• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That would hurt lol

Then again, no sympathy.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
use your third leg to stand up

just..make sure you brush off all the meat riders first

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If it's a rochester tourney, entrance fees are usually only $5, and venue fee ranges from $5 to $10, so if you can get a ride, you really only need to worry about food lol.But I understand how money could be tight at the moment.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Frzn: Donate blood. You can make money like that.

"The thing about that...I want money...I want women...status...and power. I want everything this world's selling, and eternity's topping the list."

Greed (Full Metal Alchemist)

So I'm not planning on giving up any blood unless it gets beat out of me, especially after what happened the last time I had blood drawn from me at the clinic.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i dont live up there though so as any normal person on the internet would react it should be creepy

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I've come to realize that Brotherhood has a similar plotline to KH1.

As far as smash goes, how is the wavebouncing Counter recovery (or something like that) going?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
the original FMA was decent

FMA brotherhood has a better plot, still the same sub-par animation. Cant expect too much out of japanese animation now-adays

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
those two are movies lol
i was talking about anime series'

spirited away was just ...amazing tho

shows like
Pokemon(later seasons), YUGIOH(last 2 seasons),Naruto, bleach, FMA, and One piece
stuff that starts lacking in quality once it starts becoming popular=/

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thats because its a fad in the united states right now, at least with OUR generation, that japanese stuff is popular

most idiots go for main stream low quality stuff; although with FMA brotherhood people would argue about quality. When i talk about quality i mean overall quality not OH MY ITS SOO PRETTY. Most people dont realise that main stream japanese anime runs off of 3-4 frames of 'pretty' drawings and animation. True, HIGHER quality animation runs off of more rugged, organic drawings and are typically 2 frames per drawing[this is why its vastly better]. To better understand this look at older disney films where its much more easier to see line work.

example; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVvwcgQpyqU

there prolly isnt a good example of rugged linework of it online, but i have the original on VHS which clearly shows how rugged it is.

i go for my boys miyazaki and otomo :waypastcool:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
no one answered my question about why japanese fan art always has ike with a thing of meat/bone

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats because its a fad in the united states right now, at least with OUR generation, that japanese stuff is popular

most idiots go for main stream low quality stuff; although with FMA brotherhood people would argue about quality. When i talk about quality i mean overall quality not OH MY ITS SOO PRETTY. Most people dont realise that main stream japanese anime runs off of 3-4 frames of 'pretty' drawings and animation. True, HIGHER quality animation runs off of more rugged, organic drawings and are typically 2 frames per drawing[this is why its vastly better]. To better understand this look at older disney films where its much more easier to see line work.

example; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVvwcgQpyqU

there prolly isnt a good example of rugged linework of it online, but i have the original on VHS which clearly shows how rugged it is.

i go for my boys miyazaki and otomo :waypastcool:

As far as im concerned, the best looking anime series right now is Final Fantasy 13

@lastpost,
maybe cause ike is gay...

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman

As far as im concerned, the best looking anime series right now is Final Fantasy 13

@lastpost,

Not gonna argue on that one. Because of course something must be going on between Ike and Soren in the end of RD (A support) because of course something must be going on if they go off on a journey alone never to be seen again

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

@lastpost,
aa hah right

im kinda disappointed you didnt make a KH joke in order to piss me off

yall should tell me a story about the game ike was in, because while i do have Shadow Dragons. I doubt ill ever finish it because i just dont do tactical games =\

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ike is the son of Griel, the leader of the Griel mercenaries, they go around killing bandits and **** to help villages. Griel dies when he fights the Black Knight, Ike becomes leader of the Griel mercenaries. Ike wants to avenge his father sooner or later but he's too weak (the Black Knight is too OP at times when he appears in some chapters >_>). Ike and his group find some girl earlier in the game and she apparently is the princess of a nation in war. They have to protect her throughout the game because she hired them. Eventually, Ike builds up an army and beats the main nation that was at war with the princess' nation.

And that's Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I'm obviously not good at summarizing.

Yea, I don't feel like talking about Radiant Dawn >.>

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

As far as smash goes, how is the wavebouncing Counter recovery (or something like that) going?
Eh, still trying to ascertain whether or not it's actually useful. Using it while hit will make Ike bounce upwards a little bit so that's pretty useful as is, I suppose. Plus it turns you around so you can hit them with your fastest aerial if they try to edgeguard + it's a good position for reverse Aether. Will test more later, probably.

As far as mainstream anime goes, I don't think One Piece is bad in terms of overall quality. Even the fillers are better than Naruto and Bleach, actually. The show is still fun to watch (for me, anyway) even 400+ episodes in. Can't say the same for the other mainstream stuff, sadly. Also please do not compare mainstream anime with Spirited Away, hahaha. Spirited Away is simply amaaaaaazzzing.

As far as Ike being gay goes, I don't think it's as much that as so much that he has a deep relationship with Soren. Going away on a trip together is what Raven and Lucius did in FE7 as well and I'm not willing to call them gay either. Heather in FE10 is definitely a lesbian, though.

Also I just started FMA this week! I can't really say too much but it's definitely enjoyable so far. Shall I assume it continues being fun?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Ike is the son of Griel, the leader of the Griel mercenaries, they go around killing bandits and **** to help villages. Griel dies when he fights the Black Knight, Ike becomes leader of the Griel mercenaries. Ike wants to avenge his father sooner or later but he's too weak (the Black Knight is too OP at times when he appears in some chapters >_>). Ike and his group find some girl earlier in the game and she apparently is the princess of a nation in war. They have to protect her throughout the game because she hired them. Eventually, Ike builds up an army and beats the main nation that was at war with the princess' nation.

And that's Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I'm obviously not good at summarizing.

Yea, I don't feel like talking about Radiant Dawn >.>
why? what about radiant dawn?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Radiant Dawn has too many important details+I don't remember the story line that well but the game is amazing.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Maybe I should get into the FMA manga.. I have been running out of good manga to watch recently (mostly like seinen)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
My theory is that Ike is not interested in anybody romantically (mainly due to FE10 screwing over the support system. He was going to hook up with whatshername in FE9 dang it), and Soren is rather clingy to Ike due to the fact of being a branded and very few people treating him normally. Same basic idea with Micaiah(sp?)/Sothe and Stefan when it comes to his people.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The VA is darn good, and the story itself is pretty good. However, the story goes completely away from the Manga and makes its own ending. The manga is still going on and the second anime (only in japanese) is more accurate to the manga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist#Differences_in_the_first_anime_adaptation
Oh, that's good. It'll give me an excuse to check out the manga as well!

Thanks, bored.

EDIT: I feel somewhat the same way, Niddo. I always thought he was going to hook up with Elincia but decided that the court life wasn't worth it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My theory is that Ike is not interested in anybody romantically (mainly due to FE10 screwing over the support system. He was going to hook up with whatshername in FE9 dang it), and Soren is rather clingy to Ike due to the fact of being a branded and very few people treating him normally. Same basic idea with Micaiah(sp?)/Sothe and Stefan when it comes to his people.
Look, aside from risking an STD, banging a hot chick should be #1 Priority in every man's life. Now I'm not saying Ike is gay or anything, but I'm saying he needs to fix his priorities.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Look, aside from risking an STD, banging a hot chick should be #1 Priority in every man's life. Now I'm not saying Ike is gay or anything, but I'm saying he needs to fix his priorities.
I'd say that assembling a ragtag team of mercenaries to take over a country while being incredibly manly clocks in at a close second, so his priorities aren't super screwed up.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'd say that assembling a ragtag team of mercenaries to take over a country while being incredibly manly clocks in at a close second, so his priorities aren't super screwed up.
Indeed.

However, I don't think he realized the war was over and he could stop taking steroids. Eventually, he came to the realization he no longer had any balls due to said steroids, and fled the continent in shame. And then Elincia went "Meh, Geoffrey has blue hair, close enough."

Why Soren tagged along is rather a mystery, one I'd rather not dwell on too much.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Okay so, we have a good Ike player named Soren coming up in NYC. San apparently has known him for a long time and has played with him a lot on Wi-Fi. Soren just got his Wifi back after not playing Brawl for 8 months and I got a chance to play him. His mechanics are great and he makes some very excellent reads. San and I have both recommended him to join Smash Boards. He just needs to fix up some bad habits and I think he will be a potential excellent Ike player in NYC. I'm going to upload videos later of him.
Soren?... what's his username? 'itsnameisgundam' maybe? If that's him then I know this guy. O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom