• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Haha well Melee isn't expected to start until 4PM anyway... I'll encourage people to bring setups. Either way, we should have at least one, but obviously you guys'll want more. As for turnout? We'll see... This is a monthly thing so it's more about building Arkansas numbers than anything else so if you know people around the area, get them to start coming out!

Vts

Smash Champion
Haha well Melee isn't expected to start until 4PM anyway... I'll encourage people to bring setups. Either way, we should have at least one, but obviously you guys'll want more. As for turnout? We'll see... This is a monthly thing so it's more about building Arkansas numbers than anything else so if you know people around the area, get them to start coming out!
boo guess i won't be coming then lol

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Booked a room at the Ramada for Genesis. Executive.

Also I booked a room for Quakecon in August at the hilton (where it is being held.) if anyone wants to go. Ill prolly just be driving to it.

I need someone to team with in melee...

Vts

Smash Champion

Also I booked a room for Quakecon in August at the hilton (where it is being held.) if anyone wants to go. Ill prolly just be driving to it.

i'll team with you, i'll go puff or ICs maybe sheik

and play really really campy lol

also been talking with top teams of LoL and they would love for us to host a tournament in near future so might have another game we could add to our roster

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
i'll team with you, i'll go puff or ICs maybe sheik

and play really really campy lol

also been talking with top teams of LoL and they would love for us to host a tournament in near future so might have another game we could add to our roster
Okey dokey. Yeah my friend Sheff wanted us to do starcraft 2 tourny sometime lol.

Vts

Smash Champion
Okey dokey. Yeah my friend Sheff wanted us to do starcraft 2 tourny sometime lol.
We need to get a website started and a pay pal account created for the business

also priceline.com u can order cheap tickets from with name your own price but if you say $50 they will say sorry but we can do so in so instead.

i need to know if ur buying my ticket or what cus that same weekend my family is going to the lake up north to visit old friends and i was going to go visit them also since i grew up with them.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So what time do I need to be ready to go to this thing tomorrow? Also, Arby, when are you going to be ready? Is VTS getting you, or is this something I need to be your guys' transport for?

Either way it's fine. I just need to know. Also, who here thinks I should go for Brawl and play ganon? :D

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
So what time do I need to be ready to go to this thing tomorrow? Also, Arby, when are you going to be ready? Is VTS getting you, or is this something I need to be your guys' transport for?

Either way it's fine. I just need to know. Also, who here thinks I should go for Brawl and play ganon? :D
Just an FYI for those who don't know, full schedule for the Monthly tomorrow:

Registration for each game ends at 30 minutes prior to that game starting so if you just want to enter Melee, that registration ends at 3:30.
Noon-1:30PM - Set-up / Registration
2PM - Call of Duty: Black Ops, Mortal Kombat 9, Super Smash Bros: Brawl
4PM - Super Smash Bros: Melee, Gears of War 2, Marvel vs Capcom 3
6PM - Halo: Reach, Super Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue: CS II
8PM - Rock Band 3

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

I just slept 20 hours :cool:

Yeah, we're the only three going I think, so we're riding together (with a TV). Unless Saber wants to come, in which case we could take his car instead. Anytime you want to leave is fine.

BunBun

Smash Master

Oh holy **** I'm totally down for Quakecon lmao.

Q3:A that ***** up

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
congrats arby on beating the best ganon in arkansas

i mean level 9 ganon is a hard match up!

too good :D

i'll make next monthly
Yeah, there were a whole five people there. Vice and I took up the majority of the time with finals. Everyone come to the next one!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
How come people don't congratulate me for getting games off Arby?

This is a messed up world :(

But I can see why VTS would do so, seeing as he can't get games off Level 9 ganon ;)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Level 9 Ganon is a tough customer. Changes his order four times and doesn't tip.

You know what does tip!? My amazingly amazing Marth, that's what :troll:
It's like trying to swat a fly that has a huge lethal blade and good reaction time.

Annoying.

Vts

Smash Champion
How come people don't congratulate me for getting games off Arby?

This is a messed up world :(

But I can see why VTS would do so, seeing as he can't get games off Level 9 ganon ;)
Hmmm? You've been the better player for a long time now i'll congratulate you beat him :). Kind of like how I say good job when you beat clay, or maybe "Nice" something along those lines depends on my mood.

he's soo good he's won so many tournaments it's pretty amazing.

once I get games off level 9 ganon i'll be able to sleep at night :D.

I'm off tomorrow if anyone want hang out.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hmmm? You've been the better player for a long time now i'll congratulate you beat him :). Kind of like how I say good job when you beat clay, or maybe "Nice" something along those lines depends on my mood.

he's soo good he's won so many tournaments it's pretty amazing.

once I get games off level 9 ganon i'll be able to sleep at night :D.

I'm off tomorrow if anyone want hang out.
Arby's been as good as me and Clay, maybe better now, for months, where have you been Veets?

Vts

Smash Champion
Arby's been as good as me and Clay, maybe better now, for months, where have you been Veets?
watching him lose to you guys baddly

that's like me playing at my best i beat clay but that's very rare to see me playing my best.

really you and chamberlin are better for the pure fact of how consistent you two are compared to me and arby if you even want to put me with arby since you don't think i'm very good it seems.

i understand i play bad more often then good.

you on the other hand i notice play really well 80% of the time at the smash in bash you didn't play so hot in grand finals and same with clay but you guys played better than i was playing.

i told arby not to upload my matches cus you'll see me be ahead vs clay both game and fail edge guard him about 5 times losing cus of it, and arby's match was down right ugly i missed so many wavedashes and simple stuff.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I never said you weren't good, I just don't think as good as Arby. You play differently in tourney sometimes, but then again alot of times you lose to things you shouldn't. You also will shield between every aerial you throw out, even when it's not a good idea.

Also, Axe/Kage win nationals with Pika/Ganon...wow.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I wish I could, but since I'm preaching tonight I have to tweak my sermon.

But I will be interested to see how singles pan out.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
hbk, hax, azen, m2k
vs
teczero, kage, dj nintendo

obvious victor, right?

NO

teczero beasted the hell out of that crew battle

last match of axe vs m2k was the most ridiculous thing ever. witness the power of the pika pancake.

Vts

Smash Champion
I never said you weren't good, I just don't think as good as Arby. You play differently in tourney sometimes, but then again alot of times you lose to things you shouldn't. You also will shield between every aerial you throw out, even when it's not a good idea.

Also, Axe/Kage win nationals with Pika/Ganon...wow.
yeah, it's a problem i've been trying to improve

axe/kage are so smart very wise about what moves and they do and movement placement is too good of where they want to be and where they want you to be

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys for coming out. I promise we'll get a better turnout next time :)
This is a community building event and so I'm hoping that each of our crews gets a ton of new members as the months go by!

Anyway, here's something interesting-

Some people left GPX Gaming (the guys who did the gaming tournies at Little Rock Game Con) and formed their own splinter group called Nexus Gaming Alliance. These guys will be running the gaming tournament at Glitch Con this year (Northwest Arkansas; one week before ARK IV). I was talking to the guy who runs Glitch Con and asked him about what rules and whatnot they were using for their events and he referred me to the NGA website. So I go on there and click on rules and...

Well I'll let you guys see for yourself. http://ngagamers.com/?page_id=25

Anything look familiar?

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Apparently "going to bed" is weaboo for "starting Soul Eater"
Soul eater > sleep. An anime that goes from ******** to awesome and then back again quite rapidly.

Death the Kid is the ****. :awesome:
If Black Star didn't suck so much I might have given it a 9 on mal.

Vts

Smash Champion
Apparently "going to bed" is weaboo for "starting Soul Eater"
no i went to sleep , he i bet stayed up

also i feel the no love from you :(

no return texts ever it seems now, glitchcon in september we should go to so we can meet Troy Baker and so i can host the melee tournament.

this weekend we might go to jack's just need to know if you wanna go bro out or we could just do huge anime night here.

and i couldn't get E3 off so basically going to sit as work watch live stream or call in on day 1.

Top Bottom