• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
this right here ladies and gents. this is the reasoning behind (most) pro banners. not cuz he is too hard to beat. but because so many people use him because he is by far the best, thus leading to less character diversity. thats all it boils down to.

DIVERSTY!
That's pro banners main reasoning? Seriously? Because that is probably the worst excuse I have heard for banning MK. You don't try to force people to be more diverse by slapping on rules and regulations. I get your intentions, and that they're good ones, but banning a character is going about it the wrong way. All a ban on metaknight (even temporary) serves to do is make people pick up snake or diddy until mk's ban comes off and they'll just pick him right back up again. Or, god forbid, they'll put a ban on snake in the name of "diversity."

In every single fighting game, the top character gets the most exposure. That's just how it is. Putting a ban in place to try and stop it is ludicrous. Plus I think people are making to big of deal out of it to begin with. Is the scene dominated by MK? Of course. But we're slowly seeing big surges of diddy and others. Diddy didn't even used to be ranked that hi. Now he's considered 3rd best. Here in AZ, we have a seriously mean yoshi, an awesome peach, and one manly ganondorf. I'm all for diversity, but banning a character hinders it, period.

You want diversity? Promote it yourself.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Swoops is a very good man.

Lets stop the conversation though we need to discuss new PR and than the next tourneys that will count for the next PR update. As well as any plans to go OoS. Oh yea and how cute Chris would be dressed up as Snubbull <3

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Swoops U said one manly ganondorf....... im assumeing u left your self out? lol jk next tourny im gunna use ganon in some serious matches.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Lets stop the conversation though we need to discuss new PR and than the next tourneys that will count for the next PR update. As well as any plans to go OoS. Oh yea and how cute Chris would be dressed up as Snubbull <3
Yes, let us discuss power rankings.

1. Swoops
2. Swoops
3. Swoops while he is wearing a jacket
4. Snubbull
5. Kira
6. justinkamikaze
7. Swoopsondorf

etc.

Swoops U said one manly ganondorf....... im assumeing u left your self out?
You =/= manly. Sorry Kira, just the way it is. I mean...I beat a Peach. I beat women. That's the manliest kind of manly!

Jane

Smash Hero
Swoops, i agree with you. Banning mk would send snake/diddy/falco numbers through the roof. And yes in every fighting game, the best character gets used the most. No arguing that.

Although it would be wonderful if mk were to be banned, the chances of mk being banned are slim and i am fine with that.
I wasnt bringing up the diversity bit to try and convince anyone to ban mk, i was just trying to bring light to the pro banners reasoning.

Thats coming from someone who can't place top 16 when arizona and el paso come to their state. GG

This PR will be determined by the average values of everyone's lists, so a discussion won't really ensue. This is because this PR is way hard to determine. No bias means no one can complain.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
No that's just Dekar being too lazy to post on his own account.

Chris MM me in El Paso and quit being a woman, you have YET to MM me, despite saying you will do so over and over again.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Yes, let us discuss power rankings.

1. Swoops
2. Swoops
3. Swoops while he is wearing a jacket
4. Snubbull
5. Kira
6. justinkamikaze
7. Swoopsondorf

etc.
Needs moar Swoops IMO

This PR will be determined by the average values of everyone's lists, so a discussion won't really ensue. This is because this PR is way hard to determine. No bias means no one can complain.
By doing it that way, you are giving the panelists a chance to use biased opinions you know. Let's say, hypothetically, one or more panelists make a complete BS list that gets factored in. It seems to me, the response if that happened would be, too bad so sad. The point of a discussion is so you can actually discuss everyone's opinions on where a player should be placed, put the facts on the table, and make a decision that is fair based on who the players have beaten and how they have placed. Having everyone just make a list is the lazy way and sounds like a recipe for an unjust PR IMHO.

I'm not saying anyone will do that, I'm just saying the possibility of it happening is there. You guys do it however you see fit, cause I'm sure you will get complaints either way. I just feel if the PRs are as complicated as you say they are, having the panelists make lists without discussion is a dangerous route to go.

Yea of course the possibility is there, but if we discuss it, then one person or more says will get overshadowed by the louder voice and there is bias that way.

I sent a report to all the panelists with every single placing and all the people someone beat and lost to in a tournament. and we did discuss a lot over aim too so its not like we are hiding in shells making these lists.

and there are six votes so every persons list is only 1/6th of the entire vote.
and any point ties will be discussed

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Yea of course the possibility is there, but if we discuss it, then one person or more says will get overshadowed by the louder voice and there is bias that way.

I sent a report to all the panelists with every single placing and all the people someone beat and lost to in a tournament. and we did discuss a lot over aim too so its not like we are hiding in shells making these lists.

and there are six votes so every persons list is only 1/6th of the entire vote.
and any point ties will be discussed

Well, that doesn't seem too bad. That clears up a lot of the doubt I was having about the issue. I figured everyone was going in blind without data. All I have left to say is, can't wait for the results. :3

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
After all the averages are compiled to form THE list, will you guys do another sort of final examination and have a short discussion on any possible kinks?

And in the OP's initial form, you had an explanatory summary of why people placed where they did. Another for the new one would be great.

@ derp, yea we'll see if there is anything weird, but for the most part it should be final

and there might be an explanation, since I'm the only one who ever types anything it just depends on if I feel like writing a ton again lol

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
@Darklink

This is isaccard this time, <333 you too!

I'll MM your MK and MM whatever other character you play. I might get gayed but I can tell from your dsmash spam you probably have trouble even selecting a character that's not MK let alone playing one.

See you in El Paso!

Duff0

Smash Ace
Blood Hawk is hoping for second. There's no way he can be in front of Duff0, so he doesn't even hope.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
I didn't make it to that tourney thing.

I'mma leave the approaching list.

Bout' time.

Top Bottom