• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any characters you want that nobody else wants?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Piranha Plant I guess. I didn’t know I wanted it until it got announced, but apparently I do.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Well...there's a few:

Part of me has secretly wanted a Valve Rep...and I'm not talking about no Gordon Freeman or what's-her-name (Chell, right? Maybe Alex?) from Portal. I'm thinking either Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress 2. My heart's set on either William "Bill" Overbeck or Legitimately All nine members of Team Fortress...wrapped up into one character. It makes no sense and not even I could explain this want.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Psyduck comes to mind. My favorite Pokemon by far.

I also legitmately wouldn't mind Crocomire from Metroid.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well...there's a few:

Part of me has secretly wanted a Valve Rep...and I'm not talking about no Gordon Freeman or what's-her-name (Chell, right? Maybe Alex?) from Portal. I'm thinking either Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress 2. My heart's set on either William "Bill" Overbeck or Legitimately All nine members of Team Fortress...wrapped up into one character. It makes no sense and not even I could explain this want.
I mean, I wouldn't exactly be opposed to seeing two of my favorite games (TF2 and Smash) collide. It hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell of happening, but it would probably make my year if it did.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
A lot of characters in my signature are not particularly realistic, though some are less likely than others...

1. Bomberman (Assist Trophy, probably outcompeted by Simon and Richter)
  2. Krystal (Assist Trophy, questionable relevance, outcompeted by Wolf back during Brawl's development and has not been able to catch a break since)
  3. Vaati (Zelda character who isn't Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf Irrelevant)
  4. Lip (Buried by NoA's fear of alienating preteen boys back before My Little Pony proved that men can like "girly" things Irrelevant)
  5. Isaac (Assist Trophy, irrelevant)
  6. Geno (Third-party, Square Enix is too damn stingy copyright issues, questionable iconicness, competing with Sora (himself a licensing nightmare), a Dragon Quest representative, and Lara Croft)
  7. Banjo & Kazooie (Third-party, RIP Nintendo & Rareware's business relationship copyright issues, competing with Steve)
  8. Decidueye (Outcompeted by Incineroar)
  9. Lycanroc (Outcompeted by Incineroar)
  10. Corsola (Extremely irrelevant)
  11. Dragonite (Questionable relevance, will cause anti-genwunners to demand Sakurai's head on a pike invite controversy)
  12. Moge-ko (Third-party, home game is ultra-small-time indie and ridiculously family-unfriendly (with Moge-ko herself being a huge contributor to said family-unfriendliness))
  13. Monokuma (Third-party, questionable iconicness, not much more family-friendly than Moge-ko)

Out of all of the characters I want, Corsola and Moge-ko are the absolute least likely to get into Smash, ever. Corsola's odds were best in Melee (with "best" being a relative term), due to Generation II being the current generation at the time and pre-Echo clones being a big thing in that title (Corsola could easily borrow at least part of its moveset from Jigglypuff), and Sakurai went with Pichu instead — which was definitely a good move on his part, considering that Pichu was very heavily marketed. And in all honesty, Corsola could never beat Pichu in a popularity contest, even without the Pokémon Company going further out of their way to promote Pichu than Corsola. Pichu is a younger, cuter version of the franchise's mascot. Corsola has only gotten two things that make it stand out from other Pokémon, neither of which is a big claim to fame, nor were they things when Melee was being developed: a colony of Corsola is the foundation of Pacifidlog Town in Hoenn (introduced in Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire (Gen III (released between Melee and Brawl))), and Corsola is the Trademark Favorite Food of Mareanie and Toxapex (introduced in Pokémon Sun & Moon (Gen VII (released during development of Ultimate))).

As for Moge-ko... where do I even start on how badly the odds are stacked against her?!? I suppose that I should start by saying that not only is Moge-ko an indie character (and third-party to Nintendo virtually by definition), she's a small fry even among indie characters — Mogeko/Deep-Sea Prisoner, the creator and owner of Moge-ko, is nowhere near as much of a big name as the likes of WayForward (Shantae), Yacht Club Games (Shovel Knight), ZUN/Team Shanghai Alice (Reimu (Touhou)), Inti Creates (Gunvolt), Nicalis (Quote, Binding!Isaac, et al.), and a dozen more indie developers whose names I can't be bothered to look up because I'm spending a lot of time on this post as is. And when I call Mogeko/Deep-Sea Prisoner a small-fry indie developer, I am very much aware that indie studios and developers are, by definition, smaller than established gaming giants like Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Sega, Namco Bandai, Square Enix, Capcom, Konami, Activision, etc. — the label "indie" comes from not being attached to a large video-game company (if, say, WayForward were to become as big and successful as the likes of Sega, Capcom, or Konami, the term "indie" wouldn't really apply to it anymore). So, Moge-ko is a small fry in comparison to other small fries. As for Moge-ko's home game, Mogeko Castle... there is absolutely no way Nintendo is going to touch anything from that game, let alone Moge-ko, with a twenty-nine-and-a-half-foot pole, especially not in the context of making a Super Smash Bros. game. Mogeko Castle is a ridiculously dark game, with the plot essentially being a cavalcade of pitch-black comedy and some sort of horror — the main punchlines/frights being ephebephilia (to the point where the titular Mogekos' favorite pastime is to kidnap and do unspeakable things to freshly-pubescent girls... yes, I am dead serious), sexual assault (primarily inflicted on freshly-pubescent girls (I'm talking somewhere in the range of 10 to 14 years old (or whatever age Japanese kids go to high school — the game specifically refers to "high school girls"))), and egregious violence (mutilated corpses are a very common sight throughout the game). Moge-ko herself is, as a character, primarily defined by her sadism; her hobby is torturing people to death, with literal crucifixion being her starting point (again, I am absolutely not making this up). Add a ridiculously short temper, a tenuous grasp on sanity, and a mile-wide stubborn streak, and... yeah, she's basically a slasher villain and arguably meaner and scarier than Ridley, and adding her to Smash would make the game's rating skyrocket. Mogeko Castle is a surprisingly good story, but it is not for children or easily offended people, and elements from that game should not be present in a game marketed for children. Yes, Sakurai somehow managed to make Bayonetta work in Smash, but comparing Bayonetta to Moge-ko is like comparing apples to radishes, and the radishes have poisonous worms in them, and the worms want to kill you slowly and painfully, and they're carrying sharp, nasty knives. (And keep in mind that I like Moge-ko and Mogeko Castle.) What I'm trying to say is, I will be utterly shocked (and a bit worried about the sanity of Sakurai and/or Nintendo's leadership) if Moge-ko ends up in Smash — especially since Moge-ko is a third-party character who can't be considered iconic at all, which is enough to put her beneath Sakurai’s notice all by itself, never mind all the unpleasant aspects of her character and the game she'd be representing.

TL;DR: Corsola and Moge-ko in Smash would actually be pretty cool IMO, but they're never gonna happen. (Holy crap, this post took a long time to write. Also, this post would have made way more sense in a thread about unrealistic character desires rather than unpopular character desires, but apparently they're the same thing? (No, they're not. Thanks, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth . :upsidedown:))

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
The characters that I want most are Professor Hector and Professor Vector but everyone wants them. But I also want Porygon and he might be less wanted.

Last edited:

Cobalt Chalcedony

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see Bartz Klausker, while he was considered for smash 4 alongside Tera i think he would represent the snes era and the common Job/Class system found in multiple Final Fantasy games and i think he could have an interesting moveset utilising some of the more obsucre jobs (Geomancer, Chemist, Dancer, Oracle ect)

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789

Palarm

Smash Cadet
It's gotta be beat from jet set radio for me

I only want the soundtrack really

Team Rocket Meowth? Obscure?

Are we talking about the same Meowth that's always traveling with Jessie and James in 1,000+ episodes for the past 20+ years?
Meowth in a team rocket mech would be hilarious

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
I would love Magnus from Kid Icarus Uprising, but I never see him in any wishlist

His Assist Trophy has been removed so he isnt deconfirmed

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I know, this sounds really stupid, but Akane from Zero Escape is one of my most wanted characters for Smash Bros. I love the Zero Escape series so much, all 3 games were on Nintendo consoles (DS & 3DS) and especially the first game (999) is one of my favourite games of all time.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
Swampert from Pokémon. My personal favourite starter from my personal favourite gen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Come to think of it, since Earthworm Jim actually has more fans wanting him than expected, I'm fairly certain I'm the only one that even wants Riki Makishi from Bangai-O (with Mami alt). I mean, a rambunctious teenager that could use a counterattack-based moveset and blast everyone with a giant mech that fires hundreds of missiles/lasers for an FS? That'd be neat.

I have admittedly not gone through every page of this specific thread, but I have yet to see anyone other than myself want Vince from Art Academy to be playable.

I think it'd be a cool Wii Fit esque series to represent, and unlike Wii Fit or Style Savvy, Vince is a named character with a personality who can represent his series. An artist fighter also has plenty of potential for a unique move-set.

I've previously considered making him a Support thread, but often realise that I don't have the time spare to manage one (plus, having no idea what to do in managing one).
Amusingly enough, he did get in as an AT a few months later, so there's hope.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Queen Sectonia. I've seen some support for her here and there, but she's not as popular as other Kirby fighter requests.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
"Ninten looks too much like Ness! He could be an Echo, or an alt, I guess..."
Nah, Ninten would be awesome, I've thought of him being in since primary school.
Enzo from Bayonetta would be hilarious to play as.
Not really sure how people feel about Midna making it into the game before Skull Kid, but I'd love to see her playable.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I’m the only one that I’ve seen say anything about this character besides the occasional “not as memorable as Skull Kid”. I’d actually enjoy seeing Majora that could switch between Majora’s Wrath, Majora’s incarnation and Majora’s mask forms. Just so I’m clear I’m not talking about pressing down b to transform I mean changing based on what attacks or actions it takes.

Examples: ducking animation, side b and Nair transforms it into mask form, running animation and dash attacks to incarnation form, neutral animation (when not pressing anything), grab and jab transforms it to wrath form. That’s just to give you an idea. It’ll always change back to wrath form by default when finishing an action.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Magnus from Kid Icarus Uprising. As soon as I saw him (and his club) in the game, I thought “this guy would ft right in in Smash”. I still think so, even though his club is an item.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Kamek. Why doesn't yoshi have his antagonist yet?

Also I REALLY want glass joe, as a lighter little mac clone/echo with even worse recovery. Best possible joke character.

edit: Chozo/evil chozo statue from Metroid

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
I've never seen that much support for Tiki, and I think she'd be the perfect Fire Emblem character. But of course, there's a ton of them now, and she is an Assist Trophy, so I'll take what I can.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
As a kid playing melee, the Chozo in the back of the Brinstar stage always looked super cool to me. When I got it's trophy, I wanted it as a playable character. Since then, it's always been in the back of mind but not something I necessarily want.
Prince Fluff used to be a popular request back in the Brawl days, but since then has died down. I still think he would be awesome. Taranza from Kirby would also be super cool.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Viridi, form Kid Icarus: Uprising. It would be cook to have another actual freaking goddess in the game, not to mention she would be the first to use nature-based attacks.

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
A Pokémon mystery dungeon duo in the same vein as the ice climbers. Maybe Totodile and Torchic? Really any good combination of the initially playable Pokémon from any iteration

I also had the idea of a Mii kart racer from Mario Kart (or maybe a shy guy racer, now that generic characters aren’t out of the question).

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Most of the historical characters I've created threads for. Hanafuda characters have caught on the most, but the Joker from Nintendo All Plastic cards and the Coaster Rabbit are both very obscure.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I guess the boys from Marvelous: Another Treasure Island counts. Also would have taken Sakura Samurai as consolation for Takamaru, but I guess his game didn't make the same Splash that Dillon did.
I have other unpopular picks but they at least had some small amounts of support, like Mike Jones, Sukapon, or Muddy Mole.

Does wanting characters as Hazards count? Because I really wanted a stage based on the Rampage Franchise where George Lizzie and Ralph were destroying buildings the players were fighting on, occasionally grabbing at them to eat them.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Viridi, form Kid Icarus: Uprising. It would be cook to have another actual freaking goddess in the game, not to mention she would be the first to use nature-based attacks.
well she has a few supporters so i dont think you can really claim to be the only one who wants her

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
I’m the only one that I’ve seen say anything about this character besides the occasional “not as memorable as Skull Kid”. I’d actually enjoy seeing Majora that could switch between Majora’s Wrath, Majora’s incarnation and Majora’s mask forms. Just so I’m clear I’m not talking about pressing down b to transform I mean changing based on what attacks or actions it takes.

Examples: ducking animation, side b and Nair transforms it into mask form, running animation and dash attacks to incarnation form, neutral animation (when not pressing anything), grab and jab transforms it to wrath form. That’s just to give you an idea. It’ll always change back to wrath form by default when finishing an action.
I actually would really prefer this over Skull Kid with the mask since the mask is the real evil entity and catalyst of the events of Majora’s Mask. Skull Kid is more like a puppet. I’m not sure if that’s good enough reason, but that’s just how I’d want it to be represented.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I actually would really prefer this over Skull Kid with the mask since the mask is the real evil entity and catalyst of the events of Majora’s Mask. Skull Kid is more like a puppet. I’m not sure if that’s good enough reason, but that’s just how I’d want it to be represented.
My exact thoughts.

Top Bottom