• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yo G, our matches are up from Pathways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFKAxrnrz-k&feature=related
I felt like I played pretty good against you but I still got ***** lol. I suppose Marth should probably ban DreamLand vs Ganon huh?
Eh, I guess it's as good of a ban as any considering the size of the map and the difficulty to KO Ganon on it. I usually like YS the best vs almost any character, but it didn't work for me in that second match.

You weren't playing too bad, I got pretty much tech chased with grabs on the second match. That's what Arby does vs me when he plays Marth if he wants to be g@y. It works quite well, but overall I still enjoy the marth matchup as Ganon.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
VTS and I got 25th in teams. We played DoH/Wobbles and Isai/S2J in pools. Shroomed/Alan and Waffles/Phil beat us in bracket. The teams we beat weren't very notable beyond everyone here being pretty good. We did take a game off Wobbles' and Waffles' teams. None of the other sets were steamrolls by any means.

Shroomed and Alan just got reeeal close to beating Armada and Aniolas.

/arby

Hax/Hbox beat Team UGS
death pools went as expected. interesting results include lucky 2-0 m2k, lovage beating axe in the closest set ever, beating wobbles right after, eddy mexico taking a game off hbox and making it to bracket over SS, Orly being the only guy besides armada to beat taj in pools.

Uuuh I dunno. Axe/Taj vs m2k/pp right now.

:phone:

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Rusty, not Will. I'm using his phone to read a bunch and write a bunch for summer classes. Seems iPhone isn't the best way to do homework.

Lol thnx, rusty. I figured as much by the /arby. That's what the ;) was for. :)

Did jack get out of death pools?

Edit: lol guess not to bad :(
for anyone in AR who's looking or caring.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/img20110717164559.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/img20110717164609.jpg/

thanks for the post, ruby! here's what i have so far: 1st seeds- mango, m2k, wobbles, armada, fly amanita, hax, and hbox

2nd seeds- lucky, doh, axe, dr. peepee, s2j

3rd seeds- kage, lovage, sfat, darkatma

4th seeds- pewpewu, eggz, fuzzyness, dart, bizzarro, silentspectre

lucien and larry lurr are unknown

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
No, but he took a match off s2j and beat lovage in their one friendly. Wouldn't have betted on either one of those.

Haxbox just took first game off mango/lucky. Hbox got a double rest. Second game to Norwalk. Waveshine rest combo and mango showboating.

Third game too. Haxbox take fourth. way ahead on fifth. Mango died to a raptor boost.

Suddenly even match

Socal wins wrf

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I glad this Atma guy who's beating all my friends is at least legit at the game :)

Also, 2 Ganons in bracket!!!
How on earth did this happen
I guess 17th at the biggest tourney ever is legit :)

Don't worry bro, I feel like he'd beat you as well, so you don't feel left out lol.

But yeah, Kage/Bizz Flame reppin' ganon.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Don't worry bro, I feel like he'd beat you as well, so you don't feel left out lol.
Don't you put that evil on me Garudo Vice!! I don't plan on getting beat by anyone. No matter how much I play the game or how much rust collects on my fingers. Not even if my opponent's gamer tag is named after a fruit.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Don't you put that evil on me Garudo Vice!! I don't plan on getting beat by anyone. No matter how much I play the game or how much rust collects on my fingers. Not even if my opponent's gamer tag is named after a fruit.
LOL...

ricky bobby.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Atma also beat Lucky in losers. Shroomed beat axe, lovage, wobbles, and peepee in a row, and super frustrated/came close to beating m2k in winners and losers. M2k's sheik took a game off mango's falco in wq. He lost to Hbox in LQ in a 3-2 set that ended on Kongo. Taj 3-2 mango's falco in WS. Amazing set. Armada beat hbox 3-1 in WS, puff vs y. Link. First game, no one was hit for over a minute. It went to time, and armada was winning the entire game until his own bomb put him behind with 5 seconds left. He tried to up b after hbox and nicked him. The game ended with both on last stock, armada at 16% and hbox at 15. Another game went to time as well, but armada pulled it off. Mango brought out the fastest fox ever and ***** hbox and taj in losers. He lost fox vs peach 3-2 in gf. Those three sets once again renewed my love of fox.

s2j got 7th and almost beat m2k. he said he thought he was about to get Hax'd. First three games s2j had the lead with amazing combos to stay ahead of gay campy sheik. In two of those games, m2k made a gay m2k comeback. Fourth game was just gay straight through. SS beat kage, and s2j beat SS. Hax beat Fly. It was pretty, but sad to see fly fall to nerves. The sadness in that corner with fly and wobbles was palpable. They're both good enough to beat nearly anyone at that tourney, but the opportunity was lost.

haxbox beat UGS winners and losers. We didn't stay for finals.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
oh, and peepee was sick and playing like trash. m2k/peepee should have swept teams.

lovage/silent wolf had haxbox, but they dropped the 3-0 and then the set :/

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Tourney sounds like it was crazy. Really wish I could have been there.

Look forward to playing you guys and catching up later this week. After you all recuperate from the trip.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
The Hare said:
Armada finally taking down the American title for best.
Mango definitely cared more about playing on his own terms than simply winning. He played a bit too loose, and I'm sure he knew that. He kind of nodded in the middle of the last stock because he knew he had lost (I imagine).

but that fox... aaah

/arby

16 hrs away in western new mexico. we're going straight through again.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
16 hrs away in western new mexico. we're going straight through again.
Will you guys still be up for the AR monthly this saturday?
If so I have a ride up on friday, and we can catch up on how much better you are than you were a month ago. :)

Which of the Arkansas peeps will be in attendance at MIST?
gvice, vts, arbustos, Rvnknight, and I

Edit:

Adds my voice into the crowd that demands vice get to the tournament in any way he can. I'd offer to drive up instead, but I haven't touched a wheel in easily 4 years now. Will does not want me practicing rusty skillz in his car. :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I only played two friendlies the entire weekend :D

Both against m2k as the venue opened on the first day. Sheik/Marth vs Fox on FD. It went swimmingly, as can be imagined.

But if I had been playing friendlies, I would have missed some of the amazing matches that happened all weekend which will never make it to youtube. And I learn more by watching than playing.

Boy did I learn.

March Hare and Seif didn't even know we got mugged, so here you go:
"Walking back after teams pools finished with VTS, Jack, and another guy, we got separated from the two groups around us with Axe in the one ahead and Taj in the one behind. Within seeing distance on either side. As we approached the hotel, we passed a grassy incline on the side of the road where two black guys in hoodies were listening to music and staring at us. I half-joked that it was time to cross to the other side of the road, and Jack asked why in an incredulous tone. I almost felt bad for being racist. But oh no. A couple steps later, one of them said “Get your ****ing hands in the air, I got a gun.” He grabbed the one guy we didn't know and put the gun against him, and we three took a couple steps away to see if he would follow. Then we ran. We came up on the other group with Axe, and they went back to check on the dude. He had given up his money, and the muggers left. The cops were all up and down that road shortly after. I really thought I was going to get shot in the back, although in hindsight it's super unlikely for a basic mugging."

Still, holy ****.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yep. Come on over anytime.

Yoshiman is coming after all. IHSB always was. Seif is working, and Chamberlin hates us.
I may try to be there as well. I had plans on going in to see my family, but I can always move that. So we're smashing at your place on Friday night and saturday arby??

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
March Hare and Seif didn't even know we got mugged, so here you go:
"Walking back after teams pools finished with VTS, Jack, and another guy, we got separated from the two groups around us with Axe in the one ahead and Taj in the one behind. Within seeing distance on either side. As we approached the hotel, we passed a grassy incline on the side of the road where two black guys in hoodies were listening to music and staring at us. I half-joked that it was time to cross to the other side of the road, and Jack asked why in an incredulous tone. I almost felt bad for being racist. But oh no. A couple steps later, one of them said “Get your ****ing hands in the air, I got a gun.” He grabbed the one guy we didn't know and put the gun against him, and we three took a couple steps away to see if he would follow. Then we ran. We came up on the other group with Axe, and they went back to check on the dude. He had given up his money, and the muggers left. The cops were all up and down that road shortly after. I really thought I was going to get shot in the back, although in hindsight it's super unlikely for a basic mugging."

Still, holy ****.
hahahahahhahahaahaha :rotfl:

You guys just left him. Ran and left him behind. lol

Bet the mugger had a srs wtf moment.

Top Bottom