• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I usually run Crono/Frog/Marle but at times I'll switch in Robo or Lucca for a bit.

As soon as I get home I'll check out Vice's new video. I'm sure it's amazing.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm in my first combo video.

That last combo was b-e-a-utiful.

I used to main Crono/Marle/Frog because Frost Arc/Arc Impulse looked awesome and I like how it was super defensive but in my last couple playthroughs on the DS I realized how amazing the counterattack accessories where and replaced Marle with Ayla.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby.

Tomorrow.

Me. You. Smash. It'll be the last time I'm able to smash for a little while due to the holidays and such.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Thanks Arkansas for all the love on my vid <3

Smash tomorrow? I can't wait. And Arby thanks again, people love not only the combos(that's me) but the editing(that's you) as well :)

I think we made the right call with the music as well.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that musical choice sealed the deal.

Opera Link is cool, but it's just another drop in the sea of features they've accumulated over the years. Opera does pretty much everything as well or better than Firefox and Chrome, and did most of it first. It's traditionally won the comparative speed and safety tests, which they've improved upon yet again (graphics processing, html5, css, javascript). Superficially it also looks really good, like Chrome (although I guess it's more correct to say Chrome looks like Opera). You can customize it however you want through the code. Just like with anything else, that means you take advantage of the hard work of others and download their skins/extensions/whatever.

Dragonfly - access to the code of any page/element on the page
Turbo - Optimization for slow networks
Link - Sync tabs, bookmarks, passwords, or whatever you want across phones/computers by logging into the site (meaning you can pull up your personal setup temporarily anywhere)
Unite - the cloud. "Opera Unite is a new technology platform allowing you to share content directly with friends, without having to upload anything to a Web site. You can stream music, show photo galleries, share files and folders, or even host your own Web pages directly from your browser."
Speed Dial - Opera was the first to do tabs (/on top), and the speed dial followed. The other browsers have it now, but Opera just included the idea of active tabs which give you information in the speed dial tab itself. Stocks, news stories, weather. I don't care about it yet, but it's neat.
Oh, the things you can do with tabs in Opera... the closed tabs menu is right next to those active rather than at the bottom of the speed dial page like in Chrome. You can stack tabs, create sessions of grouped tabs (like multiple desktops for different occasions, except on the internet), pin tabs, expand them to create previews in tabs, and create private, clone, or follower tabs. I'm sure this stuff is available in other browsers, but I love how well and for long Opera has done the many things it does.

I don't know enough and it would take too long to hash out exactly why Opera is better, which is why it usually devolves to singular "this is cool" support points. As to that, I haven't had a pop-up or seen an ad since I began using Opera. You know that stupid ad at the bottom of Youtube videos? I don't anymore. "Paste and go to URL" has been around for years, but the other browsers still don't have it (in my experience). It's a deal-maker alone for my lazy self. Opera did the search bar at the top right first, but I got rid of it because of the universal "search from URL" thing. Once again catering to the lazy among us, they've now made it so you can right-click in any search bar and make it one of the options up there. Opera also saved your session on crash first (although it's only crashed once in my years using it), and now it saves your typed text. Godsend for ******** Smashboards. Mouse gestures, voice command, integrated bittorrent, rewind/fast forward (smart page back and forward), lots of stuff that's been around five years or more. A full-page zoom that maintains the integrity of the page unlike ctrl scroll. I have all the 4chan addons you guys do, plus a thousand other stuffs I could throw around. The whole package is simply amazing.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Devour II has it's first dislike :(

Sadness. Lol
Some people have what I like to call... the itch.

You see a perfect "like" ratio and you have this DESIRE to screw it up.

It wasn't me though. I liked this video with mine and Ravn's youtube accounts. xD

G. Vice

Smash Lord
think you have a spot in jacks car cus memphis is going.

if anything i'll make kage ride in the trunk lol.

not like he's 6 foot and bigger than all of us.
Sweeeeeeet. Jack's car is where all the fun will happen. If you're not careful, you'll lose Kage to Jack's car as well, and we'll all be fun and cool and main some lower tier characters without you guys.

Vts

Smash Champion
Sweeeeeeet. Jack's car is where all the fun will happen. If you're not careful, you'll lose Kage to Jack's car as well, and we'll all be fun and cool and main some lower tier characters without you guys.
I'll give you guys kage if you want him to ride with you.

might talk wobbles into coming or see if i can get him here in arkansas again

Top Bottom