• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey, seriously? DoH is gonna be at Seif's? Can I come play before he leaves? Also, Arby/Yoshi can you make sure that controller I use is over there?

Vts

Smash Champion
So darkatma is going to this MO tournament and they are talking trash now so Ginyu Force shall show their power!!!

also jack they wanted to know if you would come but our car is full :S

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
anyone wanna help me get technical with my chars?
What kind of help are you expecting?

First learn how to make good decisions, then get tech skill.
I don't think this is strictly better. Plenty of good people started out with mindless tech. Zhu actually recommended that path.

You'll always get better at thinking about the game as long as you try to or simply play. Tech skill is a whole other kind of barrier that has to be overcome with focused work or by minimizing its importance. Memk probably doesn't want to take the latter route.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I was playing around at SnT for the last time

@arby methods to do things and ways to better approach my opponent

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Tech can open up new approaches, but it's largely a mental game. Some people take the easy route (or are forced to by character choice) and don't approach, but you play Fox :D Try to outthink them on the way in, then Fox 'em up until they die. Work on shine nair/dair shield pressure so you don't screw up your opportunities and give the opponent a shieldgrab. Fox's worst nightmare.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
lol I rly want to play memk. I <3 playing players who rage easily.

Best way to approach players in A.S.S. - run up and grab them. It works way to often. :awesome:

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I think i'll make a tech video and let you guys critique it

I don't rage when I play someone i've never played before, im equal to them, or they are better than me.

I only rage when someone who I know shouldn't have won wins against me by some stupid crap (i either miss and attack - melee or I trip in their face - brawl)

Vts

Smash Champion
So in the fall some big news, a very amazing player in coming to little rock to ride with me to a tournament.

i'll give you a hint, it's not mango or dr.pp

and at said tournament Axe will be there.

also saberguy need to talk to you about this said out of state tournament.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Kage the warrior will be in Arkansas eh? I definitely plan on catching him and getting some ganon dittos before you steal him away!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yoshi/Arby,

How's Devour 2 coming?? After seeing WoMD I'm so excited about it. Sorry if I'm annoying with it ;_;

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I think what I might try to do is copy the files from rusty, then put together my own version of devour 2. Mostly because arby is leaving tomorrow. It will give me combo video practice and we can compare our versions and pick best ideas from both. And of course I won't be uploading this version without consent.

And just for you seif...
http://www.animetake.com/forums/h264/18681-fs-s-mushi-shi-blu-ray-1080p.html

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yes really
There's no such thing as "shouldn't have won." If you're really better, you either screwed up more than them and deserved to lose or sandbagged. If you didn't care about the win during the game, you shouldn't start caring when you lose.

If you deserve to win, prove it. Raging won't accomplish anything but awkwardness and bad feelings.

I think Devour should mix it up with some dubstep, Radiohead, and rap. We're sure to appeal to the target audience of college freshmen that way.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
There's no such thing as "shouldn't have won." If you're really better, you either screwed up more than them and deserved to lose or sandbagged. If you didn't care about the win during the game, you shouldn't start caring when you lose.

If you deserve to win, prove it. Raging won't accomplish anything but awkwardness and bad feelings.
Not raging like that

raging as in 'I can't believe this" not *throw controller mad running out of room* this mostly occurs in friendlies though

What if I had no experience in the game not even knowing how to recover and I still beat you and you were playing how you normally play.

BTW yoshiman, tron is bringing his 360 with XBL, black hops, and MW2 to my place tomorrow so if you can get on black ops

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
What if I had no experience in the game not even knowing how to recover and I still beat you and you were playing how you normally play.
I would have to suicide every stock and sandbag somehow while reading a book, eating your sandwich, and in fact not even holding the controller for that to happen. It wouldn't be reasonable for me to say I deserved to win, would it?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The beautiful thing about melee is the ability to differentiate between casual and hardcore.

I can see how this line is so blurred for you being a long time brawl player. There's no way in the world some new guy picks up melee and beats someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe it happens to you, but sorry man, not to the rest of us.

Also Arby, sounds good! :D

lol but seriously you guys, whatever ya'll wanna do works for me. I'm just wanting to crank it out to show some cool Ganon stuff :D

BunBun

Smash Master
Tech can open up new approaches, but it's largely a mental game. Some people take the easy route (or are forced to by character choice) and don't approach, but you play Fox :D Try to outthink them on the way in, then Fox 'em up until they die. Work on shine nair/dair shield pressure so you don't screw up your opportunities and give the opponent a shieldgrab. Fox's worst nightmare.
You don't have to approach much with Fox. For instance, the way I play is a bunch of waiting and baiting (and bating), then hit a few times or shinespike. Stupid dumb, but it works fairly well.
So in the fall some big news, a very amazing player in coming to little rock to ride with me to a tournament.

Which tournament?

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice

Yes, VTS, yes build up those connections...

Excellent

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to approach much with Fox. For instance, the way I play is a bunch of waiting and baiting (and bating), then hit a few times or shinespike. Stupid dumb, but it works fairly well.
I wasn't saying he has to approach, but that he has the capacity to unlike other characters. It's the reason I keep coming back to him although I dislike fighting against the guy...

Then again, the Mario Bros. players I know hate fighting against other Mario Bros. players, so I guess it's not too unusual.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I would have to suicide every stock and sandbag somehow while reading a book, eating your sandwich, and in fact not even holding the controller for that to happen. It wouldn't be reasonable for me to say I deserved to win, would it?
Yea not saying I deserve to win just saying if I lose then you won't get any better which is my method

I constantly beat friends of mine and they rage quit all the time because I'm beating them but if they win they think they are getting better (meaning i was suiciding a lot)

I wasn't saying he has to approach, but that he has the capacity to unlike other characters. It's the reason I keep coming back to him although I dislike fighting against the guy...

Then again, the Mario Bros. players I know hate fighting against other Mario Bros. players, so I guess it's not too unusual.
So im hated now?

The beautiful thing about melee is the ability to differentiate between casual and hardcore.

I can see how this line is so blurred for you being a long time brawl player. There's no way in the world some new guy picks up melee and beats someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe it happens to you, but sorry man, not to the rest of us.
I've been playing melee longer but competitive brawl longer so I think thats what you're aiming at, correct me if i'm wrong

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I've been playing melee longer but competitive brawl longer so I think thats what you're aiming at, correct me if i'm wrong
I'm saying that if you're actually any good at this game that people who don't know how to play don't just walk in the door and beat you at melee.

Sorry if I was confusing at first. Also, I just watched an episode of House, so please excuse me if I was a bit snappy. It was intentional I promise.

:D

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
It's like when I 2-stocked arby's marth with ganon. My ganon is just superior. :awesome:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I constantly beat friends of mine and they rage quit all the time because I'm beating them but if they win they think they are getting better (meaning i was suiciding a lot)
They get confidence boosts and the will to keep playing when they win. If you take that away, it's even worse than if they lost to begin with. Not only can they not win, any success they may have is illegitimate.

So im hated now?
. . .

that's not what that means

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G.vice what are the songs and version you want me to use?
"Push It" by Static X (2:37) just the song like CD version nothing special like here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_B8-ZnW2w4

and "Fiend" by Coal Chamber CLEAN edit like on youtube linked here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a6h4QCs0Pg

first 40 secs of "Ice" by Lights for the credits. If you get alot of work done, you and arby can collaborate on the tweaks and finishing touching. I'm sure you guys will both do well.

Also Arby/Yoshi, if you guys make it really good and do a good job on it and think you guys could get it done in a reasonable amount of time, I'm willing to pay for it. I mean I can't pay much, but I figure you boys could both use 20 bucks or so, and it gives ya'll a good excuse to work on it, right?

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
They get confidence boosts and the will to keep playing when they win. If you take that away, it's even worse than if they lost to begin with. Not only can they not win, any success they may have is illegitimate.
says the guy who i never beat ever..........hypocrite

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
You've never beaten arby? But he's just some noob we use to make our videos. :chuckle:

Any more shameful secrets you wish to reveal?
you've never played me (i have beaten arby and chamb 2v1.....yoshiman was my partner and was already dead the had 3 collectively and i had 1 stock)

and if its admitted then its not shameful

Top Bottom