• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
10$ is standard and I actually have to win too. A decent fee just for using my house and the 6 hours I have spend cleaning up afterwards. If you care so much that I am a supposed tyrant, don't come or find your own venue to host. I don't think you realize how much of a pain it is, since you don't deal with it.

The rest of us will spend out time having a blast like we always do and did last tournament.

and also, it's ALWAYS pools or round robin so everyone gets a ton of matches in anyways.

Oh yea I'm not the only one on the PR, forgot that too.

Stop hating so much, seriously. I don't hate you nor care about the rankings enough to be biased. You won't be able to succeed at making me look horrible.
I didn't mean for my reply to be a stab at anyone. My wording may have been off a bit to what a was trying to convey. The pocket lining comment wasn't meant as in you are stealing peoples money but more toward the fact that we already know who's going to win. Not trying to doubt anyone, but let's be honest, how many times have you lost recently Chris?

I was simply suggesting that 5$ shouldn't be THAT big of a problem if the biggest concern to everyone is getting better and improving and not about how much is paid out. Case in point, the same people always winning. Our scene is small enough as it is and $10 entry fee can be quite daunting to young people without jobs. I wasn't trying to assume you were doing anything "shady". I just posted my thoughts on the entry fee. Nor was I trying to sound disrespectful either because I do appreciate the fact you use your house as a venue and I didn't consider the clean up aspect so that is my blunder. 6 hours seems a little exaggerated though, I've had parties that took less clean up time.

I also wasn't trying to make you look horrible either. The PR comment was directed at everyone on the PR, not you specifically. I'm well aware you aren't the only PR panelist. No need to assume I'm hating. I just really feel Kyle deserves the nod over Jard is all. You gotta admit too, if it came to a tie between Kyle and Jard, you'd give the nod to your doubles partner naturally. Hades got mad screwed before one season when he placed super high a lot, beat Wobbles, and didn't move anywhere. People have been wrongly placed before in the past. That's all I was trying to say as far as the "someone gets shafted every season" line.

I don't know why you assumed my post was full of hate. I wish I could like, convey tone through the internet. I'd probably make a million dollars.

I don't hate you Chris or look down on you. I hug you every time I see you for cripes sake. Lighten up a little man, nothing wrong with a little controversy about the PR amongst comrades. That's what this thread exists for amirite? :3

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Bloodhawk just **** this time, 3 tournies left of the season, do good and you got it! also 10 dollar singles fee isnt some rediculous entry fee in a lot of states the fee is 10 dollars. Btw now that we will get many more people its very very reasonable

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
READ DIS POST FOR TEH HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS STEP UP TIME!!!!!!!!

As chris mentioned before I went to some venues today trying to get Regular tournaments set up.

I got up this morning finally feeling non lazy so i decided to take a 6.5 mile bike ride to gamer's inn which is the venue chris found. When i got there i talked to the manager about it and he tells me "That big room over there only has two outlets........ oh oh and Im booked pretty much each weekend doing magic, yugioh, and pokemon card tournies." Translation: "Get the **** out of here you black *** piece of ****." I then proceed to ask him "Do you know of any near by possible venues". He says "Oh nope not a clue" and then just leaves the store right after. Then I turned to the Non racist white guy and he says "Try bookmans or Atomic comics.

I rode to Atomic comics and explained eveything to the supposed store manager. "Oh im not the real manager just a sub, come back tommorrow when the the real store manager is here." Then I turned to the Non racist guy and he says "just make some sort of portfolio and write down all the info and make it look professional and the higher ups will decide." I just left after that since they both hated black people

I do Plan on making that thing, but for now the next tourny will be at our place again. I plan on haveing the next one after wards at either bookmans or atomic comics.

Anyways the Heres the good news Hype. ASU starts today! I just got finished with the Flyers!!!!! I will be going to ASU today with chris to print probably 35 copies, 25 to post around ASU and 10 for around town (gamestores, random popular places, maybe on a couple of buses lol.)

AUGUST 28th step it up! and expect the biggest turn out we've had for a long time. Wish i coulda got that venue because i dont think there will be enough space at our place lol. btw you guys can thank me later... or now if you want.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284301

so the one time you expect a GIANT turn-out, and then you host melee with brawl?

how will this work out?

Jane

Smash Hero
Wow good stuff kira :D way to take the initiative!

Also lol if theres a big turnout, the only thing im *****ing about is that its gonna be hot AS **** up in there lol

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
SSFIV does tournaments at bookmans every once in a while. It's a very nice venue. Defiantly a good place to hold a giant tournament.

Make this a regional.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I simply had better wins/losses than Kyle last season. He could very well be above me this time for being a better player, if I even enter lol.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
This season im going all peach, wolf, and bowser. Im sure Kyle will be proud!!

Doubles will still be going Pit/Rob

Edit: I didnt go to print out those flyers today i just learn from yan that they have a giant room in the back of bookman's so tommorrow im going to bike there and ask if it would be ok to set regular tournies there. If they turn out to be racist then ill try atomic comics one more time.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
all Snake.

maybe some Falcon if I'm feeling saucy playing a scrub.

or if I have to play any douchebag that uses Olimar, I'll use Falco or Peach on them.

Derp has aids.

i hate you.

Hoorah kira! I have a a competent wolf friend now. Is there anyone big in the arizona brawl scene named steven? He's apparently my competition at a gametag tournament. Oh and kyle if ya see this how would you rate my peach? Any potential?

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Hoorah kira! I have a a competent wolf friend now. Is there anyone big in the arizona brawl scene named steven? He's apparently my competition at a gametag tournament. Oh and kyle if ya see this how would you rate my peach? Any potential?
Well theres a guy named Steven and his gamertag is Stevo. Hes Big, Hes black, and hes my brother.

Mostly doing Peach/wolf they counter each others bad match ups like pit/rob!!!

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Oiva! I actually have internet for a little while, soo...

...Who'd be willing to send some friend codes my way and teach my online play?
'Cause these random *******s are a-holes....

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Update

I went to bookmans after explaining they seemed really excited to do smash bros tournies. They gave me a number and now i need to call it. As of now the the tourny on August 28th will be here at our place. I will try to get the next tourny to be at bookmans and try to have it regularly there. Im hopeing it will be big enough to host a regional there as well.

Also I got the flyers. will post them at ASU with chris's help and info on the schools layout.
So pretty much we are almost all set *****s

Jane

Smash Hero
for dat bookmanz!

hahaha, and i read that address you posted starting on the right and i thought it was a real address, so i was like thinking "wtf ahah rear lane hole what kinda shi-*reads 6969* ...aw ****"

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Try to get the tournament on the 28th in bookmans. I really don't think it's a good idea to put out a ton of fliers, but still host at your house. I know our scene is small right now, and we want to make it bigger, but making a ton of people's first tournament one at a tiny *** cramped, sweaty, hot, dirty apartment doesn't seem like a good first impression.

Dnyce

Smash Master
It was ******** I normally two stock fino but i just lost to cheese which is someone that i normally always beat as well my mindset was so trashed at that point and i ended up losing. it was terrible, to tell the truth i was garunteed 7th, there wasnt anyone below that placing that would have lost to if i wasnt playing bad.
For clarification, kira means "I played friendlies with Fino once at 4 a.m. (after 8 hours of work, a 5 hour flight, 2 trams, a bus and an hour train) and 2-stocked him once with ROB" :)

No offense, but didn't you say you were also "just playing bad" during pools at APEX? No disrespect, I normally don't participate in this type of talk. =/

Jar'd

Smash Ace
yo fino tell mjg he's a *****

but actually I never heard Kira make "I was playing bad in pools at apex" johns real talk.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Try to get the tournament on the 28th in bookmans. I really don't think it's a good idea to put out a ton of fliers, but still host at your house. I know our scene is small right now, and we want to make it bigger, but making a ton of people's first tournament one at a tiny *** cramped, sweaty, hot, dirty apartment doesn't seem like a good first impression.
Doesnt matter both tournies are going to be MUCH bigger than weve had before garunteed and thats what we want in the first place. Dont want to have another small *** tourny ohhh helllll naw,

For clarification, kira means "I played friendlies with Fino once at 4 a.m. (after 8 hours of work, a 5 hour flight, 2 trams, a bus and an hour train) and 2-stocked him once with ROB" :)

No offense, but didn't you say you were also "just playing bad" during pools at APEX? No disrespect, I normally don't participate in this type of talk. =/
First off No i didnt say i was just playing bad at Apex, I was playing my absolute best but didnt make it out because, even though i beat inui, he had one more game win him having 8-6 and me having 7-5.

You should know i was playing terrible too it was obvious as heck. Not to be rude and seriously no offense to you at all I really do respect you as a person and a player, but i wouldnt get ***** by you like that if i wasnt in that terrible mind set after loseing to cheese. Because i lost to cheese i missed my chance to fight mike haze which i REALLY REALLY wanted, it screwed me up so much, I was so angry i missed my probably once in a hell of a long time opportunity.

Fino dont take what i said in a negative way. What i said is truth in my eyes, not gunna lie but thats what i acctually believe. So prove me wrong, **** me next time we play I wont have that terrible mind set because thats a rarity for me.

Seriously though please dont be mad at me, its just trash talk, everybody trash talks in this game. I just dont hope you contribute that over to how I am as a person. WE had a lot of great times, we hung out a lot and i feel that we get along. You are a cool guy to hang out with and I enjoyed your company. So what do you say man, we still pals......???

Dnyce

Smash Master
First off No i didnt say i was just playing bad at Apex, I was playing my absolute best but didnt make it out because, even though i beat inui, he had one more game win him having 8-6 and me having 7-5.

You should know i was playing terrible too it was obvious as heck. Not to be rude and seriously no offense to you at all I really do respect you as a person and a player, but i wouldnt get ***** by you like that if i wasnt in that terrible mind set after loseing to cheese. Because i lost to cheese i missed my chance to fight mike haze which i REALLY REALLY wanted, it screwed me up so much, I was so angry i missed my probably once in a hell of a long time opportunity.

Fino dont take what i said in a negative way. What i said is truth in my eyes, not gunna lie but thats what i acctually believe. So prove me wrong, **** me next time we play I wont have that terrible mind set because thats a rarity for me.

Seriously though please dont be mad at me, its just trash talk, everybody trash talks in this game. I just dont hope you contribute that over to how I am as a person. WE had a lot of great times, we hung out a lot and i feel that we get along. You are a cool guy to hang out with and I enjoyed your company. So what do you say man, we still pals......???

<3 - bbl

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Doesnt matter both tournies are going to be MUCH bigger than weve had before garunteed and thats what we want in the first place. Dont want to have another small *** tourny ohhh helllll naw,
Mo scrubs
Mo Money=Mo *****es

The original X=Y value.
It does matter, because rushing it is stupid. We don't just want "one tournament that's a lot bigger". We want "a bunch of tournaments that are much bigger, and an overall healthier scene." The fact is, the majority of the new people that will come probably won't be as competitive as us. If they were, they'd probably know of swf already. I can't see all of them coming with the sole goal of being the greatest ever, with the determination to oversee everything bad. For their first tournament to be a piece of **** in a small cramped room that makes things pretty much completely unenjoyable, it's not going to send them a good message that we're a great scene and they should totally come to our next tournament. It's going to give them a terrible impression. Sure, some people will come back either way, but I just think that if we are REALLY aiming for a bigger scene, we should try to make the new people's first tournament experience as good as possible.

Top Bottom