• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
a year from April, RoK was slightly better than me...and it's safe to say that over the summer, I easily eclipsed him. So stating that he is one of the best is far from true. Plus, his offline and online matches are all boasting or scrubby. It just shows his opponents doing the most idiotic things and he just going "LAWL F-SMASH" every single time.

I could list 10 Ikes that are better than RoK...

Ryko, San, Silven, Ren, Kimchi, Me, Edo, A_B, Durango, and NinjaLink.
;_; I'm not on the list. I don't spam Fsmash....

Kishin

Smash Ace
Well, I suck at power shielding and I like to jab out projectiles. I just thought this would be a way to do just that, and look cool while doing it.

Palpi

Smash Hero
If you suck at power shielding... practice, it is really effective.

The only ground "approach" that i get is either some sort of grab usually a pivot wave grab just because they look cooler with bthrows :)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
That is probably what caused RoK to get so cocky was that... But I'm not sure at all how good he is because the tournament he came to that I was at he didn't get any sleep the night before and was falling asleep watching matches and was sick (literally) in the morning... trust me this is true because I spent the night at Dphat's along with him and a few other smashers and that was just not his day for brawl, trust me. But I can't say how good he is off of the ****iest games he has ever played... I know it sounds like I'm making an excuse for him but trust me he was not doing well that day, just ask Teh Brettster, he was there...
no johns my friend error13 got like an hour of sleep the 2 days before final smash 5 and he still managed to get 45th at FS5 if he had used his olimar more he would have probably done better but he just wanted to try out more characters on all the new people.

Anyways if the aib community gave him that award then they are doomed to be nothing but wifi scrubs for ever. Did they never play bored?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
no johns my friend error13 got like an hour of sleep the 2 days before final smash 5 and he still managed to get 45th at FS5 if he had used his olimar more he would have probably done better but he just wanted to try out more characters on all the new people.

Anyways if the aib community gave him that award then they are doomed to be nothing but wifi scrubs for ever. Did they never play bored?
I think the AiB community "gave" him that award to mock him. Obviously he's not the best Ike. Slaps, you should really take a look at this list. http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=29977
All of those people are 5x better than Rok is.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Just out of curiosity... has anyone played as Ike in Brawl+? He can't combo nearly as well as I hoped he could, but he's soooooooooooooooo broken in terms of edgeguarding; Eruption, reverse USmash, and DTilt are all amazing against people who fail to sweetspot. Aether is even more viable than ever, since people can't airdodge when they tumble; UTilt -> Aether works really well if they don't DI (and it's harder to DI in Brawl+ because of the reduced hitstun). DAir now combos into UAir... it's quite ridiculous. It doesn't seem like he got any specific buffing like other characters did (Lucas' UTilt was sped up or something, among other stuff), but the hitstun makes it much easier to string together hits.

... but now he's even more terrible at breaking out of combos :(.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have. He combos..

dthrow > usmash and FF nair > fair

Ike is beast at comboing and finishing the combo. his recovery is unchanged and still fail.

Guys, G&W might become a bad match up now :\ after playing ninjalink... G&W's Up B OoS = death to Ike when he's using aether...

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I have. He combos..

dthrow > usmash and FF nair > fair

Ike is beast at comboing and finishing the combo. his recovery is unchanged and still fail.

Guys, G&W might become a bad match up now :\ after playing ninjalink... G&W's Up B OoS = death to Ike when he's using aether...
Are we talking about Brawl+ still or normal Brawl?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Question...

For that glitch where Ike slides off a slanted ledge when using Aether, that's only if it hits a shield right?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
you don't even need to hit a shield for it to work... I have seen it happen when no one was there you just gotta hit the edge at like the perfect spot which is hard to do on purpose... for me it is just random but it doesn't happen much

Palpi

Smash Hero
I lost to a G&W in a tourney I felt terrible. I didn't think it was easy at all, then thedoom told me ike was a CP for G&W and i was like...no..

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I lost to a G&W in a tourney I felt terrible. I didn't think it was easy at all, then thedoom told me ike was a CP for G&W and i was like...no..
Counter? No. Right around the 4-6 to 45-55 range? Yes. It depends on who knows the match-up more, and the stage.

Palpi

Smash Hero
4-6 sounds good and that was the first one i have ever played i didn't do too bad. I then cp'd marth and 2 stocked him then the last match I suicided my first stock on halberd and barely lost.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
G&W's nair hits Ike in the worst places where he's vulnerable, so stages like battlefield actually hinder Ike in this regard. Keeping things vertically level is the best option. G&W's up B is also a bit hard to deal with. The only thing is that G&W can be pretty predictable with attacks you can outrange because of the longlasting hitboxes, so being proactive is good in this kind of match.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
I just want to say that today is A_B's birthday. Happy birthday A_B. Thanks for all the contributions you made to Ike so far. Even though you were discouraging at times, you really know your stuff and in the end, helped a lot of people out. Hopefully, you'll still be a great contributor in the future.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I just want to say that today is A_B's birthday. Happy birthday A_B. Thanks for all the contributions you made to Ike so far. Even though you were discouraging at times, you really know your stuff and in the end, helped a lot of people out. Hopefully, you'll still be a great contributor in the future.
Oh wow, I didn't know that today is his birthday. Happy birthday, Arturito!

I wish there was a prominent G&W user in IL... the only one in the Midwest that I can think of is Needle of Juntah, and he's from MI (if I recall correctly).

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol thanks people stayed up till midnight just to wish me happy birthday =P.

My friends took me to see the haunting in Connecticut as some sort of man hood test which was kind of fun. Tomorrow I'm just going to celebrate by having a smashfest and a few non smashing friends over seems kind of lame for my 18th birthday but meh its what I have the most fun doing.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Who here is going to Apex? If so I want to Ike Ditto (and meet) everyone. I have only played ryko like 4 times at one tourney and I was terribad then. I did briefly meet Ussi though. :)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Happy Birthday, A_B. Hope it was good today.

I might be going to Apex. It depends if my parents actually calm down for once, then some friends I met at brawl locals would drive me there.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Just wondering, but is there a way to wall tech jump efficiently every time? I keep getting the timing wrong and only performing a wall tech and even with that, I sometimes struggle. Is constantly tapping R or L the best way to pull a tech off or do you have to get the exact timing?

Kishin

Smash Ace
What's the lucario match up? How do I beat lucario? The match-up doesn't help much, lucario combos the crap out of me and F-smashes or Aura spheres me out of aether when I'm trying to recover. He can gimp Ike so easily...

metroid1117

Smash Master
Just wondering, but is there a way to wall tech jump efficiently every time? I keep getting the timing wrong and only performing a wall tech and even with that, I sometimes struggle. Is constantly tapping R or L the best way to pull a tech off or do you have to get the exact timing?
I think (not 100% sure on all the details) the way it worked in Melee was that you had to press it at least 20 frames before you hit a surface (not too bad, 1/3rd of a second) and if you pressed L/R once and didn't tech off of anything, you cannot tech for 30 frames (not sure if that's 30 frames after the 20 frame window or just 30 frames after you pressed R/L; pretty sure it's just 30 frames after you pressed R/L). The game will also not register a tech input if you pressed it during hitlag.

That, however, is Melee; from my experience in playing against my brother, the system is similar, if not the same. You definitely cannot press L/R during hitlag, but you obviously have to hit it before you get hit. Depending on the attack and the distance you are from the wall, you have to wait for a split second to press R/L. If it's something like MK's DAir stagespiking you, you should be able to get away with pressing L/R right after you see/hear yourself getting hit.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Yeah, you're correct about the frame data regarding teching. I know you have to press it before you actually hit the wall to tech contrary to public belief, but suppose you're at 150% and you got hit by Ness's PKT2. Something of that caliber would stun you briefly in the air and then send you flying so quick. How do you time the tech for something of that sort? And I don't mean just wall teching I mean wall tech jumping.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yeah, you're correct about the frame data regarding teching. I know you have to press it before you actually hit the wall to tech contrary to public belief, but suppose you're at 150% and you got hit by Ness's PKT2. Something of that caliber would stun you briefly in the air and then send you flying so quick. How do you time the tech for something of that sort? And I don't mean just wall teching I mean wall tech jumping.
Wall tech jumping can be performed by holding up while you tech; I'm not 100% sure, but if you walljump out of a tech without stopping you momentum somehow (using an attack), you might be sent too far for Aether to work if you don't react quickly enough.

Naturally, teching gets harder and harder the more damage you accumulate and the closer you are to the wall; there's more frames of hitlag the more damage you have, which can throw off your timing. I don't think the timing is changed too drastically though, so I think you can just time it so that you press R/L when hitlag ends; you'll need a feel for the amount of hitlag to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom