• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Guys, some bad news. It's really upsetting.

Solidus Spriggan from Oklahoma and his girlfriend were killed in a car crash on their way to Las Vegas. He was one of the few people I've played from Oklahoma, and I know that he was a valuable part of the OK smash community and a good friend to all there. He will be missed, RIP Solidus.

edit* The article = http://www.newschannel10.com/story/1...-oldham-county

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I just saw that on FB... PLEASE be careful driving to and from smash tournies and other stuff. The article said that drowsiness was likely involved... Just be really careful so I don't have to read about any of you like this.

:phone:

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
RIP Solidus. I've said my words of peace to him on his Facebook page, but I have made an executive decision to name the ARK IV Melee Tournament in his honor. I don't know what difference it'll make in the long run, but it's one way that I'll personally pay my respects to him. Hopefully I'll have a little memorial up for him at our event as well.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'm about to sleep for a long long time, so I'll be up early tomorrow if you want to come over in the morning.
Excellent. Make sure that the smash region is black-man free too if you would. You may just have to be like "hey, keep that man in your room" but Idk it ain't fair for them to cut down your smash zone.

Yeah how does 10AM sound? Then around noon we can grab food followed by a bit more smash.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Excellent. Make sure that the smash region is black-man free too if you would. You may just have to be like "hey, keep that man in your room" but Idk it ain't fair for them to cut down your smash zone.

Yeah how does 10AM sound? Then around noon we can grab food followed by a bit more smash.
While you're at it, can you make it troll free as well :bee:

Vts

Smash Champion
VTS's 4th of July checklist.

1. Buy fireworks
2. Shoot Fireworks
3. Hang out with girl
4. Watch 5cm per second with girl
5. Kiss girl after movie and hold her
6. Fall asleep in each other arms.

5/6 not to shabby

also the tavern bar and grill has tuesday night $1 burgers that are amazing

j00t

Smash Champion
RIP Solidus. I've said my words of peace to him on his Facebook page, but I have made an executive decision to name the ARK IV Melee Tournament in his honor. I don't know what difference it'll make in the long run, but it's one way that I'll personally pay my respects to him. Hopefully I'll have a little memorial up for him at our event as well.
Clarify, please? This is sad news if true.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
mango is now my favorite smasher lol

podcast was amazing :)

love him now.

i want him to sign my gut
Yeah he's a cool dude and he's hella fun to smash with too. I remember at the second E52 in 2009 (basically when nobody could even touch him) watching him 4 stock Kels in brackets....amazing! Also the night before at UMKC he was going at least 50/50 with Darkrain in Falcon dittos. But when you play him he's really fun about it so it's a blast.

Also you guys should skip Genesis 2 and just come to the next Pathways since they're the same day :)

Or if not, how about everybody that's not going to Genesis 2 comes to Pathways instead?

EDIT: Also told a dude I'd refer you to his thread so you might give him some more info...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306612

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
These things were born today (in order of quality):

Robert Heinlein
Hitagi Senjougahara - Bakemonogatari
Kagami & Tsukasa Hiiragi - Lucky Star
Ringo Starr
Ichigo Kurosaki - Bleach
my sister
Mokuba Kaiba - Yu-Gi-OoOoh!

this is someone else's opinion on yoshiman's RISK skills a couple years ago

"2008-05-03 14:34:13 - spikeboat: jesus
2008-05-03 14:34:16 - spikeboat: you got good dice"

that **** is still all too true

G. Vice

Smash Lord
These things were born today (in order of quality):

Robert Heinlein
Hitagi Senjougahara - Bakemonogatari
Kagami & Tsukasa Hiiragi - Lucky Star
Ringo Starr
Ichigo Kurosaki - Bleach
my sister
Mokuba Kaiba - Yu-Gi-OoOoh!

this is someone else's opinion on yoshiman's RISK skills a couple years ago

"2008-05-03 14:34:13 - spikeboat: jesus
2008-05-03 14:34:16 - spikeboat: you got good dice"

that **** is still all too true
Lol.

Hey arby if I get back from the doctor in enough time today, would you be interested in smashing for about 3 hours?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I think I am booked for anime :(

Tomorrow? Saturday is a mom-sister joint birthday outing in Little Rock, so I'll be busy until that night.
Yeah I can swing tomorrow morning til probably about that evening or something. Just make sure you're able to get up.

BTW

you guys make fun of me for playing "ganon" with every character. But Mango himself just says that the way to play, and the way he plays is he approaches the game the same with every character, you just tweak gameplay to the character's specifications.

SO THERE. Quit hatin' on me :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I can swing tomorrow morning til probably about that evening or something. Just make sure you're able to get up.

BTW

you guys make fun of me for playing "ganon" with every character. But Mango himself just says that the way to play, and the way he plays is he approaches the game the same with every character, you just tweak gameplay to the character's specifications.

SO THERE. Quit hatin' on me :)
It's not hate, just an observation

*an astute observation

Vts

Smash Champion
arby you can thank me later

yeah thats fine. just email me the info so i dont forget (genesisdbr@gmail.com)

just need

first/last name
location/region/address (which ever one works)
alias
events entered
who hes teaming with (i know its you but just so its on record)

also venue fee will be 25 for him since he didnt pre-reg =\

Top Bottom