilt or something... really depends on the situation. If they're right about to do a recover move, then you can try dtilt in case they don't sweetspot it, or even fsmash since that goes under the stage a little. Or you can even time a upsmash to pull them up into the stage and stage spike em.

But course you can just edgeguard them in the air like usually with fairs and such. If you're not too good at this yet, then you can always predict their recover move, jump down and counter, which, depending which side you did it on, could stage spike them. In order to do this safetly though, you should wait for them to use their recover move first, and not just counter and then wait for their recover move, or else they could pull something else out and kill you XD.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
When you say "fthrow->fthrow->dthrow x5->tipper fsmash" you don't actually mean 2xfthrows INTO > dthrow x5 INTO fsmash tipper? Because honestly that doesn't work.

If either is wrong, please elaborate how this works, because it's not working when I try it.
Lol, you do the moves one right after the other, its a chaingrab practically. Just fthrow twice then dthrow 5 times then tipper. It does work, trust me I've been doing it on foxes for a long time now XD. If it doesnt work, then u messed up ur buffer.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Actually with further testing with the "how the heck I was able to F-air off the stage and without inputting anything get back to a standing position on that same floor maneuver"(lets call this F-air Floating),

I've found that this was a once in a lifetime glitch and I never expect anyone to master it to the point of implication. However I still want to know how it was possible in the first place. I suspect that it might have something to do with skidding from a full dash onto the very edge, doing a F-air that provides just enough forward momentum to get off the platform, and "A-Reversing" the momentum of the F-air. I have no video to prove this ever happened, but if it helps, it happened off the ledge on the right side of Battlefield. Any speculation would be greatly appreciated.

C.J.

Smash Master
Actually a lot of people think Marth:Snake is even, whilst there comments about Dedede are always filled with rage.

I dont necessarily think Marth:Snake is even, but Neo, Kadaj, ZMT, Candy, and others think it's fine.

Shame Snake players just doesn't know how to play gay against Marth as efficiently as he possibly could...
I wouldn't think it's quite even, but definitely doable. I've always thought that Marth:MK is 40:60, Marth:DDD is either 50/50 or 55/45 and Marth:Snake is 45:55. As for DK and ROB, I definitely think they're 50/50 but you certainly have to have a bit of exp against them as your normal spacing game doesn't quite work because of their tilts outranging you. But once you get used to it, I definitely see it as 50/50.

You throw, run forward, grab, fthrow, run forward, grab, dthrow, run backwards, grab, dthrow, run backwards, grab, dthrow, run backwards, grab, dthrow, run backwards, grab, dthrow, tipper fsmash. Like Backlash said, it's all about buffering the dashes into the grabs.
Marth also has this on Falco (I think it's only 3 dthrows though, maybe 4 idr) and I THINK Wolf.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
On Falco its fthrow x2, DThrow x3.

Wolf I think you can do it after 2 DThrows, I haven't had the chance to test it out.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Lol, you do the moves one right after the other, its a chaingrab practically. Just fthrow twice then dthrow 5 times then tipper. It does work, trust me I've been doing it on foxes for a long time now XD. If it doesnt work, then u messed up ur buffer.
Yeah but after the 3rd dthrow they go flying into the air, enough to either A)Airdodge(Is which case you could technically follow up with another grab) or B) Jump or attack.

Unless it's bad DI, I don't see it being Legit. Vid's plox.

MDJA109

Smash Cadet
are you guys trying the chain in training mode? if so there's no decay in your moves in training , which is a vital part in the chain on fox i believe, the decay reduces the damage and knockback of the throws which allows you to fthrow twice, dthrow five times, and position fox correctly for fmash tipper

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
are you guys trying the chain in training mode? if so there's no decay in your moves in training , which is a vital part in the chain on fox i believe, the decay reduces the damage and knockback of the throws which allows you to fthrow twice, dthrow five times, and position fox correctly for fmash tipper
No they shouldn't be practicing it in training mode hopefully, as it wouldn't work (as he stated).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Inle, it's exactly the same thing that makes the grab release to dair spike on meta knight work.
It's not a once in a life time glitch.

Whilst dashing towards 'run offs' you'll enter a state of being considered both on the ground and in the air, and if you stop you'll still be on stage.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
In that case, how do you do an aerial and get back onto the stage without jumping? (that's the part that makes me believe this is near impossible to repeat) I understand why it could work, I just don't understand why I can't repeat exactly what I did in the match.

Top Bottom