• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
quit running away from me and face me red X :mad:

LOL>_>

lawl,sucks we didnt get to fight at all
howd u do in singles ?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Hey....you didn't have money for a MM and when we tried to play, we had to get up olol

I did ok I guess. Maybe better than last Gauntlet, still went Ike the whole time =)
**** secondaries.

GOOD **** BORED

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ugh i only used ike once and that's cuz i was paired with G&W ;/

G&Wdittos=eww LOL

your ike mindgames on ace were too fun to watch lmao

anyway >_>,next time man

dam. bored....
really good stuff man >.>
*jeliz*

and you too brett=)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
OH SNAP

Inui got burned. So much for being "The best Ike along with M2K".
Nevertheless, it's pretty cool that out of the top four, three were Ikes. Ike is broken in low tiers!!!

Good **** Bored and Brett, I knew you guys would place well but I didn't think an Ike would win it let alone that Ikes in general would do that well.

:034:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ike's only bad matchups in low tiers is Sonic(if they allow him, they do over here >_>), and maybe Samus imo.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Bored =1 ($129. It would be nice to win that much.)
Brett = 9 (SCREW IT, this is my new least favorite number.)
Arturo= 17 (Silly Snake mains think they can play Ike for some reason.)

This was of... Kimchi said 57 entrants? Hm. Cool.

I actually could have gotten top 5 in LT singles, but I choked hard against Dojo's Falcon (partly because the tourney was so slow that I hadn't played any match in about 3 hours). Lost that in match 3, last stock.
If I had beaten Dojo's Falcon, I would have faced Inui's Ike. And I have no problem saying that I know the ditto better than he does.
It's kind of funny. His Ike is... well.. plain. To put it bluntly. He's still the very smart player that he is, but his Ike is so plain... and his dittos with Lee Martin were kind of lulzy. So if I had beaten Dojo, I really really think I could have beaten Inui and advanced to top 5. And if Lee would have played a ditto with me, I could have perhaps gotten 3rd.

(Why can I never break my stupid 9th place curse?)

But by that time in the tourney, I just wanted to go home and sleep anyway. And Bored got freaking food poisoning or something after a chili dog from hell, so we were both on super low biorhythm and only got 7th in low tier teams. We lost to Inui and Vex in losers... really close. I nearly came back 2v1 against them in a random burst of energy, but I straight up ate a Ganon Uair gimp after a full minute of wrecking them... and after that... I just didn't care anymore. We lost and both just passed out in a corner of the room.

I lost to Espy and Bored in regular singles.. getting ***** at 33rd of 71, but at least my losses were both 2-1 and close sets. Fun when a well-known player says he got legitimately scared of you in tourney. =P Espy's such a cool guy, though.

Anyway, I just got back to school and I'm going to go take a nap, which may last until tomorrow.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike's only bad matchups in low tiers is Sonic(if they allow him, they do over here >_>), and maybe Samus imo.
Ike goes even with Sonic.

Samus is 4-6.

EDIT: Oh LULZ I found this amazing gem by Inui:

Ike is the 5th worst character in the game because of multiple 90/10 and 80/20 counters amongst the good characters.
Why is he in the backroom again? He obviously doesn't know the game at all.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Bored is secretly RoK the Reaper.

How is Ike even with Sonic? ;_; I probably don't know the matchup well enough >_>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Use Nair more.

I play against Espy. Espy obviously pwns me because he so much better, but I can see how it's 50-50. Sonic has a hard time getting past Nairs and Jabs.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
i hate you
Don't hate, appreciate.

In all honesty though, I think I coulda done better in general while at HOBO. I believe my best games were when I played Yosh (Yoshi player who beat Bwett and kept owning me in friendlies at where we were staying), and Xyro. I felt like I was in the zone in those. After that, I had to wait an eternity, and I was out of sync vs Lee Martin for the most part.

Then I got food poisoning (worst stomach pains I've ever had, no exaggeration here) and low tier doubles and regular singles went downhill. Fatigue + Food Poisoning + waiting long hours per match = epic fail. Hell, a lot of people dropped out of singles cause it started too late.

Not trying to john, but I don't want to be judged on my overall performance yesterday. I had my moments, but overall, I played like a pile of crap. I wasn't nervous though, just out of sync. In the end though, no excuses.

Oh and that hotel we stayed at Saturday night? ****! That hotel is the ****. Best hotel I've ever been in. No joke.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Palpi:
VEX went Ganon in doubles. He hates Bowser in teams, apparently. His Ganon is good, though. Actually, he did a lot more to us than Inui did. He's the one that saved the team from losing both matches against us.

For Sonic= the match-up isn't that bad. 45-55 IMO...no worse than 6-4 in any way. I lost because he did a few things I'm not used to seeing from other Sonic players. All you have to do in the match-up is stay away from him... do not move in on Sonic. He'll move in on you. Wait for him to dash. Try to read what he's going to do out of the dash. I basically run away every time he dashes... you can land a lot of Bairs this way. Then, when you land a jab, do the normal jabs, grabs, and follow-ups. You can take tons of damage in this match-up without dying if you don't get gimped. Bair, Dsmash, and Fsmash are his kill moves and if you do the right things to avoid them (don't spot dodge too much, you'll eat a Bair), he won't be able to kill you easily. Don't use retreating Fairs in this match-up. And, really, I think I even use auto-canceled Bair more than Nair against Sonic.
It can be an annoying match-up, but at the same time, oddly fun. And annoying.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Bored =1 ($129. It would be nice to win that much.)
Brett = 9 (SCREW IT, this is my new least favorite number.)
Arturo= 17 (Silly Snake mains think they can play Ike for some reason.)
After 1v1 low tier I was thinking the best Ike's of all would be like this

1.Bored
2.kirk
3.san
99. slapz
100. Burrito

But then something pretty bad *** happened in doubles and we 4 stocked brett and bored in doubles :laugh: I'm not complete garbage yet but i should use ike more, then again i always say that but i never do maybe just studying ike would make him better for singles.

Also I beat inui and vex in low tiers single handedly.

My partner on game 5 did like 250% 1 kill then the last match he did 173% no kills. Pretty sure the first 3 games where like that lol, my back hurts :(

Lee and xyro where to good though maybe if the best Ike had been my partner we could have beaten them but not with scrubby falcon. :chuckle:

P.S. no johns!!!!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Well uhh....I fought Malcolm's Sonic(best Sonic in the world, right?) and he just straight out ***** me, I had no idea what to do except jab and grab, fair and nair lol
Malcolm used uairs to punish spot dodges and that was my mistake, spot dodging so much -___-
And I had a hard time hitting him, not my best match and got nervous -.-

Palpi

Smash Hero
Teh top sonics are like malcom,shugo,espy, and kai. Kai is the 2nd best around here i think redx, though he uses diddy and fox sometimes.

It is really REALLY hard if u dont know the match up. Kai 2 stocked me twice like 6 months ago.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Yea, I honestly have no clue what to do vs Sonic, wifi Sonics won't help me out in any way either >_>

Palpi

Smash Hero
if u can tell its a down b, charge quick draw, the worse than happens is he ends up jumping and u miss and you are neutral ground.

jab *****, retreating nairs or fair his approaches.

though if he has % lead he can easily bait you with his spin dash and cancels and **** mind****games.

DaButcher

Smash Cadet
I was playing around with Ike today and I need some confirmation.

Isn't grab->dthrow->aether a good tech chase?

I found it's pretty good in moderation. With not-so-good DI I've chained it 4 times in a row. Need to make sure. Dthrow->aether hasn't been mentioned much on the Ike boards.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I was playing around with Ike today and I need some confirmation.

Isn't grab->dthrow->aether a good tech chase?

I found it's pretty good in moderation. With not-so-good DI I've chained it 4 times in a row. Need to make sure. Dthrow->aether hasn't been mentioned much on the Ike boards.
It's actually been mentioned several times. Dthrow -> Aether is NOT a good choice to use. First off, you mentioned that you chained it 4 times in a row, because your opponents had "not-so-good DI". Now, what if said opponents actually developed "very-good DI?" They probably would be able to avoid it every single time. Good opponents will know to DI it and it's not much of a reward even if you do land it when you're comparing the reward with the high risk of getting punished hard. Dthrow -> Uair would probably be a better choice.

EDIT: 3 more rounds to win and I'm in Grand Finals. I have to play a Ganon next for the tournament, and I honestly don't know what to expect. I have never played a good Ganon in my life, lol. Kirk, do you have any tips for me?
:025:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
After 1v1 low tier I was thinking the best Ike's of all would be like this

1.Bored
2.kirk
3.san
99. slapz
100. Burrito

But then something pretty bad *** happened in doubles and we 4 stocked brett and bored in doubles :laugh: I'm not complete garbage yet but i should use ike more, then again i always say that but i never do maybe just studying ike would make him better for singles.

Also I beat inui and vex in low tiers single handedly.

My partner on game 5 did like 250% 1 kill then the last match he did 173% no kills. Pretty sure the first 3 games where like that lol, my back hurts :(

Lee and xyro where to good though maybe if the best Ike had been my partner we could have beaten them but not with scrubby falcon. :chuckle:

P.S. no johns!!!!
Nah, I'm not the best Ike. I mean, San recently won a tourny too if I recall. Here's my order.

1. San (Because he's a monster)
2. Kirk (Because he has the results)
3. Ren (Because he does work vs good players)
4. Bored (Because he's awesome)

Oh and funniest thing to happen at HOBO was when someone tripped over a power cord and took out 4 tvs during tournaments LOL.

EDIT: I'm probably gonna team with Phantom X's Ganon next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom