• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow vs. Blaster

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Me and my friend are having a friendly debate. We were arguing whether Pit's Palutena's Arrow or Falco's Blaster is the game's most annoying projectile. I voted Falco's, while my friend voted Pit's.

My points:
Falco's Blaster can be fired in such rapid succession, the damage builds up faster.
"Laser lock"
Stops/Greatly decreases all chance of recovery

His Points:
Pit's Palutena's Arrow can bend
"Arrow Looping"
Arrows can be charged and delayed, so the opponent will have a harder time predicting when they will be fired.

Anyone care to give their input?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
"Stops/Greatly decreases all chance of recovery" applies to Pit's arrows too. Have you ever seen how they affect a character such as Ike?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Personally I find I have more problems with Wolf's than any other.

Spazz_Man

Smash Rookie
Really it comes down to what character you are playing against them, but all in all I would have to say Pit's arrows. They do have a better maneuverability and they go much farther than Falso's ever can. I also should mention that Pit's arrow firing position can be changed as well, firing directly up in case the opponent decides the arrows are too dangerous weaving around a stage. I do agree that the delay with the arrow can make for some tricky mental combat as well as physical :D

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
No, its not equal. It never will be. Pit's arrows are the most annoying. No denying that.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I would definitely have to say Pit's arrows. They are much harder to avoid, and generally do more damage. Blasters are mostly used by players to harass their opponent and refresh their moves, but I've never seen anyone do that with Pit's arrows. Or perhaps I'm just biased because I find Pit really annoying.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
pits arrows, seconded by pikachu's thunder jolt. that little bugger hugs the wall and gets you while you're hanging there. and that sucks with such characters as ike. then again, vs ike, falco, pit and pika's projectiles are pretty bad lol

i do think that pits arrows have the most flash :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Palutena's Arrow. Its duration lasts longer than Falco's Blaster. It moves quicker, but Falco can fire more than Pit. It can also be altered, something Falco's Blaster is unable to do.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
geez you guys need to stop bringing up characters you don't per say main. Still the arrows do affect Ike much more than others with better recoveries.

Most annoying: Pit's arrows, then Falco's laser. Pika's tjolt has nothing on Ike, his fists clank tjolt. Pit's arrows are just annoying since you need to work on avoiding it during recovery, and to be careful you don't lose you're 2nd jump by it. As long as you have your 2nd jump you can recover. Plus Pit can add mind games to his arrows and change it's direction. Falco's laser just gets annoying but its much more feasible to avoid since it can't be controlled. It's more of force approach and interrupt.

Mashour2

Smash Apprentice
Pit's arrows are EXTREMELY annoying. You have no idea what it's like to have no projectiles that work against a great Pit, while he spams you with arrows.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pit's arrows are EXTREMELY annoying. You have no idea what it's like to have no projectiles that work against a great Pit, while he spams you with arrows.
This is subjective. I have played Rouge Pit many many times. So I know. idk about the OP though, or anyone else here.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
"Stops/Greatly decreases all chance of recovery" applies to Pit's arrows too. Have you ever seen how they affect a character such as Ike?
OK, but having your recovery nerfed by an Arrow, while easy to do, doesn't compare to how ridiculously easier it is for Falco to nerf recovery with a short hop double/triple Blaster.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Neither.

Nanners are much more annoying than either of those projectiles could ever dream of being.

cutter

Smash Champion
At least you can block arrows with other attacks. Falco's lasers provide no such option.

I'm surprised that so many people think Pit's arrows >>> Falco's lasers. One of the big reasons why Falco is 3rd on the tier list is because his lasers are THAT good.

Where's Pit on the tier list again? This isn't March 2008.

ozzie544

Smash Cadet
i think oits arrows are anoying because they stun you for a sec and do not have a max distence and do good damge

ozzie544

Smash Cadet
yah but pits shield could block both of them so pit is whay more annoying dont you think so i mean i am i righ or wrong you tell me.

cutter

Smash Champion
Honestly arrows aren't annoying as long as you know what you're doing. The fact that you can just outprioritize the arrows with a myriad amount of attacks make them a lot less harder to overcome... unlike Falco's lasers where you need a meatshield (ie pikmin or waddle dees) to block them without a shield.

Then again, I do play G&W... who hardcounters Pit.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Pit's arrows are more annoying, because if you're dealing with those, you're playing against Pit, the most annoying character in the game.

cutter

Smash Champion
^^^ WTF? From your character icon it looks like you play as G&W. G&W should never be annoyed by Pit; ever.

It feels like I took a time machine back to March of '08 when people were like "OMG PIT 4 TOP TIER HIZ ARROWZ ARE 2 L33T!!!!!!!!!!1111"

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
A Falco that knows how to SHDL well is extremely annoying to fight

I'd say Falco.

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
^^^ WTF? From your character icon it looks like you play as G&W. G&W should never be annoyed by Pit; ever.

It feels like I took a time machine back to March of '08 when people were like "OMG PIT 4 TOP TIER HIZ ARROWZ ARE 2 L33T!!!!!!!!!!1111"
Its not that... Pit's annoying regardless of what character you main. Hes... Pit. :s

HIYAYAYAYAAAAA

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
/thread

10nanarz
^ agreed entirely >_>

But from me, having playing both Pit and Falco, Falco's projectile and camping game is better than Pit's and to top it off Falco can do Laser -> Boost Smash for a ko.

If I'm not mistaken, lasers come out much faster than arrows ._.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Sorry WolfCypher, I'm gonna have to agree with your friend. Pit's arrows beats Falco's lasers hands down.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
The fact that Pit's arrows can be charged & stalled, along with the ability to alter its trajectory is pushing me towards Pit's arrows. I should know; I mained him the first 6 months upon Brawl's release.

However, Falco is a douche, and I eternally hate him and everything about him...so dumb laser lock lasers get my vote.

I <3333 turnips!

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Falco's lasers combo (real combos) far better, with the ability to perform any action the moment he uses a laser. The only way Pit can do a true combo with arrows is with looping, and that takes much longer than something that is virtually instant. Range isn't an issue here, since both go the full length of Bridge of Elden. Falco's SHDL and SHL are much better than Pit's arrows, and much more versatile. Have you ever seen a Pit use an arrow in close range? Yet Falco's lasers can be used at any range. And to those that say Pit's are flashier: SILENCED laser to RBPG. The opponent is instantly stunned by something they can't even hear and get the Falco slides through them while grabbing. Insanely Epic.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Falcos laser sets him up for other attacks. But yea I fing Falco is more annoying.

Top Bottom