• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I've lost to memk once with my falcon in tournament for 1 match

then 4 stocked and jv 4 stocked him right after i realized wait this is memk :D
for some reason I just cant constantly play at my full potential

when I do i can 0%-death you guys (I've done it before)

VTS you're not funny

BTW anybody still in town? my summer officially starts tomorrow

needing to get some smash in

G. Vice

Smash Lord

VTS you're not funny

Memk, you've never even got close to beating me, yet you claim to be able to 0-death us? Every single match besides one match vs DK(which btw you still lost) was a 4 stock. And these guys when they play me can get games off me. Now, how long are you going to go ahead with your delusional thoughts of being able to hang with everyone here? Or will you finally admit that you're not on the same level and stop johning? It's funny to read, until we realize how annoying it is because you honestly believe it's true.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, no Smash for this month's monthly tournament. Not a knock on you guys, but I wouldn't feel right having it without giving it proper advertising to allow you guys to meet a lot more new people. I wouldn't want to ask you guys to come out just to play each other. July's monthly should have Smash and (fingers crossed) a whole month of advertising for you guys to potentially get some new blood.

BunBun

Smash Master

VTS you're not funny

You sound like you're terrible. Just sayin'. (super sayin)

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys, no Smash for this month's monthly tournament. Not a knock on you guys, but I wouldn't feel right having it without giving it proper advertising to allow you guys to meet a lot more new people. I wouldn't want to ask you guys to come out just to play each other. July's monthly should have Smash and (fingers crossed) a whole month of advertising for you guys to potentially get some new blood.
:glare:

Oh well, i was looking at no rooms anyway due to certain people being at a mo tourny.

Vts

Smash Champion
lol, our plan was driving out of state on saturday playing MO, driving back sleep for like 3 hours then enter the sunday tournament.

but guess we can just crash at MO saturday night now, maybe drive back depends on how sleepy i am

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
lol, our plan was driving out of state on saturday playing MO, driving back sleep for like 3 hours then enter the sunday tournament.

but guess we can just crash at MO saturday night now, maybe drive back depends on how sleepy i am
I'm totally down to run it. I just honestly don't want you guys to be disappointed by the lack of turnout. I don't know if anyone else will be entering Melee except for you guys. If you guys still want to come, I'll gladly do what I need to do on my end for y'all. If not, like I said we'll be promoting next month's much more heavily than this month's.

This month got a little bogged down because of some issues with moving and hosting a Verizon-sponsored event. They said if we helped them, they'd be interested in financially sponsoring ARK IV so it could be good for all of us. I'll give you guys some more details on that event within the week. It's the day before the monthly so I know most of you guys will be in MO, but whoever's still here should totally come to it! It'll be at Game Ever so you may have to pay standard Game Ever entrance (we're working on that), but either way you can win a $500 phone (Xperia Play) for basically free! There should be a lot of other prizes there including concert/baseball tickets, tshirts, etc. (still working on details).

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Memk, you've never even got close to beating me, yet you claim to be able to 0-death us? Every single match besides one match vs DK(which btw you still lost) was a 4 stock. And these guys when they play me can get games off me. Now, how long are you going to go ahead with your delusional thoughts of being able to hang with everyone here? Or will you finally admit that you're not on the same level and stop johning? It's funny to read, until we realize how annoying it is because you honestly believe it's true.

If I tell my self I can then it'll happen never did i say i believe it's true

vice, havent played near enough to learn your playstyle once I do I think of an idea that can catch you when you miss something since I have an idea of whats going to happen next

You sound like you're terrible. Just sayin'. (super sayin)
And you're terrible too

Basically the reason why I know I'm not on you alls level is because I don't practice against skilled players as much as you all do the most I can do is practice my tech skill and that gets boring within 5-25mins

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah according to mookierah and sleepyk that's the best way to up tech skill: Spend a short time and then stop.

The point isn't to practice a technique or sequence until you get it 100% of the time, the point is to learn the process or motion. Counter-intuitive as it may be, but a lot of your consistency will come from that downtime where you can think about what you were doing right or wrong.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
says the guy who i never beat ever..........hypocrite
I don't diminish your victories though. I love some of the ways you beat me ;)

Come play whenever. You know you have to find a way here though.

My sixteen year old sister is playing what sounds like dubstep mc chris. What happened to these kids!? Never mind, back to Lil Wayne.

going to dallas this weekend on a food trip with my mom while a step-aunt twice removed or something is taking her kids to a-kon. two worlds, one family.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You have two Calle 13 albums from me. That's the only reggaeton I could ever stand.

In n Out was amazing in the context of being a McDonald's-priced fast food burger. Probably as good as Five Guys in its own way, but half the cost. And the Neapolitan shakeeeee ~^_^~$#@%&*!+~~~~~~~

We should play this week or something so we can sweep that Missouri thing.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So I may be getting a new(er) ride.

2001 Honda CR-V. 20-25 mpg and 5 seats. Also since it's a small SUV it'd be easier to get a TV and setups in. Not to mention 4 doors would result make it more friendly for people having to ride with me.

Vts

Smash Champion
So I may be getting a new(er) ride.

2001 Honda CR-V. 20-25 mpg and 5 seats. Also since it's a small SUV it'd be easier to get a TV and setups in. Not to mention 4 doors would result make it more friendly for people having to ride with me.
Nice, now don't be stupid and go in debt for a new car.

worst thing people do is buy new car thinking they can afford it and it then back fire on them.

and also buying a ton of drugs but thats beside the point the point is nice car bro

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Nice, now don't be stupid and go in debt for a new car.

worst thing people do is buy new car thinking they can afford it and it then back fire on them.

and also buying a ton of drugs but thats beside the point the point is nice car bro
Yeah, I've got plenty of money to cover it, and besides I'd be selling mine and basically just trading mine now + 1000 for the newer ride.

Got it covered :)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
What time will you guys be arriving on Friday? VTS tomorrow I will text you a guy named Robbie's phone number. When you get into town on Friday he's the guy you need to contact to get you into the church. I'll be at work until midnight but I'm thinking about putting in a request tomorrow to get out a few hours early...depending on what time you guys will be in town and if you wanna smash Friday night. Also G-Vice and Chamberlain, you guys should come too. The best player in Missouri is going to be there (DarkAtma) so come and challenge him!

Vts

Smash Champion
What time will you guys be arriving on Friday? VTS tomorrow I will text you a guy named Robbie's phone number. When you get into town on Friday he's the guy you need to contact to get you into the church. I'll be at work until midnight but I'm thinking about putting in a request tomorrow to get out a few hours early...depending on what time you guys will be in town and if you wanna smash Friday night. Also G-Vice and Chamberlain, you guys should come too. The best player in Missouri is going to be there (DarkAtma) so come and challenge him!
like it will be saturday morning around 3-4 am before we make it.

i get off work at 10pm then drive is like 4-5 hours so plan is come home (5m away) have friends leave their car here, grab snack from drive through then drive to the tournament

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
like it will be saturday morning around 3-4 am before we make it.

i get off work at 10pm then drive is like 4-5 hours so plan is come home (5m away) have friends leave their car here, grab snack from drive through then drive to the tournament
Darn lol. In that case...we might do something where I hide my key somewhere and then text you where it's at lol then you guys can just go downstairs and crash on the couches. There is at least like 6 of 'em there. I'll be there Saturday sometime before 1pm so I'll see you then. Does that sound ok?

Vts

Smash Champion
Darn lol. In that case...we might do something where I hide my key somewhere and then text you where it's at lol then you guys can just go downstairs and crash on the couches. There is at least like 6 of 'em there. I'll be there Saturday sometime before 1pm so I'll see you then. Does that sound ok?
yeah sounds good, just text me the location of the key or something.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Arby, this reggaeton album is awesome (Don Omar Presenta Da Hitman Presents Reggaeton Latino). I only found one song of Calle that I liked. :( Also, I saw your flashdrive setting on seif's computer when I was over there, but I forgot to grab it. LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when I visit /mu/.

:''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I blame them, although it's worth pointing out that almost any other genre of music would have resulted in a productive thread. Reggaeton is unliked and unknown.

My exposure has been similar to only knowing rap through Three 6 Mafia and Soulja Boy :\

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I heavily encourage every one of you guys and gals to come out THIS SATURDAY (June 18th) to Game Ever as the ARFGN hosts Verizon's Sony-Ericsson Xperia Play Launch Event! We'll be holding a tournament with top prizes being two Playstation Certified Xperia Play Mobile Devices (Retail: ~$500 each!). There will also be raffles for other prizes as well as gift packs given to EVERY PARTICIPANT! Best of all, it's 100% completely FREE! For complete details go to the official event page here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=208455252529545 and click on 'See More'.

Also the ARFGN is hosting our local monthly tournament (Monthly Arkansas Gameathlon I) the next day (Sunday, June 19th) featuring Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II, Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Gears of War II! (Sorry no Smash! :( ) Full details are here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121435474608766

Last, but not least, we have redesigned our website and it is now located at http://www.arfgn.com/. ARK SolidxPanda has created a SSF4:AE Online League and we are encouraging participants of all skill levels to join it and have a fun time as we all improve our skill levels :)

Also, I'd love to have the Smash community's input on the ARFGN webpage. I truly consider you guys part of the Arkansas Fighting Game Network and it'd be great for you guys to get some exposure on the site.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So is Arkansas going to show up to our monthlies? Some TX guys are confirming, so we'd love to see you guys rep :D

Also I still haven't played any of y'all, so I'd be real happy if you guys at least gave me that opportunity.

Top Bottom