• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

AR_ACE

Smash Rookie
I was waiting for Vts to message me so we could all get together... Anyone wanna go eat as well?

Vts

Smash Champion
Smym Results!

1. Darkrain! (Falcon) $900+ winning
2. Cosmo (zelda fools!) $350+ winning
3. Andale (puff and some falco) $150+ winning

also andale tried to split with cosmo and cosmo said no so during losers finals he camped the ledge puff vs zelda saying i'll make u split with me.

but cosmo being the ulta-bro he is said no and beat him and not shaking his hand.

gj andale hurting your own rep for maybe 50-100 more money.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Yea... I was pretty mad salty. I was put in a dilemma i didn't want to be in (so i bursted out of instinct)...

Controller broke on the spot before bracket... Wanted to raise money for charity (but didn't want to play with someone else's controller)... Wanted to split... Cosmo said no... Forced to play with little hope of winning... Yelled inappropriately to try to make Cosmo split with me... Better man won...

Cosmo is by no mean's disrespectful. I actually understand what situation he was put in. And I'm sorry. My approach to it was pretty disrepectful =\. I should've just begged him and kept on pushing for a split instead of yelling "I'll make you split" >.> Lesson learned. I hope you guys understand =(

(P.S. I play Puff, Falcon, Falco, Sheik in that order to most played to least)
Why is it that when one small thing breaks... I can't go full potential...
P.S.S. Sorry for the posse I brought over... If you heard what they said, I'm pretty sorry for that too! Good thing nothing happened... phew.... To the guy who trashed talked me and saw/heard the group of asians and left before something happened. Good thing you left =). Sorry about that!

P.S.S.S. Good thing i quit entering tournaments today and I would've forfeited if i didn't have charity on the line =\.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
1: darkrain
2: Cosmo
3: Andale
4: darkatma
5: Aarosmashguy
5: Matt R
7: Duck
7: Rat
9: Dart!
9: Tom R
9: Deku
9: dmac
13: Trail
13: Little England
13: CKIT
13: Salt
17: STQ
17: Fear
17: Tink
17: Z
17: Kels
17: AppleJack
17: Moose
17: Quaz
25: -Chad-
25: Iori
25: Viperboy
25: Iamthemicrowave
25: ORLY
25: Chexr
25: BlackPanther
25: Tomacawk

hm... not much of that makes sense. good ol' smash and its dependable upsets keeping things interesting.

Vts

Smash Champion
Yea... I was pretty mad salty. I was put in a dilemma i didn't want to be in (so i bursted out of instinct)...

Controller broke on the spot before bracket... Wanted to raise money for charity (but didn't want to play with someone else's controller)... Wanted to split... Cosmo said no... Forced to play with little hope of winning... Yelled inappropriately to try to make Cosmo split with me... Better man won...

Cosmo is by no mean's disrespectful. I actually understand what situation he was put in. And I'm sorry. My approach to it was pretty disrepectful =\. I should've just begged him and kept on pushing for a split instead of yelling "I'll make you split" >.> Lesson learned. I hope you guys understand =(

(P.S. I play Puff, Falcon, Falco, Sheik in that order to most played to least)
Why is it that when one small thing breaks... I can't go full potential...
P.S.S. Sorry for the posse I brought over... If you heard what they said, I'm pretty sorry for that too! Good thing nothing happened... phew.... To the guy who trashed talked me and saw/heard the group of asians and left before something happened. Good thing you left =). Sorry about that!

P.S.S.S. Good thing i quit entering tournaments today and I would've forfeited if i didn't have charity on the line =\.
It happens sometimes but be careful little things like this hurt how people view you

i met you once and u were cool but its been a year so gotta say when i heard this i was little surprised

also the 19th of march going to try to get satuday off so we can go to Springfield,MO for their tournament and they will try to come to ours on April 2nd

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday Jack!!

Even though you're not from Arkansas, I wanted to say hi on smashboards!

<3

Vts

Smash Champion
nvm don't worry about it.

also if we can go to this springfield tournament we gotta stop by this place that has the most amazing turkey and ham.

coursee's or something along that name i'll have to get it from my parents where the address is but everytime we visited family in springfield we got it and omg its better than Mean Pigs turkey and ham that they do during holidays

also andale is quitting melee.... :(

very sad day

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
nvm don't worry about it.

also if we can go to this springfield tournament we gotta stop by this place that has the most amazing turkey and ham.

coursee's or something along that name i'll have to get it from my parents where the address is but everytime we visited family in springfield we got it and omg its better than Mean Pigs turkey and ham that they do during holidays

also andale is quitting melee.... :(

very sad day
ok, but the only thing I'm confrontational about is half-spoken/hidden emotions (as recently exhibited), so if there's something going on or something wrong with me I want to know.

have you been to lamberts in eastern missouri? I think it took the top spot on food network's places to pig out. that place is amazing.

kels says he wants to quit too. one bad tourney shouldn't matter that much :(

Vts

Smash Champion
ok, but the only thing I'm confrontational about is half-spoken/hidden emotions (as recently exhibited), so if there's something going on or something wrong with me I want to know.

have you been to lamberts in eastern missouri? I think it took the top spot on food network's places to pig out. that place is amazing.

kels says he wants to quit too. one bad tourney shouldn't matter that much :(
thats the place that throws rolls at you right?

idk if want food being thrown at me to the honest.

yeah guess time will tell if he does quit or not.

also going to call the school for teh deaf and waifu blind later

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
they do throw rolls, but it's more about the endless appetizers and giant portions. that's how I remember it from sixth grade, at least.

go community service!

BunBun

Smash Master
The tourney wasn't bad, there was just some drama in losers finals, and a lot of people felt they played bad, and Deku pushed the **** button on his controller.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
It happens sometimes but be careful little things like this hurt how people view you

i met you once and u were cool but its been a year so gotta say when i heard this i was little surprised

also the 19th of march going to try to get satuday off so we can go to Springfield,MO for their tournament and they will try to come to ours on April 2nd
yea, i didn't think it'd be THAT offending. But apparently it was and i can see how. Thanks. I'll just try to to think twice before saying things now.

Vts

Smash Champion
So i just got poke'mon and found out i'm off for march 19th for the tournament so we will leave friday afternoon around 2ish so we get there around 6:7pm and i'll get us a place to stay. Arby we teaming at that tournament ok. Also i have to request off for may 7th since i have to work on the 8th since my request was denied for both 7 and 8th.

edit- ok so the 19th MO tournament is a smashfest with a free bracket so sounds like fun i want to go but i want like 2-3 more ppl to come with me.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I really want to know how you overcame playing poorly. it could help me a lot.

*mindset-wise
Did you mean to quote me, and are you asking me?

Or was that a mistake and it was meant for someone else? I thought you were talking to Andale right?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I was asking you

I know vts, will, and I at least are unable to break poor play, and it has to be a mental thing. you brought it back in a big way after being down on yourself, and I want to try and understand how.

dr pp is a strong supporter of taking breaks, and I know that works, but you started playing better midmatch it seems like.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I was asking you

I know vts, will, and I at least are unable to break poor play, and it has to be a mental thing. you brought it back in a big way after being down on yourself, and I want to try and understand how.

dr pp is a strong supporter of taking breaks, and I know that works, but you started playing better midmatch it seems like.
Oh. Well, like I was saying when I was getting combo'd 0-death and stuff I got frustrated. I got tunnel vision and I guess my frustration just led to more bad play. I guess I just thought how silly it was to get mad about playing a game with my friends. I know personally that being around someone like I was during that 30 minute span isn't fun to be around, so I just tried to quit having that mentality.

It helped too that you were being logical. I think it helped that you just verbalized that I was playing off, and that it was out of the norm. I'm not sure, I don't suppose I know how my mind works. And also like you said, I started to get the hang of it. It just took losing some matches, and adjusting and making conscious different decisions that made it start working.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
thanks. I keep forgetting that fun is everything. it's why I play and always the reason I play well. it also clears my mind to get better.

you know I'm frustrated when I stop talking or responding. sometimes I tell myself I'm in serious mode working to improve, but I never get anywhere like I do when just letting the good times roll. ok, this game is for fun and only fun. can't forget again.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm glad you guys are going to try to come to our tourney. VTS if we're gonna go to your tourney I need more info on it. Is it A.R.K. or a different one you're having? Because we're already planning on going to ark...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
thanks. remembering that you're supposed to be having fun is hard sometimes... consciously trying to adapt and improve is harder. I guess that's what happened?

you know I'm frustrated when I stop talking or responding. sometimes I tell myself I'm in serious mode working to improve, but I never get anywhere like I do when just letting the good times roll. alright, this game is for fun and only fun. can't forget again.
Same here. I'm usually frustrated if I'm not saying much.

But yeah, pretty much. Not to say that you can't have intense matches where you're trying hard to win. I think that finding your own faults, correcting them, and exploiting the other guy's faults and punishing as much as possible is what makes it fun. Winning is just a by-product of the successful process. Wins are fun, but shouldn't be the sole reason for smash.

VTS, what was up with that "shut up shut up" post? I don't see the reasoning.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yeah, kind of like how playing poorly makes you feel bad, which makes you play worse and so on, I think there's also a cycle with having fun, playing well, thus having more fun. it's the best part about this game besides the community.

it reminds me of silentspectre's rule that whoever is having more fun will win. chamber and I have talked about how good melee can make you feel sometimes. the tingly feeling is ridiculously amazing. who needs drugs when I have video games!?

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm glad you guys are going to try to come to our tourney. VTS if we're gonna go to your tourney I need more info on it. Is it A.R.K. or a different one you're having? Because we're already planning on going to ark...
Yeah ark is one tournament that i'm co-hosting with friends but the huge tournament doesn't have a date yet.

but ark 3 is april 2nd if u want to come or on may 7th is another tournament i'll be helping co-host that will have teams/single and FFA which is odd lol

but Ark would be best the other one is really small ark is larger.

g.vice the shut up post was me being emo the other night and failing a lot fox is dumb

G. Vice

Smash Lord
yeah, kind of like how playing poorly makes you feel bad, which makes you play worse and so on, I think there's also a cycle with having fun, playing well, thus having more fun. it's the best part about this game besides the community.

it reminds me of silentspectre's rule that whoever is having more fun will win. chamber and I have talked about how good melee can make you feel sometimes. the tingly feeling is ridiculously amazing. who needs drugs when I have video games!?
Some of the best times I've felt when playing smash was when right after I got done playing DoH for the first time with pretty decent success, as well as Arc. But I think Arby you witnessed some of the best fun I had when I almost pulled out that win from getting four stocked from Arc on Dream Land. You remember it right Arby? I'm pretty sure you said something to me later about it after the fact.

Good times :D

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
fox is dumb

Some of the best times I've felt when playing smash was when right after I got done playing DoH for the first time with pretty decent success, as well as Arc. But I think Arby you witnessed some of the best fun I had when I almost pulled out that win from getting four stocked from Arc on Dream Land. You remember it right Arby? I'm pretty sure you said something to me later about it after the fact.

Good times :D
the combos in that match (and you vs arc in general) were unspeakable. the combos he did to me right after embarrassed my whole family tree, or shrubbery as the case may be.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yeah ark is one tournament that i'm co-hosting with friends but the huge tournament doesn't have a date yet.

but ark 3 is april 2nd if u want to come or on may 7th is another tournament i'll be helping co-host that will have teams/single and FFA which is odd lol

but Ark would be best the other one is really small ark is larger.

g.vice the shut up post was me being emo the other night and failing a lot fox is dumb
A.R.K. we are coming to, May 7th we will be in Lawrence, KS for Event 52.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
yeah, if it's anything like the previous two. maybe the other thing could be rescheduled?
It should be pretty big...maybe more in attendance than the other two, but I wouldn't expect the talent the other two had. M2K won the first one and Mango won the second, so I doubt one of them or other national player would show...expect maybe HungryBox.

Attendance wise it should be the biggest seeing as how it'll be the first one to feature Brawl as well. I hate brawl but whatever, lol.

Top Bottom