• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
ok people, shut up and stop talking about PC and MAC -_-...if you're gonna post something irrelevant to the topic, at least put something relevant later in the post. For example...

rofl rofl rofl, CK made another idiotic post, now that's 2,347 dumb posts made by him. I hope the Conficker Virus gets you.

Metroid, those Brawl + videos, I noticed you guys don't use air dodge when you get launched, is it cause the air dodge works like the Melee system? Also, in one match vs the DK on FD, it almost looked like you were chaining B-Throws on him in the very beginning of the match o_O.

And I might be going to WHOBO...input needed from people.

Now see? Notice how the CK comment was relevant to the topic and everything else was random crap and spam.

comboking

Smash Master
That virus will try but it won't get me. Because most of the time i'm on the Internet channel on the wii

Nice matches metroid

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Bored, if you DO go to WHOBO, where would you be housed? KhaoZ and I are in a hotel with like 15 other guys, sharing two rooms.
If you come, I could give you a ride and I wouldn't charge any more for gas than I would if I had 4 of 5 people coming. Or would you have a ride sorted out?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
ok people, shut up and stop talking about PC and MAC -_-...if you're gonna post something irrelevant to the topic, at least put something relevant later in the post. For example...

rofl rofl rofl, CK made another idiotic post, now that's 2,347 dumb posts made by him. I hope the Conficker Virus gets you.

Metroid, those Brawl + videos, I noticed you guys don't use air dodge when you get launched, is it cause the air dodge works like the Melee system? Also, in one match vs the DK on FD, it almost looked like you were chaining B-Throws on him in the very beginning of the match o_O.

And I might be going to WHOBO...input needed from people.
You should go I can't be your partner anymore but its going to be worth the fun plus xyro said there are 40 28$ anime cards it might be possible to work out a deal and reserve one in advanced from duggfin or xyro.

Bored, if you DO go to WHOBO, where would you be housed? KhaoZ and I are in a hotel with like 15 other guys, sharing two rooms.
If you come, I could give you a ride and I wouldn't charge any more for gas than I would if I had 4 of 5 people coming. Or would you have a ride sorted out?
HAHAHA you gotta share with all those people! I got a room with just me, Melee1, Ruddy, and Platypus (possibly Samboner but doubt it)
Where are you all going to be? I'm arriving saturday and staying about 20 minutes away from the venue with a friends family and I want to play friendlies with people.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Where are you all going to be? I'm arriving saturday and staying about 20 minutes away from the venue with a friends family and I want to play friendlies with people.
not sure where I am staying at, it was said to be like 2 miles from the venue... Platypus is reserving the room tonight, and yes, I am sure the room is still available I was on the phone with him when he checked to make sure... Arturito, when are you getting in town? because depending on how long I am going to be houston during the weekdays if my parents dont plan on leaving houston til thursday i am just gonna stay at a smashfest for the night while Ruddy and Melee1 drive down. But if you get there earlier in the week I can possibly get my parents to let you in our hotel room just to friendly while I am still in town... Wanna give me your # in case i need to contact you?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lulz @ topic title.

And I won't be going to WHOBO. Too far, still no job. Might be going to a local tournament that day/weekend.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Melee1 is offering me a free ride and free hotel spot. All I have to do is pay for my venue fee and crap (which would be 65) and food. If I end up going to WHOBO, I dun think I'll be going to a weekly for a month ;_;

And I lol'ed at the topic discussion.

And A_B, I dun think I want to pay for Doubles entry anyways...I'm dirt poor =/

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
ARTURO:
The Woodlands North
28673 I-45 North
The Woodlands, TX 77381
That should be address of the La Quinta Inn where I'm staying..?
And if I can manage to get one of the $28 tickets, I'll freaking pay for you to team with me. Or you, Bored. (No, not you, Slaps. We're probably just going to do the GB thing later on several times for no moneyz.)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Hey Brett you teaming with TJ??? I'm teaming with Platypus =]

Fox+Ike= Win =]
EDIT: nvm he is going MK Ike+MK= accidental TKs! =[

also ask Xyro or Dugfin if they have any $28 badges left because if they do reserve one immediately almost half price Bored

EDIT: This thread has officially been taken over by the TX Ike players!

Player-1

Smash Legend
We'll I've been meaning to ask this for a long while, but have been to lazy to post here.

Several months back I was playing and Ike player and when he was recovering with his Up-B I powershielded it and he got pushed back off the edge and died. I'm assuming Ike players know about this and don't worry about it too much since it's hard to pull off, but do you have any info on this?

Also, I saved a replay about a month or 2 ago of my friend playing Ike, and he was recovering with Ike using his side-b, and he hit me with it in the air, but I was invincible to his attack somehow. Since we were both in the air is it possible that hitbox started to come out beause it read that I was infront of him but then dodged it by falling?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
well I called Dugfinn and I left a message because she didn't pick up so hopefully she will get back to me later tonight but not sure most likely by tomorrow ill find out

metroid1117

Smash Master
Several months back I was playing and Ike player and when he was recovering with his Up-B I powershielded it and he got pushed back off the edge and died. I'm assuming Ike players know about this and don't worry about it too much since it's hard to pull off, but do you have any info on this?
Was this at Yoshi Story? It could be the infamous Blast-off Glitch. If the Ike player uses Aether and lands on a slope, shielding the descending part of the attack sends him sliding off the slope.

EDIT: *watches Arturito's video* Apparently, it works on any slope.

Also, I saved a replay about a month or 2 ago of my friend playing Ike, and he was recovering with Ike using his side-b, and he hit me with it in the air, but I was invincible to his attack somehow. Since we were both in the air is it possible that hitbox started to come out beause it read that I was infront of him but then dodged it by falling?
The "trigger" hitbox for QD is very odd; the attack will be triggered by people on the edge if you QD towards them. I'm just going to guess that it's one of those times where QD was triggered but the hitbox for the actual attack missed.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
not sure where I am staying at, it was said to be like 2 miles from the venue... Platypus is reserving the room tonight, and yes, I am sure the room is still available I was on the phone with him when he checked to make sure... Arturito, when are you getting in town? because depending on how long I am going to be houston during the weekdays if my parents dont plan on leaving houston til thursday i am just gonna stay at a smashfest for the night while Ruddy and Melee1 drive down. But if you get there earlier in the week I can possibly get my parents to let you in our hotel room just to friendly while I am still in town... Wanna give me your # in case i need to contact you?
yah its 915-691-2785 you can pm or text me yours if you want.

ARTURO:

That should be address of the La Quinta Inn where I'm staying..?
And if I can manage to get one of the $28 tickets, I'll freaking pay for you to team with me. Or you, Bored. (No, not you, Slaps. We're probably just going to do the GB thing later on several times for no moneyz.)
sorry I got a partner I'll be sure to drop by though my mom is actually coming to this because my friend wanted to leave at 4 am with out sleep sunday mourning to come back to a concert here and she said screw it I'll go to and drive I don't want you all dieing because someone falls asleep on the road. so long story short my mom might stay in the same hotel and I can sleep there if I want so meh.

And I lol'ed at the topic discussion.

And A_B, I dun think I want to pay for Doubles entry anyways...I'm dirt poor =/
thats right I'm always on topic.

We'll I've been meaning to ask this for a long while, but have been to lazy to post here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsPTDFCk24 that thing?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wait, did you say you're arriving on Saturday, Arturo? I think I'm only staying there on Friday night.. Saturday, I think, the Dallas crew is staying at another guy's house like an hour and a half out of Houston.
Here. 214-729-1880 Text me if you want.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
don't forget guys that not allowed to do wall infinite must release into something after 5, i believe jab counts as cancelling your infinite so you can just f-throw-jab-regrab

EDIT: YAY SAME HOTEL AS YOU BRETT

theeboredone

Smash Legend
don't forget guys that not allowed to do wall infinite must release into something after 5, i believe jab counts as cancelling your infinite so you can just f-throw-jab-regrab

EDIT: YAY SAME HOTEL AS YOU BRETT
People can SDI out of Jab cancel...you would have to be an idiot to get jabbed like nuts...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
theres a few characters that can DI out of it and jump you wouldn't have to bother with the jab

Yagami and kirk vanished though so idk who can test that so we could cheat the rules a bit.

Palpi

Smash Hero
It is pretty much stalling (most commonly using the method of drop downing and regrabbing the edge) to let the time run out or force your opponent to be overly aggresive and do something stupid.

metroid1117

Smash Master
WTF? That's so ********. But I guess only a few characters can keep planking going on so effectively, but that would be nearly impossible to approach -_-...I know us Ikes have counter, but still...

I heard it's banned in the east coast.
MK is amazing at planking, that's part of the reason why people think he should be banned.

People are either thinking of or trying out the Japanese Edge Grab Rule - since the game keeps a count of how many times you grab the edge, players who grab the edge more than X number of times (I think the Japanese have 70, but other people might change it depending on preference), then the players in question will either lose the match or be DQ'd.

Ike can plank moderately well with reverse QD (jump under the stage and QD away from the edge), but it's nothing compared to what characters like MK can do.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
MK is amazing at planking, that's part of the reason why people think he should be banned.

People are either thinking of or trying out the Japanese Edge Grab Rule - since the game keeps a count of how many times you grab the edge, players who grab the edge more than X number of times (I think the Japanese have 70, but other people might change it depending on preference), then the players in question will either lose the match or be DQ'd.

Ike can plank moderately well with reverse QD (jump under the stage and QD away from the edge), but it's nothing compared to what characters like MK can do.
That system of counting seems a bit hard and too much work for us americans lol. Anyways, I hear G&W is a pretty good planker as well. Ike is decent, but the fact that a character like Marth can easily **** him. Heck, another Ike could as well. Planking in general is just about predicting right, but if you lose, it doesn't work too well in your favor.

I heard planking was banned at COT 4, so we'll see what goes down for WHOBO

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
wtf are you talking about??? wouldn't QDing away from the edge kill you since i mean its away from the edge? and QD is a horizontal move so how would you recover from under the stage? Did i misunderstand or did you word this wrong because I think you know all I just stated just what you posted doesn't sound correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom