• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any characters you want that nobody else wants?

D

Deleted member

Jibanyan. Yes he has support just maybe not a lot. Doubt he gets, in but Yo-Kai Watch is big, in Japan so maybe? I'd be happy with just an assist trophy.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Plasm Wraith! Nobody cares about more Pikmin reps(besides Louie to a small degree), but Plasm Wraith has enough weird abilities to make a moveset and more villains are always welcome.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I was thinking how NiGHTS would be interesting as a Semi Echo Fighter of Sonic and Rosalina (no Luma). NiGHTS wouldn't spin dash but you can have them replaced with boosting, drilling and air acrobatic attacks. In Ultimate NiGHTS' only chance in the game is a basic trophy or an Assist Trophy, but I bring up NiGHTS because it has appeared in more Sonic games and Sonic crossover titles than it's own series. If I, or Sega were to pick a character that isn't a Sonic character but is associated to him in a lot of crossovers then I would go with the purple Nightmaren as a newcomer.

I believe we're gonna get a Sonic echo but not another Sega character from a different IP which is unfortunate.

Last edited:

SkySkipper

Smash Rookie
Just about every character I can think of that I'd want, even down to super obscure ones like Hakkun, I can find somebody who wants them. Which is why I find it a little surprising that I've never seen anyone else even suggest Groudon as a playable character. Groudon's a very important third-generation Pokemon, so I don't know why, unless they figure it would be too big. Sure, the pokedex says that Groudon's 11 feet tall, but if you look at it in battle in the 3DS games, doesn't appear that much bigger than Charizard, for example.

Basty

Smash Ace
Lara Croft by far. I honestly kind of think she's likely for DLC, but that's a man dreaming.

Also Tracer and Dante, but I doubt those two will happen unless they have IMMENSE support

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I have admittedly not gone through every page of this specific thread, but I have yet to see anyone other than myself want Vince from Art Academy to be playable.

I think it'd be a cool Wii Fit esque series to represent, and unlike Wii Fit or Style Savvy, Vince is a named character with a personality who can represent his series. An artist fighter also has plenty of potential for a unique move-set.

I've previously considered making him a Support thread, but often realise that I don't have the time spare to manage one (plus, having no idea what to do in managing one).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I have admittedly not gone through every page of this specific thread, but I have yet to see anyone other than myself want Vince from Art Academy to be playable.

I think it'd be a cool Wii Fit esque series to represent, and unlike Wii Fit or Style Savvy, Vince is a named character with a personality who can represent his series. An artist fighter also has plenty of potential for a unique move-set.

I've previously considered making him a Support thread, but often realise that I don't have the time spare to manage one (plus, having no idea what to do in managing one).
id be on board for him

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Kris from Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem. He's just another blue-haired swordsman from Fire Emblem, so he doesn't bring anything new to the table. I'll probably just secondary Marth to compensate for him not being in the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M! Anyone remember him?

Also Magikarp.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Tingle has always had at least a little bit of support from people with good taste, but my real obscure pick has always been Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness. I mean, just look at him!

That's 1st Party Nintendo character!! A Lich in Roman Centurion armor, metal as ****! Reps a highly underrated and influential cult classic and Nintendo's only attempt at its own horror IP other than Luigi's mansion. I also think the magic system from that game could make for a real cool moveset, he could summon zombies and create barrier fields and ****. He's got a short sword and a magic staff MADE FROM A HUMAN SPINE... Hell yeah!

Never ever gonna happen though. I'd honestly be elated to even have just an Eternal Darkness trophy. Not even an Assist Trophy... just an acknowledgment that this game was a thing.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Well, I have some suggestions.

Captain N: getting the Pit and KI reboot/redesign treatment. He could also be a Subspace main character that travels to different game IPs, like a videogame version of Kingdom Hearts without the convoluted story.
Doom Slayer
The rest of the DK Krew: including Tiny Kong's redesign.
Funky Kong: using the weapons from his shop in DK 64 and a Surfing recovery or dash attack.
Spinal or Fulgore from Killer Instinct
Scorpion or Sub-Zero: Conveniently the number of MK Ninjas fit the number costume color slots in Smash.
Pauline
Candy Kong

The last two suggestions aren't characters that I'm dying to see in Smash or believe that they NEED to be playable in Smash (in Mario spin off games they should at this point), but they certainly have enough source material from the games they're in to make an interesting move set without being out of character. I've made a short post in another thread on what their specials and attacks could be.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M! Anyone remember him?

Also Magikarp.
Sorry bro I'm also on the Anthony Higgs train. I was actually a big supporter of him in the Smash 4 days when I realized Dark samus was an assist trophy and Ridley was a stage boss. I always felt he should've took over Snake's moveset for that game. I still wouldn't mind if he snuck in Ultimate somehow though that's like 0.9% chance of that actually happening.

As for character that I want that I see no one else clamoring for.... DJ Octavio from Splatoon. I love me some villains and DJ Octavio is right under King K.Rool when it comes to my personal favorite Nintendo villain. I have no idea how he would fight outside of his giant mech but if Sakurai can make Duck Hunt or Wii Fit Trainer work I don't see why he couldn't for Octavio.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I'm not really asking for him to be in Smash since it's very unlikely but I would love to have Axel Stone from Streets of Rage especially for the music that he could bring in. Captain Falcon has some similarities to Axel though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I have some suggestions.

Captain N: getting the Pit and KI reboot/redesign treatment. He could also be a Subspace main character that travels to different game IPs, like a videogame version of Kingdom Hearts without the convoluted story.
Doom Slayer
The rest of the DK Krew
: including Tiny Kong's redesign.
Funky Kong: using the weapons from his shop in DK 64 and a Surfing recovery or dash attack.
Spinal or Fulgore from Killer Instinct
Scorpion or Sub-Zero: Conveniently the number of MK Ninjas fit the number costume color slots in Smash.
Pauline
Candy Kong

The last two suggestions aren't characters that I'm dying to see in Smash or believe that they NEED to be playable in Smash (in Mario spin off games they should at this point), but they certainly have enough source material from the games they're in to make an interesting move set without being out of character. I've made a short post in another thread on what their specials and attacks could be.
Would you mind linking me to said post? I'm interested in seeing it.

Tingle has always had at least a little bit of support from people with good taste, but my real obscure pick has always been Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness. I mean, just look at him!

That's 1st Party Nintendo character!! A Lich in Roman Centurion armor, metal as ****! Reps a highly underrated and influential cult classic and Nintendo's only attempt at its own horror IP other than Luigi's mansion. I also think the magic system from that game could make for a real cool moveset, he could summon zombies and create barrier fields and ****. He's got a short sword and a magic staff MADE FROM A HUMAN SPINE... Hell yeah!

Never ever gonna happen though. I'd honestly be elated to even have just an Eternal Darkness trophy. Not even an Assist Trophy... just an acknowledgment that this game was a thing.
Silicon Knights is pretty dead these days, so I'm not sure if there's anything that'd stop Nintendo from using its material.

I'm not really asking for him to be in Smash since it's very unlikely but I would love to have Axel Stone from Streets of Rage especially for the music that he could bring in. Captain Falcon has some similarities to Axel though.
Well, you never know, Streets of Rage 4 is a thing now, and it could get a Switch version. Besides, there's always Blaze Fielding.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
A Fatal Frame character.

It's hard to find any legit fans of the series here other than me, Souldin, Rie, and Enchess.

D

Deleted member

Zael from The Last Story, a game that, like Xenoblade, was campaigned for by Operation Rainfall to convince NoA to release it in North America. And while the latter game was popular enough to spawn two follow-ups, and Xenoblade protagonist Shulk appears in both Smash 4 and Ultimate, Zael's game never got as much attention or exposure, and he only appeared as a trophy. And I doubt many care about him being in Smash now, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Before the fake "leak" with Agnes I might have suggested a Bravely Default character, but they've been somewhat discussed recently. Still, I really liked the games and thought it would be fun to see one of the characters as playable since Smash 4 so it's nice to see more discussion around them.

Likewise Reimu Hakurei from Touhou, while certainly not commonly talked about on the boards, is brought up on occasion, even if a bit infrequently in the context of an indie discussion. It's unfortunately easy both to understate and overstate Touhou's presence and importance. It managed to achieve international if niche appeal with minimal advertising and largely by word of mouth, though the memes didn't hurt. Touhou has also built it's legacy with consistent releases over 20 years. Just as Ryu is "mr. fighting game" and Cloud is "mr. JRPG," I don't think it's too much of a stretch to call Reimu "ms. bullet hell" though again that's an inherently niche genre. And though I'd be legitimately intrigued to see how Sakurai would build a moveset off a combination of the projectile-based bullet hells and the official 2d fighting games, I admit at least half the reason I want Reimu in smash is the amazing Touhou music. Assuming the stars don't align and Reimu misses the base game, I hope support for her picks up as speculation over dlc begins.

Now, one character that recently I've been wanting and that no one else probably wants is Arkantos from Age of Mythology.

He's the head Admiral of Atlantis and has the ability to boost the attack of allied units close to him for a short time, a mechanic which would be interesting for team matches. I don't think the Age of Empires is the most renown RTS out there (that's probably starcraft) but it certainly has it's own legacy and has had a resurgence recently, as well as having an impact on myself growing up. I think Arkantos would be a good choice to represent the Age of Empires series as he's the main character from one of the more popular entries in the series and also circumnavigates the issue characters from the Age of Empires II have of being actual historical figures. While at face value he doesn't seem to have much moveset potential, having some sort of resource management system could be interesting, though I really don't know how that would be implemented. At the end of the day though, Arkantos is definitely a niche and personal pick.

Nenkendo

Smash Rookie
Clay & Ace from Mario Power Tennis (your main Playable charactors in the Story Mode of the game.
Both from the GBA era and First Party Adjacent characters that represent a current and popular Nintendo Franchise with no Direct representation within the smash verse. the games not completely forgotten as it got a port over to the Wii U in 2014.

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Probably Pico, Samurai Goroh, and Dr. Stuart (Steuart?) just so the original F-zero cast is in.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'd be legit happy if any of General Scales, Mawile, KK Slider, or E.Gadd made it

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Addam from Xenoblade 2. I'm hype about the new Torna expansion coming next week, and I like Addam's attitude and fighting style a lot. If he would make it in, he'd be a Rex and Pyra echo with Mythra, though I like his potential as a unique fighter.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Addam from Xenoblade 2. I'm hype about the new Torna expansion coming next week, and I like Addam's attitude and fighting style a lot. If he would make it in, he'd be a Rex and Pyra echo with Mythra, though I like his potential as a unique fighter.
nope i want him too, i just waiting for it to come out before i start the support thread

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Honestly, ever since Smash 64, the ONLY Pokemon character I've ever wanted was...Ash Ketchum, or at least a Pokemon Trainer(functioning differently from the Pokemon Trainer in Smash).
I wanted it so that you actually control the Trainer and attack through summoning various pokemon(and regular human jabs and stuff), also having the bicycle in the moveset. It'd be the ideal Pokemon representation to me since in mainline Pokemon games you control the trainer and walk around with the trainer, not the pokemon. I haven't seen this idea brought up at all though and there already exists a Pokemon Trainer in Smash that functions differently but to this day, this still makes sense to me and is the only main Pokemon character I'd be excited for tbh.

Also from what I saw of the anime, I was a bigger fan of Ash and the human characters than any of the Pokemon so funnily enough I was disappointed when Pikachu was playable instead.

Last edited:

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
nope i want him too, i just waiting for it to come out before i start the support thread
Haha, then we're on the same page. I was thinking about making one for him after it comes out too, but I'll leave it to you!

Top Bottom