• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
BlazBlue: Continuum shift II for 3DS

Same style as its PS360 counterparts not the crappy one on DS

What are your thoughts?

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
BlazBlue: Continuum shift II for 3DS

Same style as its PS360 counterparts not the crappy one on DS

What are your thoughts?
no, every fighter besides smash needs to be played on a fight stick.

Hey ya'll, would any of you be interested in meeting up sometime this week for a friendly smashfest with me, Goblocks, and some of the other guys we brought to Smash n' Thrash?

I can read all of the tutorials and watch all the YouTube videos in the world, but I really need to play with people who use these techniques IRL to improve my game.
Arby and I are still at the dorms because we are waiting for them to move the old tenants out of our new room. I'm a little busy today, but anytime after I think I can play.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
no, every fighter besides smash needs to be played on a fight stick.
Snake Eyes won Street Fighter 2 HD Remix at Evo 2010 using Zangief on a pad. Elitist dumbotron!

Yeah, we can play whenever, wherever
we're meant to be together

Vice, if you beat me this Saturday, I will go home and work on Devour all Sunday and probably finish it. Either way, it will be done soon. But now it's interesting ;)

Nite

Smash Champion
A lot of people prefer to play Mortal Kombat on pad. There's been an increasing number of well above average Street Fighter 4 players that play on pad too. Vangief, Wolfkrone and Inthul just to name a few. It's just all about what you're most comfortable with.

farco1212

Smash Rookie
n

Arby and I are still at the dorms because we are waiting for them to move the old tenants out of our new room. I'm a little busy today, but anytime after I think I can play.
I think Wednesday afternoon would work for me and my friends. My friend Rishi said that he would be willing to host it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Snake Eyes won Street Fighter 2 HD Remix at Evo 2010 using Zangief on a pad. Elitist dumbotron!

Yeah, we can play whenever, wherever
we're meant to be together

Vice, if you beat me this Saturday, I will go home and work on Devour all Sunday and probably finish it. Either way, it will be done soon. But now it's interesting ;)
Oh, I might have to pick fox on you then :D

Vts

Smash Champion
you can't go back now that he added the cherry on top

get hype arby's first tournament win :D

i should try to stop it!

i got into work at 4pm hmm might be able to just call and be little late.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Would anyone here be interested in playing the game of smash today?

And Arby, I can't go fox cuz I'm scared of your marth. You know my fox is horrible vs Marth :(

G. Vice

Smash Lord
We are moving right now, but we're going to sleep right after. We have been up for too long. Arby says that you should come play tomorrow and that he might be up around midnight if you want to play. We still plan on making the smashfest tomorrow.

:phone:
As do I as soon as I know when and or where.

Arby, me and you need to get some matches. I'm in a training mood, so I need to play someone better than me aka you :D

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
I'm either the perfect guy to answer that, or perhaps the worst.

But, yes, the S&W dub is really good. Holo is less &itchy and more haughty, which works for me.

It also sounds really natural, which tends to be Funi's specialty.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Guess I'll rewatch Spice and Wolf just for the dubs then. :)

Thirded
You watched the chopped up corpse of a dub for Cardcaptor Sakura just because of the opening song. He who is without sin...
The opening song was the reason I watched the anime. :awesome:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
If you don't finish Baccano before you come up, I'll watch it with you

better than Durarara in every way except openings and endings, which you've shown are more important to you than the show itself... troublesome

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I don't have any problem with starting Baccano. Its the ending an anime which is my problem.
Mangas are the only way to fly (far faster to read a manga then watch an equivalent anime)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
When are we playing this children's video game?

^Same time post! Come see our new apartment and play until whenever the thing is Vice.
snap, I accidentally fell asleep after this. Sure, I'm meeting my bro for lunch, but when I get done there I'll come over for a bit.

farco1212

Smash Rookie
So I'm guessing a lot of smashing is going down today.

I talked to Rishi, he said he'd be glad to have everyone over for a smashfest at his apartment in Hillcrest at 7:30 tonight. He has a HDTV so we might need to bring a setup if you want to avoid getting used to the lag.

If you are interested in attending you should give me a call or text at 501-425-5001. I'll also try responding to ya'lls posts throughout the day.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
So Sentai posted the first episode of Angel Beats' dub for free on iTunes.

http://bit.ly/j6zaNG

I got to say...I am not a fan.

It's becoming increasingly obvious to me that Sentai doesn't really have the resources to put out dubs as good as ADV's stuff. Otanashi sounds like a goober. Everyone else in the SSS sounds pretty forced, with the exception of Hinata. Which is funny, because I'm not a huge fan of David Matranga. I actually sorta alright with Yuri's voice in and of itself. The hint of raspyness is kinda hot and I've heard this actress do better in Funi dubs. Maybe if she had more takes it would have worked out.

The extra vulgarity doesn't really help. It kinda worked for me with the Highschool of the Dead dub because that show was trashy to begin with, but here it just a giant distraction. Everytime I heard it it was like the name FOSTER popping up on the screen with giant red letters.

Angel was fine from what I've heard but then again she had like three lines. And I was really looking forward to Hillary Haag's Yui because I absolutely cannot stand that archetype in Japanese but now I dunno.

From now on, I'm going to cringe when I hear Sentai picking up shows I like.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I'm starting to read manga. :/

So Sentai posted the first episode of Angel Beats' dub for free on iTunes.

I got to say...I am not a fan.

It's becoming increasingly obvious to me that Sentai doesn't really have the resources to put out dubs as good as ADV's stuff. Otanashi sounds like a goober. Everyone else in the SSS sounds pretty forced, with the exception of Hinata. Which is funny, because I'm not a huge fan of David Matranga. I actually sorta alright with Yuri's voice in and of itself. The hint of raspyness is kinda hot and I've heard this actress do better in Funi dubs. Maybe if she had more takes it would have worked out.

The extra vulgarity doesn't really help. It kinda worked for me with the Highschool of the Dead dub because that show was trashy to begin with, but here it just a giant distraction. Everytime I heard it it was like the name FOSTER popping up on the screen with giant red letters.

Angel was fine from what I've heard but then again she had like three lines. And I was really looking forward to Hillary Haag's Yui because I absolutely cannot stand that archetype in Japanese but now I dunno.

From now on, I'm going to cringe when I hear Sentai picking up shows I like.
I think it sounds fine. Besides, they are just different interpretations.

Vts

Smash Champion
So been thinking of smash lately and curious to how to improve so going to ask for help from others and see where i'm messing up and where to improve

also messing with the buffer system jumping buffer to get hit by shine sends IC little to far to do anything but if timed right i can blizzard and it hit the fox but it might cost me my life if i'm near the ledge since i might keep sliding off.

bad character is bad ><

also spartacus is so big i can't bring the rest of the episodes unless i put them on my external ><, guess i'll do that.

Vts

Smash Champion
Don't forget guys, this Friday is our monthly tournament! Hope to see some of you cats there :)
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201194083255417
i will show up and i will not be able to stay for it all unless it starts at like 1230 lol

got work at 4pm in little rock so gotta leave by 320

dear jesus trying to organize my /a/ folder and just from my new stuff i have 765 images...

then i have my current /a/ folder with 142 + 8200 old/a/ folder+ 150 other folder+ 420 random images+ 245 of the og /a/ folder+ 132 yayoi folder and then 765 new images.

I need a new hobby instead of 4 chan lol about 10k pictures not counting my 2000 wallpapers

Top Bottom