• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Axe ***** random fox bairs off platforms holy crap.

edit: like, SUPER hard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mFdwLS2TAM)

I just finished my homework after a bajillion hours, and I'm going to sleep, but I'll play anyone tomorrow at any time or do anything really. Ready to relax (don't do it when you want to go to it)

zoolander style

I love the dynamic between these two playstyles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXpH6VaTwiE

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Hey seif, remember that birthday party I told you about? Well, I came in saw a half dead/drunk man sleeping setting up in a chair. 3 empty cases of beer in the kitchen. Stains all over the carpets, pisses me off ;) and it looks like someone vomited on the way to the bathroom outside the door.

Are they ****ing kidding me? A birthday party is one thing, but what it isn't is a good reason to get ****-faced in my dorm. O my ****ing **** ****.

Vts

Smash Champion
Could always practice melee since there is a tournament in 1 week and stuff.

but do w/e u want :)

Hey how about in like 2-3 weeks we do a Minecraft project? Slow but cool project ok

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yoshi, you need to realize that watching anime doesn't make you better at melee. And being emo about not making the cut at melee is perhaps a direct result of too much anime, and not enough melee. Playing 4 games and quitting after them cause you're getting creamed is also not a good way to get better. Getting beat makes you stronger.

Sadly we can't all be like Ace and get better at smash by not playing.

Vts

Smash Champion
So kage's plane lands here at 235 so guess i need to be at the airport around 2pm just in case it gets there little early

Then will see if he wants to eat first then ride to MO or just head there

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Yoshi, you need to realize that watching anime doesn't make you better at melee.
This is obvious. I don't know what made you think that I thought that. In addition, I haven't watched any real anime, besides today, in about two weeks. Real anime means more than one episode.

And being emo about not making the cut at melee is perhaps a direct result of too much anime, and not enough melee.
It's not being emo, it's called getting bored. Too much of anything, doesn't mean anything when it is your hobby. Your hobby might be melee, but I don't say you play it too much. Your lack of anime knowledge is perhaps a direct result of too much melee, and not enough anime. Melee is not my hobby, it is just something I do for "FUN."

"making the cut at melee" - What is this referring to?

Playing 4 games and quitting after them cause you're getting creamed is also not a good way to get better.
More like I get tired of your tryhard/i'mbetterthanyouatmelee personality. I get bored of your non-creative fox/falco and of the stupid characters you pick against me, like vts does. It seems that all you care about is winning and who is better than who at melee. Believe me, I don't care about winning anymore. Although, I do get aggravated when I lose to someone I shouldn't have in an important match. Who doesn't? And your version of "creamed" is more like warming up and making sure I still have tech skill. All I care about in life is having fun, and when something is not providing me with fun, I put it down and leave. Yes, we all know there are some things this philosophy doesn't apply to.

Getting beat makes you stronger.
I can argue that having fun makes me better/stronger.

Overall, even if you are only joking about these thing, no one wants to hear someone talking about how bad they are at something.

Vts

Smash Champion
When me and arby were playing he saw that i was getting sad so i changed my attitude and started to do really well against him

he fears my sopo now more than ever :)

nothing like 0-60 combos on fox with 1 IC doing like 4-5 hit combo lol

Yoshiman just take the times you get mad and see where you can improve thats what i did today. I was gayed 2 times in a row on pokemon stadium vs fox was 4 stock to 2 and said ok i got gimped for these reasons brush it off, i took him down to 1 stock with me being at 2 stock still and got cocky lost that stock and then my nana for next stock and had him off the stage charged downsmash and it was off by about 2-3 frames from hitting him from his over-b on the map and i lost.

take different approuch to the game it helps i didn't want to have fun today i wanted to improve so got pretty angry with my choices for most part but i knew i needed to try things out.

in short you may not be having fun all the time but when your not having fun just try to figure out how to improve.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
When me and arby were playing he saw that i was getting sad so i changed my attitude and started to do really well against him

he fears my sopo now more than ever :)

nothing like 0-60 combos on fox with 1 IC doing like 4-5 hit combo lol

Yoshiman just take the times you get mad and see where you can improve thats what i did today. I was gayed 2 times in a row on pokemon stadium vs fox was 4 stock to 2 and said ok i got gimped for these reasons brush it off, i took him down to 1 stock with me being at 2 stock still and got cocky lost that stock and then my nana for next stock and had him off the stage charged downsmash and it was off by about 2-3 frames from hitting him from his over-b on the map and i lost.

take different approuch to the game it helps i didn't want to have fun today i wanted to improve so got pretty angry with my choices for most part but i knew i needed to try things out.

in short you may not be having fun all the time but when your not having fun just try to figure out how to improve.
Don't confuse getting mad with being bored. I stopped getting mad at the game when I quit caring about winning. Fun is the only thing that is important to me. And I have already started taking different approaches to the game in order to have fun. That is why I have re-picked up g&w and dr. mario. What i'm struggling with is figuring out how to have fun and improve at the same time. I've only seen this when I played arby.

Top Bottom