• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Prove yourselves as much of a fanboy as I am...

Get the series and the character this is portraying in 3 guesses.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
How many active Smash players are in Central AR?
Me, Yoshiman, VTS, Ace, Chamberlin, and G. Vice are the main ones. The March Hare and Raven Knight are competitive and live an hour south of us. Seif and Skye enter tourneys but are mostly done with the game. Yosh and Kirby play Brawl but have recently joined us for some Melee (which is awesome).

So around 11 or 12? But there are a lot of random people who show up to tourneys, and OOS presence is usually good.

Kvothe the Bloodless
I read this as Kvetko the Bloodlust.

/need to read that series

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Prove yourselves as much of a fanboy as I am...

Get the series and the character this is portraying in 3 guesses.

Why, he's looking quite
SPOOK
y there.

-edit- Dam it Yoshi, beating me too it.

Wow, are you really far enough now to understand the blindfold?

I read this as Kvetko the Bloodlust.
You mean Kvetko the Bloodedge.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Why, he's looking quite
SPOOK
y there.

-edit- Dam it Yoshi, beating me too it.

Wow, are you really far enough now to understand the blindfold?

You mean Kvetko the Bloodedge.
He means Kvetko the Bloodied.

Also, fun games last night guys. Sorry I had to run off, but you know how duty calls.

Especially fun games with Ace. That was a blast. I really have got to get better versus Falco though.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
He means Kvetko the Bloodied.

Also, fun games last night guys. Sorry I had to run off, but you know how duty calls.

Especially fun games with Ace. That was a blast. I really have got to get better versus Falco though.
I think I started trash talking you guys as a joke back when those rare victories "meant" something. And even now, I only do it when I win with a strange character or the situation calls for it. Has nothing to do with me getting better or arrogance or anything. 'sall fun :p

also seif is a terrible (or great) influence when it comes to trash talking and trolling

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The commentary was a livestream only thing, it won't be on the YouTube vids.
Gah this is why I don't like streams. Very rarely is a livestream complemented by good quality matches with commentary in this community because our computers suck. So... why does the livestream take precedence? Again, SBW and MIST are recent and sad examples.

/youtube4lyfe

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I think I started trash talking you guys as a joke back when those rare victories "meant" something. And even now, I only do it when I win with a strange character or the situation calls for it. Has nothing to do with me getting better or arrogance or anything. 'sall fun :p

also seif is a terrible (or great) influence when it comes to trash talking and trolling
You talk trash to me all the time when you beat me with your main punk.

:)

s'all good. You know Imma talk smack no matter what.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313252

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect... the original, where you can't counterpick to any stage you have won on.

The Big House was played on bizarro rules then. Interesting experiment anyway. It definitely killed whatever stage diversity we have though.

"We are now using a scaling ban system. The plan is to hopefully open up the doubles counterpick stage list. Stages will always be added in pairs, and with each pair, one ban will be added to each team. The pairs generally have to be weighed against each other (with consideration for viable characters), so that teams will generally be comfortable on at least half of the counterpick stages. The scaling ban system is also being used in singles."

Good idea, but complicated. I'll still play every set on BF and Yoshi's if I can :D

"And while you have to win on Dreamland and Stadium, spacies now have to beat you on FD and Yoshi's/FoD."

Addressing the no bans in a Bo5. Kinda true I guess, although being forced to play FD makes me a sad korean panda. This last Pathways was a rude awakening to that reality.

"Also, like I said in the OP: This is tentative. Provide a solid enough backing for removing PS and it will happen. Or you can keep whining and accomplish nothing. I am okay with removing PS and having the 5 neutrals on for singles, but there needs to be enough support to do so, as well as sufficient evidence of imbalance."

Ohoho, juicy. Bet Clay likes the sound of this ;)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313252

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect... the original, where you can't counterpick to any stage you have won on.

The Big House was played on bizarro rules then. Interesting experiment anyway. It definitely killed whatever stage diversity we have though
For The Big House, I originally planned on using the new MBR ruleset, which supposed to be posted weeks ago. But that was delayed so much that I had to kinda create my "own" ruleset for The Big House based on my knowledge of the discussions that were happening within the MBR.

Gah this is why I don't like streams. Very rarely is a livestream complemented by good quality matches with commentary in this community because our computers suck. So... why does the livestream take precedence? Again, SBW and MIST are recent and sad examples.

/youtube4lyfe
We had the livestream set up, but also used splitters for a separate recording to be uploaded to YouTube as a high-quality digital copy. For the YouTube vids from The Big House, I'm including crowd audio (which we recorded separately on another laptop) but no commentary because I've learned that commentary on livestreams is way too inconsistent to be included in the forever-lasting YouTube vids. The livestream didn't really take precedence.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I think you could guarantee quality (or at least consistent) commentary on big sets and only record then. That would probably be the easiest solution that still allows for stream. Or just record audio all day if your computer can handle it, then ask those who watched the stream what sets have good commentary. idk, just some ideas.

really really good job though :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah I had to do the same for Pathways, Cactuar was kjlfjaldsfljkfd about getting the new ruleset out. btw terral asked me about a ruleset so yea

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
if you're gonna be like that, the only true visser three that we see is a slug in a jar (and he's visser one by that point, then nothing at all)

besides, the almighty FILENAME decrees it

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
ANIMORPHS WAS SO AMAZING.
Also, I figured I should say hey since I met a few of you guys at Pathways.
Isn't it weird that I mod this region and not the one I live in anymore?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

"Although helpless, the Ellimist wished to do something to "soothe" Rachel right before she died, given that souls do not exist in their universe.

Whilst in the frozen time, the Ellimist recounts the story of his life so as to try and explain to a weeping and raging Rachel whether her life, characterized and engulfed by despair and the violating corruption she had to endure, along with her death—had made a difference, and whether it was all worth it. She was 16 years old at the time of her death."

This ten year old boy had never had a character die on him except Thorin Oakenshield and Boromir :(

and Gandalf kinda

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
This ten year old boy had never had a character die on him except Thorin Oakenshield and Boromir :(
I don't even know what to say about animorphs. Except when and if I have children I'll let them read the first 30 books and then tell them the author died and the series was canceled.

And Gandalf died. He just came back. But while I thought he was going to stay dead, Most miserable hour of my life.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Well he didn't really die considering he's a Maiar. He just respawned.

I got my first chills from reading when Celeborn asked where Mithrandir was and Aragorn said simply, "He fell."

Vts

Smash Champion
wretched did we get to play?

I don't remember playing you, then again I don't remember emailing that email to arby but with it's correct grammar and over all structure I seem to believe it's a fake.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
wretched did we get to play?

I don't remember playing you, then again I don't remember emailing that email to arby but with it's correct grammar and over all structure I seem to believe it's a fake.
I got a follow-up an hour ago that claimed you were super bad with a computer but still making bank. I wish it was legit.

Find out a way to stop spamming me :mad:

We never played.
You guys kinda just played eachother ._.
Only for like that 30 minute period when everyone was playing their friends for some reason.

Second half of the tourney, everyone was watching matches while two or three setups went unused. Eh it happens.

Vts

Smash Champion
I got a follow-up an hour ago that claimed you were super bad with a computer but still making bank. I wish it was legit.

Find out a way to stop spamming me :mad:
umm put like unsubscribe ruu and hunter as junk email keywords

it should stop it, then again may not who knows

man i'm sleepy for some reason after work

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I saw you claw at least 10 times. If that's not sexy, then my fox isn't sexy. And we all know that's not true.

Top Bottom