• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
This PR is a joke right? 6th? I fail to see how Jard is placed higher than me. I've outplaced him every tourney and beaten him all the times we've played. Kyle, I can see. He beat me the last time we played and I did beat him with Marth the past tourney we played and might have again if I had opted to go Marth instead of Snake, but I did lose the last one. No johns, just sayin.

Jard higher than me though is pure bias and you know it. Srsly. I don't know what type of scene you are trying to promote, but this update is kinda bias and I'm not happy about it. Nothing like killing my drive to even want to play anymore. : /

If anything, Kyle deserves 4th and Jard 6th. I don't know about Kyle, but I've sure placed higher than Jard all the time and beaten him when he entered. I think Kyle has before too though I can't speak for him.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
WTF IM SOO PISSSSSED. HOW THE **** DOES FORWARD AHEAD OF ME WHEN HE GOT 2nd 2nd 3rd AND ME GETTING 5th 5th 2nd WITH HIM BEATING ME TWICE AND ME BEATING HIM ONCE WHEN HE WAS HIGH. THAT MAKES NO SENSE, THIS IS BULL ****
LOL

Jane

Smash Hero
Hahaha, kira. i had to reread what you posted cuz i was like... lolwutermelons x]

Also, is this true that you lost to fino at supercon??

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
It was ******** I normally two stock fino but i just lost to cheese which is someone that i normally always beat as well my mindset was so trashed at that point and i ended up losing. it was terrible, to tell the truth i was garunteed 7th, there wasnt anyone below that placing that would have lost to if i wasnt playing bad.

Blood hawk

You entered one tournament.

You beat him but you failed to beat anyone else that was good, and you've only entered one tournament this season. Jard entered THREE and he beat Kira twice.

oh yea Jard beat the undefeatable number 1 player in this state at Devastation.

plus you only entered one tournament this season.

Do you have a rebuttal?

PS. Stop using words like "i outplaced him ALL THE TIME" you only entered one tournament this season.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
He has to watch out for me though, because I'm gunning for the #1 spot now. You better watch your ***** everyone, my Peach means serious business.

:peach: :peach: :peach:

<3 <3 <3

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Haha no way!! My Peach would destroy you in both games. <3 Curb stomp ftw?? <3 <3 <3

Silly Kyle is the best Kyle ever!!

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Not on the list are ****ing kidding me chris. I've placed either last or close to last every tournament! What's the deal!

hadesblade

Smash Lord
WTF I'm higher than rain he ***** me last time we played in tourney, and the only time I beat players ranked higher than us he outplaced me by like 4 spots.

amidoinitrite?

I miss you guys.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Do you have a rebuttal?
For the record, I'd probably be more open to entering more if the PR wasn't so biased in the decision making department every season. Also, keeping the entry fee at 10 dollars just so this state can line your pocket doesn't help the attendance cause either. To be honest, I'd rather spend the extra $5 going out somewhere with friends than paying the same people every time I go to a tournament, so I guess I don't blame myself for entering only 1. I have a job, but for this small scene, 10 dollars is kind of ridiculous. If the mission statement is all about "STATE IMPROVEMENT", then the entry fee being $5 shouldn't be an issue at all.

That being said, the only person I've lost to besides Kyle, in the last tournament I entered, is Kira. Every time, winners and losers. I keep meeting him and he knocks me out both times every tournament. Saying I've failed to beat anyone good is hardly the case, more like I've failed to beat Kira. Doesn't surprise me because he's really good and cares about getting better at the game. I'm happy for him. I've just had the bad luck of meeting him every ****ing tourney. lol

I entered two tournaments this season I think, but I'm not positive. I don't feel like looking up the threads for all the tournaments that went into consideration this season and it hardly matters anyway. I've got so much RL johns I can't put much time in to improve. If you think Jard should be placed higher than me, then that's fine. I'm not going to argue it anymore and I'll just let it be. At the very least, he shouldn't be over Kyle though. If I recall, Jard's attendance isn't exactly stellar either as he always chooses not to enter, again because of the entry fee I'm sure.

I don't believe the PR was fair to Kyle at all, because he definitely deserves to be placed higher than Jard. If not for how good he's been placing as well as beating me. He's shown much improvement and has entered almost every tournament and placed high in all of them. If you're going to count attendance against me then you should against Jard too, because I'm pretty sure Kyle has entered more than Jard and placed higher. I love Jard, don't get me wrong, but at the very least I don't think he deserves to be placed over Kyle. The PR needs to step it up and give people their rightful place for once. Every season someone gets shafted.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Kyle has actually entered as many tournaments as me (two). His were first and 3rd of the season. Mine were 2nd and 3rd. We both have a 3rd place and a 5th place.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I don't understand where you guys are getting these numbers because this whole operation seems disorganized as ****. Are TIO files even saved like they should be? I'm not doubting, I'm just asking.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I don't understand where you guys are getting these numbers because this whole operation seems disorganized as ****. Are TIO files even saved like they should be? I'm not doubting, I'm just asking.
Sounds like a hell of a lot of doubting to me. ;D And I'm sure Kyle will come in and back up his 3 and 5. But you know, just because I'm a great guy, I actually will go find the tournament threads lol.

First tournament of the season
Second tournament of the season
Final tournament of the season

There you go. All the tournaments this season.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
At the very beginning of this thread, there was an in-depth analysis of each person's placement. I think we should incoroporate that again.

Don't forget Devastation Javier

Also Kevin rode his bike to venues today to see whats up haha

Concerning the entrance fee

I pay out extremely generous

Last tournament Kyle got 40$ and I only got 57$ (when first is suppose to get double of second) because I let poor people slide and am just nice, and cut the payout from only my own winnings.

Also there isn't doubles much anymore so 10$ to play for the whole day is fine.

10$ is standard and I actually have to win too. A decent fee just for using my house and the 6 hours I have spend cleaning up afterwards. If you care so much that I am a supposed tyrant, don't come or find your own venue to host. I don't think you realize how much of a pain it is, since you don't deal with it.

The rest of us will spend out time having a blast like we always do and did last tournament.

and also, it's ALWAYS pools or round robin so everyone gets a ton of matches in anyways.

Oh yea I'm not the only one on the PR, forgot that too.

Stop hating so much, seriously. I don't hate you nor care about the rankings enough to be biased. You won't be able to succeed at making me look horrible.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Official Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Everybody Hates Chris Thread

After looking at the results I can honestly see why people were ranked where they are at, and see nothing wrong with that.

BloodHawk just play in tourneys, you have improved so so much, and are a threat to a lot of people. I dunno why you don't try man, like you can't really complain about your rank when you don't play and back it up. Even if you know for a fact you are better than people that are ranked higher, results are the only thing that prove so. I know you can do it man just like Chris I was beating you constantly but you didn't give up and you improved and even got better than me man. Just saying <3

Also Chris I love you stay small my friend and quit being a jew :3

Jane

Smash Hero
Ahahaha! i still remember when atomsk posted all tho snubbull pics and i was laughing my *** of.

Love ya chris <33

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
READ DIS POST FOR TEH HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS STEP UP TIME!!!!!!!!

As chris mentioned before I went to some venues today trying to get Regular tournaments set up.

I got up this morning finally feeling non lazy so i decided to take a 6.5 mile bike ride to gamer's inn which is the venue chris found. When i got there i talked to the manager about it and he tells me "That big room over there only has two outlets........ oh oh and Im booked pretty much each weekend doing magic, yugioh, and pokemon card tournies." Translation: "Get the **** out of here you black *** piece of ****." I then proceed to ask him "Do you know of any near by possible venues". He says "Oh nope not a clue" and then just leaves the store right after. Then I turned to the Non racist white guy and he says "Try bookmans or Atomic comics.

I rode to Atomic comics and explained eveything to the supposed store manager. "Oh im not the real manager just a sub, come back tommorrow when the the real store manager is here." Then I turned to the Non racist guy and he says "just make some sort of portfolio and write down all the info and make it look professional and the higher ups will decide." I just left after that since they both hated black people

I do Plan on making that thing, but for now the next tourny will be at our place again. I plan on haveing the next one after wards at either bookmans or atomic comics.

Anyways the Heres the good news Hype. ASU starts today! I just got finished with the Flyers!!!!! I will be going to ASU today with chris to print probably 35 copies, 25 to post around ASU and 10 for around town (gamestores, random popular places, maybe on a couple of buses lol.)

AUGUST 28th step it up! and expect the biggest turn out we've had for a long time. Wish i coulda got that venue because i dont think there will be enough space at our place lol. btw you guys can thank me later... or now if you want.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284301

Top Bottom