• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,” said Jojen. “The man who never reads lives only one.”
-A Dance with Dragons, George R. R. Martin

"A couch potato lives a million lives before he dies."

"But not his own."

ooh that's good
That's still 999999 more than then next guy. ;)

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
So today I realized that just being around spaceballs and bunbun has made me a weeaboo

I happened upon the Outlaw Star soundtrack and I was like "**** yeah!", and then I realized that I am doomed... dammit!

Vts

Smash Champion
So today I realized that just being around spaceballs and bunbun has made me a weeaboo

I happened upon the Outlaw Star soundtrack and I was like "**** yeah!", and then I realized that I am doomed... dammit!
muahaha we have slowly molded him into one of us.

soon young one soon enough you'll want to watch anime with anyone and everyone and be shunned!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

You don't have to define yourself by what you enjoy!! Weeaboo, hipster, Deadhead, juggalo... those are identities you choose for yourself, not titles you are forced to assume just because you like something.

*strokes long Chinese beard while nodding sagaciously*

bad news bears i can't go to memphis tournament it's blackfriday weekend so if i don;t show up to work i'm fired
Guess I'm teaming with both of the twins. We'll counterpick the other one depending on matchup.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
You don't have to define yourself by what you enjoy!! Weeaboo, hipster, Deadhead, juggalo... those are identities you choose for yourself, not titles you are forced to assume just because you like something.

*strokes long Chinese beard while nodding sagaciously*

Guess I'm teaming with both of the twins. We'll counterpick the other one depending on matchup.
I'm not a weeaboo. I AM Japanese. On a side note, I tried to join the Asian picture during the IC Halloween party, and they rejected me. They gave me the excuse I had to be BORN in an asian country. Nobody appreciates me. :sadeyes:

Lol and the twin not playing with you can be playing with Yoshi counterpicking his teams too. Someone might notice eventually though. And it would get really awkward if the two teams faced each other in bracket. :cool:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
So apparently, /r/darknetplan is working on building a back-up internet, because they believe that the government will fail them and destroy the current one.
That's good, people need a private network to be available when things get bad. Don't think our government wouldn't resort to shutting down webpages or the entire internet here in the US if they felt it was needed.

Also this: http://techcrunch.com/2011/11/01/kill-switch/

Vts

Smash Champion
so spent like 2-3 hours watching japan's all japanese kendo championship

only got to round 2 before i went to bed lol

everyone was so good at being so safe and not risking anything

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
"I am not a girl but I do know that in kendo you are supposed to have an aggressive spirit and attack with conviction. I have heard it being called aggressive before but that is the way it is supposed to be....it's just the kendo way"

"Why on earth would you think being called "aggressive" is anything other than a compliment? I generally look at kendo as an aggressive sport. That's why we have "fighting spirit" awards at tournaments. You don't earn those by hanging back looking for degote."

Hm, a sport built on safe aggression... might be very informative. Gimme vids! For some reason Bamboo Blade wasn't too helpful :troll:

"I was trying to state that the majority of new students want to go backward at first. It seems natural to run away from danger. To teach someone to go forward, be aggressive, is hard. They resist it and when they are finally aggressive they over or under do it in going forward. Teaching a non-aggressive person, i.e. someone whose natural instinct is to run away, to have controlled aggression is a hard task."

"We tend to imitate senseis with high grade. It is fine but what we do not really see is how hard their mind and ki are working for them."

Why do I see Melee in everything

I swear the lessons this game teaches you can be applied to damn near anything given a little tweaking

Vts

Smash Champion
"I am not a girl but I do know that in kendo you are supposed to have an aggressive spirit and attack with conviction. I have heard it being called aggressive before but that is the way it is supposed to be....it's just the kendo way"

"Why on earth would you think being called "aggressive" is anything other than a compliment? I generally look at kendo as an aggressive sport. That's why we have "fighting spirit" awards at tournaments. You don't earn those by hanging back looking for degote."

Hm, a sport built on safe aggression... might be very informative. Gimme vids! For some reason Bamboo Blade wasn't too helpful :troll:

"I was trying to state that the majority of new students want to go backward at first. It seems natural to run away from danger. To teach someone to go forward, be aggressive, is hard. They resist it and when they are finally aggressive they over or under do it in going forward. Teaching a non-aggressive person, i.e. someone whose natural instinct is to run away, to have controlled aggression is a hard task."

"We tend to imitate senseis with high grade. It is fine but what we do not really see is how hard their mind and ki are working for them."

Why do I see Melee in everything

I swear the lessons this game teaches you can be applied to damn near anything given a little tweaking
Your eyes aren't trained enough to appreciate the skill involved !

Your cowardly drunk squintie hillbilly eyes shall not stain the video!

as w/e http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMw6Aaz3Nt0

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are you guys thinking of coming to the Rolla tourney? I can probably get you guys housing if you're interested.

Vts

Smash Champion
http://getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

take this random and mostly meaningless reaction time test for fun!

I'm averaging ~0.3 :(

first one was slowest and 5th was fastest going to try few more.

looks like mines slightly faster than you really weird how i got repeats... creepy

my fastest click was 2.33

edit- now trying after doing some curles and push ups to get blood flowing. 0.2494,0.25339999999999996,0.265.

Top Bottom