• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Plank overestimated the number of entrants/hotel rooms to be rented out and based his payout to the winners and hotel around that. Not nearly enough showed up, and he had to pay for the leftover rooms based on his deal with the hotel. At this point (from what I understand), he knew what was coming but didn't tell anyone, instead trying to find some possible good solution for a couple weeks. In the end, he had to use the pot to pay the hotel for the venue, as well as some out of his own pocket. Winners didn't get anything, which put at least some of them in a really tight spot financially.

The smash community, though flaky, generally has a good heart and has started several funds to raise the prize money. Plank might be taken to small claims court because I think he isn't responding to anyone, making a personal solution impossible. He doesn't have money either, but the issue is he used the winners' money (the pot) to pay for his own problems rather than pay them and find another answer for himself. The hotel is infinitely more likely to litigate against him than smashers (and be sure of success). This is more sad times because Plank is/was a really good TO apparently. Everything went right except the community showing up and him handling that fact accordingly.

from what I understand

BunBun

Smash Master
And only the Brawl players are getting ragey.

PP, Armada, HBox and Axe have all said it really sucks, but they aren't raging about it, nor are they even especially mad, just let down and disappointed.

M2k is being his usual self, so it doesn't matter lol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I see...that would be upsetting. He should have at least done what he could about telling people instead of leading them to their doom.

IF that's what's happened. But I dunno enough about it to make a judgement call.

Btw, bunbun add Zane Redmon on facebook, it's me :D

BunBun

Smash Master
The reason he didn't tell anyone about it ahead of time was that he was trying to work it out with the hotel so he could still pay winners something.

Added

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
WHERE'S YOUR HEAD A-A-AT

Oh, I just died in your arms tonight

Love hurts
Love scars
Love wounds
And marks

You're beggin' me to go, you're makin' me stay
Why do you hurt me so bad?
It would help me to know
Do I stand in your way, or am I the best thing you've had?
Believe me, believe me, I can't tell you why
But I'm trapped by your love, and I'm chained to your side
We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love Is A Battlefield

etc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/g0yz4/dalai_lama_to_retire_citing_that_the_tibetan/
ooh boy

Vts

Smash Champion
arby are u out of class?

we should go eat mean pig cus i need to run to cabot to wash clothes and just got out of class.

shouldn't take to long cus we run to my house first pop in some clothes drive down the street eat amazing food then go back to house for 1-2+ hours watch a movie then back to little rock

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
busy until 4 probably

what about tomorrow? if seif and saber are awake, they can go too. cotham's is a closer option for some weekday we're all available.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
just letting you know that i posted in m2k's facebook notifaction machine
just to tell darc (dustin hayes) that you were serious about kirby

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i dove into the pits of facebook notification hell for you baby

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hmm...I didn't have plans this weekend if you guys didn't mind an extra Ganon main in the mix. I don't drink, but while you guys are doing all that I'm sure me and sober Arby could get some singles or something.

I realllllly need to relax after nursing finals here x_x

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah, the more the merrier.

When are we leaving?

Also Mean Pig sounds delicous.

Also, I wanna go to Tavern Bar again because that chicken burrito was awesome.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Alright. I'll check and make sure I can go. Would we be able to come back Saturday night so I can catch church though? If you guys aren't able, I can go ahead and work this weekend.

Also, does anyone have an idea on where to start for getting a custom color controller?

I need a new one, but I wanna get a special color, and I need the timing for my L button to be the same. At least the L button, I'm not sure if I could get an x button that would make it easier to shorthop with fox or not.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I don't think you can get a custom colored controller unless you pay extra for it to be painted. You can just replace the new bottom half of your controller with your old bottom. In addition, you can even move your buttons over.

Edit: If you are only worried about your grip wearing off, you can just take the grip from the new controller and put it on your old one.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Let me try your X button next time I see you

My new controller came in, and I swapped everything in from my old one except the two sticks. Just as I hoped, it's sensitive up so I can actually short hop with the stick again. My old stick was amazing down and to the right and this one blows, so that will take awhile. I miss most of my fastfalls right now :D

:'(

I doubt they want to go back Saturday night after drinking unless maybe you would drive, and even then likely not.
You should go! :(

edit
well maybe I was wrong

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah...I can definitely drive back if I need to. But I can't miss church and I can't let drunk people drive.

So, my offer is that. Seif, you need to be home too right?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I need to know exactly who's driving up there in the first place. I need to be able to contact him so we can work out the specs of the trip.

I'm guessing it's Seif or VTS right?

Top Bottom