• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey Vice. You should get on Vesperia. You borrowing my 360 and all.
I didn't get your 360, I have Brad's.

At least I didn't grab it, so if it's missing I'm not exactly sure what's happened to it...

but I really should. I was playing it with my bros for a while, but they kinda quit and I haven't had the gaul to pick it up and play by myself but I may have no choice

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I was looking over the Ssbm genesis 2 bracket and checking what characters made it out of Death pools.
Does anyone know what Larry Lurr plays? I searched everywhere, and he seems to be the invisible smasher.
Oh and fuzzyness too
can't find who he plays either

G. Vice

Smash Lord
S2J is my hero.

Arby you're right. Never has a falcon been sooooooo clean and pretty and smooth.

He makes Hax look like he's standing still.

Also, arby do you wanna smash tomorrow?

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
S2J is my hero.

Arby you're right. Never has a falcon been sooooooo clean and pretty and smooth.

I h8te him. Boring *** campy falcon. Never approaches. ***** when his opponent does. :glare:

It made me irritated just to watch. Admittedly the only matches I've watched are his armada and m2k ones but still...

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Armada and S2J match was soooo boring

Armada: 'Come and get me'
S2J: 'Not gonna'
Armada: 'Why not?'
S2J; 'Cause u a ****** who nairs everything I do'
Armada: 'Stop *****ing and come take it'
S2J runs away crying

BunBun

Smash Master
I was looking over the Ssbm genesis 2 bracket and checking what characters made it out of Death pools.
Does anyone know what Larry Lurr plays? I searched everywhere, and he seems to be the invisible smasher.
Oh and fuzzyness too
can't find who he plays either
Larry Lurr is DEHF lol. Falco.
Fuzzyness is a Falcon player from Europe.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxVf0-8e8kA

Arby, that's the video I was talking about. Neutroni seems pretty legit, but tis the way a combo video works. I like the music and thought it was a pretty good vid.

Also, I wish you'd let me know if you were awake asap so I could come play you. I wanna be ready for MIST. I never get to travel, and I want to make a good "fist" impression on people :)

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Effective August 12th, Nintendo will reduce the price of the 3DS from $249.99 to $169.99. By far the biggest price drop for any system in this short amount of time from launch that I can remember.

If you already have a 3DS, Nintendo does have a way to make up for the $80 price drop. Those that own a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 will be registered for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program so that they can receive 20 free games. As detailed in their email:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.
By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future
So that's a hell of a price drop.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
What were your results?
S2J is my hero.

Yep yep. But I love Hax's control. Some of the best in the world for any character.
I h8te him. Boring *** campy falcon. Never approaches. ***** when his opponent does. :glare:

It made me irritated just to watch. Admittedly the only matches I've watched are his armada and m2k ones but still...
He was playing the two best of two characters whose MO is to camp you out and punish. Of course he's gonna be safe. If it makes you feel any better, he said he's not camping next time. Persevere, Falcon.
Armada and S2J match was soooo boring
He said not to watch it because he played ********, so I gave up after a couple stocks. It was bad.
Oh yeah, I saw that.
Guys you should read OKOHAMA KAIDASHI KIKOU.
It is the god damn best manga I have ever read. In fact, it transcends the level of manga and becomes a work of art.
You're welcome for introducing you to it. Can I read it instead of Hot Blooded Woman pleeeease?

Although I went to bed around 9 last night, I just now woke up. Sooo if you still want to play Vice, I'm up for it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I will come and smash you later tonight Arby. If that's cool with you. I really have to get ready for MIST, I've got quite a few MMs already including ORLY, Tink, Kage...I'm gonna be losing quite alot of money lol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
My immeasurably immeasurable Ganon will more than prepare you for the Shadow of the North Star's Shadowdorf.
I have no idea what you're saying, but I'll see you tonight and we'll smash then. I been thinking about what you say about my fox, and I'm gonna try to tweak a few things and see if I can get a gameplan with him. Then maybe you guys won't deride me everytime I pick someone besides Ganon :/

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I'm listing M2k as a shiek and Mango as Fox/Falco and no I WILL NOT list Armada as a young link player!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU7G-A4D4nA

Ganon 2
Pikachu 1
Marth 4
Falcon 4
Falco 3
Fox/Falco 2
Fox 5
Jiggs 1
Peach 3
shiek 2
Dr. Mario 1
samus 1
Luigi 1
ic 2

I'd be interested in how the proportion of characters have changed over the last few major tournaments. More peaches and falcos maybe? Less shieks and marths?
(I'm forcing you out of your comfort zone rusty by making you read manwhas)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe I'm about to watch that set again for the commentary

Despite all the tier proponents, this game is really diverse at a high level

Reading any manga, manhwa, or manhua forces me out of my comfort zone. Pictures ruin my immersion! (literature for love)

Pound 5
---
13 Fox
6 Sheik
3 Peach
3 Falcon
3 Marth
3 Falco
1 Puff
1 Pika
1 Yoshi
1 Samus
1 Doc
1 Y. Link
1 ICs

loool fox. his highest placement was 7th though.

BunBun

Smash Master
You kids need to look also at what characters were actually used.
Young Link was used, and won the set.
Mewtwo was used legitimately in Winners Finals.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I did. Well, I didn't include the Cactus Marth because it only got manhandled by Pikachu.

Taj's Mewtwo more importantly took first game on Hax's Falcon and put Hax in a terrible mindset to lose to Marth next round. After the set: "gayer than anyone I've ever played".

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
i can always tell when i'm watching a ganon-falcon.
damn straight

super love for stomp, all of you

@kage idk why you keep saying im the gayest falcon when my gameplan is always being up in your face. I don't run away for 50 years because vs ganon I don't have to. If anything I'm helping ganon's gameplan by always being close, but in each spot vs you I can read what your gunna do and how to counter it so...

being better= gay?
Ya that's gay! I couldn't do anything! Not fair!!!
lawl ganon

G. Vice

Smash Lord
damn straight

super love for stomp, all of you

lawl ganon
I don't play a ganon-falcon :o

And also, Ganon can't do anything vs falcon. it's not fair. so my philosophy is in that matchup pick fox :D

that's one of the reasons I feel the need to get a decent fox/falco/captain falcon. I need to be able to take a break from getting whomped on every once and a while :/

btw that around the world thing was fun til Arby went emo and quit :/
lame

G. Vice

Smash Lord
combination of annoyance at our games and disappointment in myself for conforming to the projectile spam to keep up
Ness was quite annoying :/

also, MIST is gonna be amazinggggggg

I totally can't wait to get whomped on by these people! I haven't played good smashers for a while now :p

lol jk arby/vts

G. Vice

Smash Lord

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Okay

what about tomorrow

I need some good melee smashin, done with brawl for awhile

Top Bottom