• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Ah ok, if anything we could do around the world if you looking for fun cus that was a blast until arby didn't have fun and made me and g.vice not have fun and leave

that a.s.s. ;)
I wouldn't mind trying it. It doesn't surprise me that arby quit, there are certain characters and character types he doesn't have fun with. And, being forced to play a certain way with characters that have no choice would make it not fun.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I was gayed 2 times in a row on pokemon stadium vs fox was 4 stock to 2 and said ok i got gimped for these reasons brush it off, i took him down to 1 stock with me being at 2 stock still and got cocky lost that stock and then my nana for next stock and had him off the stage charged downsmash and it was off by about 2-3 frames from hitting him from his over-b on the map and i lost.
That was a crazy match. In fact, a lot of those games were really good.

You should actually play more often.

first twelfth second fifth worst zelda in the state ;)

worst puff, bair none

Vts

Smash Champion
That was a crazy match. In fact, a lot of those games were really good.

You should actually play more often.

first twelfth second fifth worst zelda in the state ;)

worst puff, bair none
I'll play more serious now until mist but after mist i might need a break from serious depends on results

also zelda vs falcon is so bad lol

my puff is bad

my bowser beat ur fox legit so GG

Vts

Smash Champion
Yeah i know that why i picked him

broken tier duh

he doesn't work he needs to be fixed to be able to fight

forgot my laptop i'll get it soon lol

if you want spill some soda on it so i can replace it

G. Vice

Smash Lord
More like I get tired of your tryhard/i'mbetterthanyouatmelee personality. I get bored of your non-creative fox/falco and of the stupid characters you pick against me, like vts does.
I sense so much salt and anger here. If I truly had that mentality, then I probably wouldn't deem several smashers in Arkansas as good or better than me to my other smash friends and non-smash friends. I think you're confusing my i'mbetterthanyouatmelee personality and non-creative characters with my i'm trying to learn other characters since I find playing only one character unattractive personality and trying to see what works.

Besides, I'm pretty sure I've heard the words "I do whatever it takes to win" come directly from your mouth as you crouch on the ledge with fox waiting to shine. So when you're saying stuff like that, Don't put that evil on me ricky bobby lol.

JOOT! Yes, we'll finally get to have our G&W Ganon match! I can't wait to smash with everyone. Random friendlies vs good players is gonna be too fun.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
MIST is near, and I'm already excited. I almost wanna just friendly the whole time and play new, good players that I've never met.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'll gay you all. You'll see. I'll bring back the pink shinobi style of play.
dash forward wavedash back back air. Wait for the falcon wait for it chaingrab forward throw
slllllllllowwwwwwwwwwnesssssss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Me4mLeELc
I used to love Pink shinobi.
Now i'm not sure if he was ever very good. His peach looks like mine
Armada has ruined my naivety :'(
Armada ruining everything with his amazingness

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I should really be practicing right now

anyone want to get some food?
You guys wanna play tonight? I'm not gonna be hungry cuz I'm about to eat with my buddy Jones, but I am down to smash later if you guys want.

GhostOfLions

Smash Rookie
Hello. It's nice to see other people from Arkansas having their own topic. :D My friend told me I should get into the competitive scene, so I decided to join and look for any tournaments in AR.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Can you drive? The Melee scene is pretty much completely comprised in Little Rock, which doesn't seem to far from where you live. We have get-togethers all the time.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You can hold in, which sorta works. At any distance you can fast fall to edge and grab without holding in or down. Here is a gif of marth doing it, the only actions i performed in this clip were shine and fastfall (no DI)

I hold in and it's never failed me, but here's a better solution that seems applicable to every character

bme deleted his channel like a doofus, so I'm uploading what I have. The quality is abysmal, but you should relive some history and add a like or something. King of Smash, I.AM.ROBOT, DJ, PC for President, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/arbustoardiente

a month or so ago, g-reg inspired me to add something into my gameplan that works especially well vs fox

g-reg likes to do moves where you whiff on purpose while the opponent is shielding, then hit them quickly when they move out of shield.

doing stuff like really quick short hop b-air that barely misses --> f-tilt lands a LOT more than you expect because most spacies are action players

same concept as a shiek short hop f-airing the air above you while shielding, then quickly falling and d-smashing/f-tilt/ up-tilt

a similar trick from one of the worst falcon mains in socal is to do a short hop up-air towards the opponent that has 0% chance of hitting and then quickly doing a gentleman

you can't keep spamming this 'trick' but its good to add to your skillset. those little hits even from f-tilt can barely bring games into your favor. its much better vs action players then people who shield moronically for years, but also great vs people who you conditioned to always expect getting their shield hit before reacting
80% of G.Vice's playstyle

bait and switch

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Hello. It's nice to see other people from Arkansas having their own topic. :D My friend told me I should get into the competitive scene, so I decided to join and look for any tournaments in AR.
They've also started hosting monthly arkansas smash tournaments in conway though arby has won every single one of them since all of 5-7 people show, and 4-6 of them are from little rock :urg:

But otherwise I would take Seif's advice because you are only 20 minutes tops (probably less) from the largest concentration of smashers in the state.
Or you could play against the lonely twins all the was down in arkadelphia :c
Or you could drive to the Monthly Memphis tourny's in ummm Memphis

GhostOfLions

Smash Rookie
Can you drive? The Melee scene is pretty much completely comprised in Little Rock, which doesn't seem to far from where you live. We have get-togethers all the time.
Yes, but I would honestly much rather play Brawl. I haven't hardly touched melee in the past several years, and I have bad experiences with competitive melee fights. I participated in a MGC tournament several years back and placed only 4th, due to all the "wave runners" or whatever it's called. I've just become more adjusted to brawl and the characters, and I don't particularly have to worry about glitches.

I main several characters. This includes: Toon Link, Kirby, Meta-Knight, Ike, Fox, Pikachu, Yoshi, and Ness.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
LOL Bunbun

We'll play some at MIST :)

and yeah dude...you're probably in the wrong place if you're a brawl fan. Because quite honestly we pretty much all hate it :/

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Ohhhhhhhhh God brawl
Memk likes brawl
And Saberguy is like 2nd best in state I think from just natural skills
But basically the brawl smash scene in Arkansas is even more weak than the melee smash scene.
The best thing about Arkansas :awesome:
2*(number of melee players) - 2^(number of brawl players) = Smash Skills

That's why we are better than California:cool:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey I'll have you know I can hang with the 3 best(only) brawlers in Arkansas with GANON. But Mario is my best character by far :)

GhostOfLions

Smash Rookie
Ohhhhhhhhh God brawl
Memk likes brawl
And Saberguy is like 2nd best in state I think from just natural skills
But basically the brawl smash scene in Arkansas is even more weak than the melee smash scene.
The best thing about Arkansas :awesome:
2*(number of melee players) - 2^(number of brawl players) = Smash Skills

That's why we are better than California:cool:
Do you know where I could possibly find a topic or someway to find tournaments?

Vts

Smash Champion
sorry for your sake ghost but this thread is 95% melee talk

though we do know some brawl players who post here once in a blue moon cus were friends but other than that nothing.

best bet is to try all is brawl website

if anything we can teach you melee just look at it as we have all been playing it for 3+ years so don't expect to win to often.

but here's a random list of everyone plus mains.

Memk (fox) + he also plays brawl
VTS (ice climbers)
Yoshiman(falcon/g&w/?)
Raven Knight (peach)
The March Hare (sheik)
Arby (fox/falcon/martha)
G.vice (Shanondorf i mean Ganon)
Chamberlin (aka chambermaid) Fox, fox, and more fox
TheSaberguy ( falcon/falco/fox)
Seifersythe (doc Mario)
Tron (rarely plays but pikachu)
Ace (fox/falco/falcon/marth) currently gone for another 2 weeks.

ace and me live north little rock, arby/seif/yoshiman/saberguy are at or near ular, chamberlin/g.vice are west little rock about 20m away from ular.

We all play at the ular dorms or seif's place never really anywhere else.

now for skill wise it's really close between chamberlin/g.vice/arby/saberguy/yoshiman/seif/tron/themarchhare/ravenknight

me and memk just blow lol

don't believe what anyone else says about how good or bad i am.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
The best brawlers in Arkansas that always play it include (in this order)

1st. Yosh
2nd. Kirby
3rd. Lash
4th. memk

Didn't count saber guy because he doesn't play it all the time

Top Bottom