• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Light_

Smash Apprentice
AZ should host a Melee and Brawl tournament for me on March 13. I'll be off that weekend so I can plan to go down to Arizona!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
AZ should host a Melee and Brawl tournament for me on March 13. I'll be off that weekend so I can plan to go down to Arizona!
omg

that's like, THE day im taking the SAT

i doubt it'll take that long

****, so ill already be in tempe

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
i think tomorrow

also i will probably be hosting a tournament at my house next month with MK banned but it will probably not count towards PR but it is to prove that chris and I can still win without him but i will have talk to chris more about it

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
also i will probably be hosting a tournament at my house next month with MK banned but it will probably not count towards PR but it is to prove that chris and I can still win without him but i will have talk to chris more about it
When did that ever come into question? You shouldn't have to prove anything. I already know you guys can do fine with other characters.

I never said you guys couldn't win without MK. You guys just use the best option at your disposal, nothing wrong with that. Personally, I'd use him if I liked his play style. I just don't like using MK is all. I can't play him that well cause I don't find his play style that fun or appealing. Snake's suits me much better.

I hope I don't come off as a "You guys only do good cause of MK" kind of guy, cause I really could care less personally. lol I just think the game would be much more fun without him and that's about where I stand. I'll play the game either way.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
its just so anybody that is pro ban here can see that MK isn't the problem to why they are losing i mean if Atomsk can beat Chris and I with any other character why can't other people here do it as well

hadesblade

Smash Lord
its just so anybody that is pro ban here can see that MK isn't the problem to why they are losing i mean if Atomsk can beat Chris and I with any other character why can't other people here do it as well
I'm not pro ban because I think I would win if mk were banned. Is that how you percieve all pro ban? Just whining because they can't beat the best character? Is that really the only point in pro ban you guys see?

Idk if I really want to start more pro ban vs anti ban so I'm tempted to delete post. Anyway can't wait for PR.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
MK is the best character in the game yes and I for one understand why so many people want him banned, but the thing is here in AZ there is no point for him to be banned. One because Chris is the only real MK main and second he doesn't plank or time people out or scrooge. I wanted him to be banned for soooooo long but why? Its not like everybody here uses him and its not like even if people here picked him up they would do good against me, I have learned the MU so well by now its pointless. Once you stop complaining and get over it you will improve trust me. I know you can do it Hades you already have me scared of playing you plus the only reason I won is because the lame time out and I just observed what Atomsk and Chris did against you. Get passed it and step it up.

The whole metaknight ban issue is so stupid and is going to make me quit or hate the brawl community. How would you guys feel if they took away your character you put so much work into and learned a ton about.

Metaknight isn't bannable, ESPECIALLY in Arizona. We're not even at a high enough level where the most advanced player here could beat the best of most C/B tiers and above.

I wouldn't ban him even if the SBR did, but then again I'm just one tournament host.

@ Justin: If you're being serious about that (which I hope you're not) then let me know as soon as you are pretty sure its going to happen.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I think it would be cool if you guys hosted a MK banned tournament and see how the results would change, if at all ;)

Metaknight is DEFINITELY bannable. It makes me really sad to see less character diversity, like in the case of Arod switching from Lucas to MK. I understand the idea around him switching mains, but picking up MK isn't doing this game or community any good.

So there's a criteria that says more characters should be viable and that's why Metaknight is bannable? That's stupid.

There's nothing wrong with the current 5 completely viable characters

mk/snake/falco/diddy/ice climbers

and then the many "not viable enough to win a regional but still good enough to beat many good people"

marth/wario/etc etc etc

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
I was being serious about hosting just ONE banned MK tournament and it doesn't have to be towards rankings unless you feel confident enough for it to be. Also we have character diversity here and the only MK you guys should be losing to is just Chris and maybe mine because we have learned so much compared to anybody else who decides to pick him up here. Also its not our fault that nobody else has picked up ice climbers, falco, or diddy here that have an even MU against MK. You guys play characters that will still lose to any other S tier one not just MK. Like for Yoshi and Peach how would you feel if everybody just picked up Marth to beat you guys? Would you want him banned? I'm just hosting this tourney to prove that MK has nothing to do with your losses here.

some-guy

Smash Apprentice
How would you guys feel if they took away your character you put so much work into and learned a ton about.
Well since there are no bannable characteristics that Ness has then that is impossible sooo... idk . 3 .

I think it would be cool if you guys hosted a MK banned tournament and see how the results would change, if at all ;)

Metaknight is DEFINITELY bannable. It makes me really sad to see less character diversity, like in the case of Arod switching from Lucas to MK. I understand the idea around him switching mains, but picking up MK isn't doing this game or community any good.
This.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I was being serious about hosting just ONE banned MK tournament and it doesn't have to be towards rankings unless you feel confident enough for it to be. Also we have character diversity here and the only MK you guys should be losing to is just Chris and maybe mine because we have learned so much compared to anybody else who decides to pick him up here. Also its not our fault that nobody else has picked up ice climbers, falco, or diddy here that have an even MU against MK. You guys play characters that will still lose to any other S tier one not just MK. Like for Yoshi and Peach how would you feel if everybody just picked up Marth to beat you guys? Would you want him banned? I'm just hosting this tourney to prove that MK has nothing to do with your losses here.
i woulda picked up ic falco or diddy if they had the clear advantage in the snake mu at the time i hated snake :)

maybe ic's or diddy.... hmmmmz

Duff0

Smash Ace
Don't overreact guys. Everything is cool right now.

Chris, no one is banning MK, Justin just wants to experiment.

Dekar, no need for that.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
The Sage of Shadow: Darklink said:
How would you guys feel if they took away your character you put so much work into and learned a ton about.
Err...no characters in Brawl require you to put work into them.

Just sayin'.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
MK is not going to get banned even if he is officially he won't be here, this tournament is just an experiment like Duff said. After it I honestly don't want to hear anymore complaining or arguments about the ban. I stand neutral on it but he isn't worthy of ban, just play another game if you honestly feel like your SOOOOO GOOD but MK is holding you back.

Top Bottom